Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Scoobs @ Rally Germany

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2002, 10:34 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a couple of UK Scoobs and quite a few well stickered up foreign scoobs last weekend at Rally Germany.

Made a very satisfying impression in my de-catted STI7 UK which by coincidence seemed to develop better than normal major WRC pop-n-bang over the weekend (could be the driving though!).

Who else was there?

Me - World rally blue STI UK with big STI logos on spoiler and drooling east Europeans all over the place.

Also, who was in the UK plate red Octavia RS on Thursday evening driving stage 3, dream on big boy!

Managed to blag back door into Trier service, whilst in motor, by pointing to Prodrive on t-shirt sleeve then pointing to Prodrive service set-up, still can't believe that actually worked!

Magic weekend other than the circus stage set-up!
Old 28 August 2002, 11:16 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

I only saw 1 UK reg STI. Where you there with a blonde lady?
Stacks of tasty continental Scoobies though. Carparks were full of Porkers and Mercs too,wonder if they have the same bother with lowlife over there?
Friday's stages in the vineyards were great but Sat was very poor in the army ground. Those stage were more like a race track than a WRC stage.
Did you get the car into Parc Ferme? We got right under the Subaru service tents even with no passes. Not for long though!
Old 29 August 2002, 03:02 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

i was there classic my00 sti5 spoiler 18"s.legeras had a forge vta dump valve fitted day we left and my one was spitting flames much to the amusement of some slovinians we befreinded

saw a black sti7 type uk there a rb5 and a my01 wrx

had a mega weekend and did you try the colabeer and them ginourmas sausages

[Edited by X SOOOBY - 8/29/2002 3:04:40 PM]
Old 29 August 2002, 07:39 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was there in my WRBLUE MY01, I saw several old shape(Sorry Classic) UK scoobs and a blue Sti 7.

- Black 'K' Reg WRX
- DMBlue 'X' reg
- Blue 'R' Reg
- WRBlue Sti7

I too noticed the difference in the pops & bangs whilst out around the stages, must have been the 150+ Mph inbetween them that did the trick especially when we overtook a rozzer at that speed........... Feckin awesome !

That Cola beer was wierd,I tried it in a pub on the first night........although it caused a laugh in my local last night when the barmaid refused to serve it to me, then the landlord said if you drink it you can have it free gratis............Ha Sucker !

Did anybody go to the Riverside for the post event party ?

Old 29 August 2002, 09:07 PM
X SOOOBY
Scooby Regular

555 boy was it my dbm x reg that you saw you would of known mine i had the sad bike rack on the back allthough they did save too much walking on some of the stages allthough not so great uphill