Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

W@nker in Blue MX5 - Redhill Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2002, 02:24 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Came out of the 60 near Woodhatch into the 30 with this pr1ck in a girly Blue old shape MX-5 (apologies to any mx5 owners) sitting right up my ****, now it doesn't usually bother me but his headlights were hidden he was so close, go thru the 30 and into the 40 so accelerate up and leave him for dead as to be expected, now its easy to drive thru a 30 at 60 but not in a 60 at 60 like this **** master general...

So we then enter the 30 at the top of Redhill and guess who comes bounding thru the 30 about 70??

I mean it's really challenging to drive fast on a big A road with street lights but not on a nice twisty B road in the middle of nowhere, damn if I could drive fast in the 30 zones i'd surely be as much of a man as this c~ck?

Obviously proving whatever pointless point this ****** clearly has, he then sits right up my **** again, now I know for a fact my AP brakes are far superior to his rollerskate brakes so when the lights go amber at the top of Redhill I gently 'apply' a little more pressure than usual he locks his brakes and misses me by about an inch then is gobbing off cos I didnt go thru the lights!! - So I just ignore him and get on with my life, BUT...he's back up my **** again, what is it with these people??! - Should have given him a biatch slap really when I had the chance lol.

So if you are the Blue Old Style MX5...you're a complete TW@T.

Rant over

[Edited by TBMeech - 8/14/2002 2:25:39 PM]
Old 14 August 2002, 03:30 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Talking

Lol cheers Jason
Old 14 August 2002, 05:08 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to inform you that he is in a non elite club of thousands, generally known as the all over scoobys back side club. Anyone can join, but platinum members usually include gtis, hot hatches and anything with less bhp than you as standard.
Old 14 August 2002, 05:25 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

yeh i know, I think he got the extra platinum version which allows you to try and crash into cars that you are jealous of, either that or was using his own hairdressing skills on himself.
Old 15 August 2002, 01:07 PM
naughty
Scooby Regular

boys boys boys,

you need to play with these dozy wan*ers, slow sufficently to let the muppets think they can overtake, they go for it and when they are getting alongside gently squeeze the go pedal, now becareful mind, to much and satisfaction will not be acheived after a few seconds, they will realise that the on comming traffic is gong to mate with them, the next section all comes down to guts, you leave them in the wrong lane and they have to break and drop behind making them more enraged but realising there piles of shi! dont deserve to be on the same strech of road, or you can blowthem away giving much the same reaction

he he he!

ps this dosent work on duel carrigeways

morgan.
Old 15 August 2002, 04:20 PM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Naughty,

Naughty by name Naughty by nature eh?

Cant be doing that, rather just give them a good spanking and p1ss them off by driving at 20 in a 30
Old 15 August 2002, 05:13 PM
Greg Marston
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you had a real ***** on you tail, I think you did the right thing though, you don't want to nabbed by the Fed's for road rage. You displayed extreme patience.

By the way I have a Silver MX-5 as my weekend in the sun car. Need a cut and blow dry? I'm your man.....lol

Old 15 August 2002, 05:22 PM
carpet
Scooby Regular

Had a similar thing on the weekend, an old bloke in an alfa thingy, right up my harris. Couldnt be arsed to floor it, so just stopped the car about 50 yards from the light !

He didnt know what to do, stopped him hitching a free ride anyway

Old 15 August 2002, 07:15 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

thats why I have a straight thru cat free system, get them close & just bounce of the rev limiter in a low gear, kin big flame out & they no longer want to play
Old 16 August 2002, 07:15 AM
naughty
Scooby Regular

rear fireing ground to air missles would also put them off

Old 16 August 2002, 09:26 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Greg,

Cheers m8, I have sort of spikey hair can you deal with that? lol

Need some sort of James Bond stylee smoke screen or tacks that come out of my reg plate
Old 16 August 2002, 11:09 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It really p1sses me off when people drive like that!

Then when they nearly hit you because you have to slow for what ever reason do they learn? sometimes but normally no.. they continue sticking to your bumper..

Sitting here now knowing how annoyed it gets me I really should just pull over and stop and let them pass, as why let them get to me but no in the situation I shall do the usual of slowing down and then slowing down at green traffic lights and accelerating as it goes orange so they have to stop or jump it.. or like said previously accelerate as they go to overtake.

I have thought about a sticker for the rear window something like:

Airbags tested here ----->

Or

If you can read this then I am about to do a brake TEST

or

You stopping distance is 10times more than you are allowing

LOL..

JGM
Old 16 August 2002, 02:40 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

You've started an interesting thread here TB ....and I think we all have experiences of these sorts of drivers (I include Pug 106s and Swifts in my list of tailgaters). The trick I like to employ (needs practise) is to apply a touch of pressure to the break peddle with my left foot (coming out of a 30 into a 60) and flooring the right foot. Tends to keep them back...if not, just keep dabbing the left foot (VVV gently) on the brake when they are up your arris and they will drop back.
Old 16 August 2002, 02:44 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scoobyk,

I have done that myself, then one time as doing it I had to stop quick and couldn't get my right foot on the brake pedal as the left one was there, I panicked as I couldn't stop etc..
then in the panic pushed the clutch to the floor to change down in the hope this would slow me down, only my left foot was on the brake and I stopped in a cloud of smoke and screaching noises sideways doh... just be careful..

JGM
Old 16 August 2002, 07:55 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nice to see i'm not the only one this happens to as i
saunter along in my Sport. I get fed up with the b@st@rds.
Couple of weeks ago on an A road, in the middle of a line of 6.
A right 90 about 60 yds away, this geek decides to overtake the
car behind me , and me as well. Obviously intendin to cut me right up. I spotted the dozy tw@t, as he got up level with the rear bumper, at which time i dropped it down, and pulled up behind
the car in front of me. His face was a picture.
The guy behind was larffin his head off.
Lets have more dits
Old 16 August 2002, 08:05 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

JGM...don't be offended, but that's really made me chuckle !! I did the same thing when I was experimenting &$£^(£$ years ago in my first ever car (Dollie sprint) - ended up broadside across a road in plumes of smoke...thought I was the only pra77 to do that ! Have since learned and spent years mastering the technique... and am always V careful where and when used.

Thanks for pointing the warning out tho - safe driving
Old 17 August 2002, 12:28 AM
breezer
Scooby Regular

Quote (how do I do this properly? is there a square-bracket escape for it?):
----------->8----------
I have thought about a sticker for the rear window something like:

Airbags tested here ----->

Or

If you can read this then I am about to do a brake TEST

or

You stopping distance is 10times more than you are allowing
----------->8----------

Last one is more serious, but a bit too long. Add to it "My stopping distance leaves you embedded here ---> ."

Or another one (I'm on a roll here...):

"You'll have plenty of time to read this in hospital after the accident"

"Can you still read this with your head full of windscreen/airbag/..?"

"Stopping distance measured in inches" (ok, exaggeration, but makes a point), or even more so,

My brakes stop me here
|
\|/

Enough?

One more (rather provocative though)...

"Your face probably would look better splattered over my boot".

Problem is, they all require not too-large fonts, which encourages people to get closer to read them...

I had some T-shirt ideas along similar lines a few years ago (at uni, to give you an idea for the flavour of things ):

(written in very small writing, and maybe upside down) "If you can read this, are we doing it right?" or other rather flirty ones.

Ok, it's late.. I'll get me coat.
Old 17 August 2002, 07:39 AM
Doc@IlsonIlson
Scooby Regular

Just slow down to 20mph that really pee`s them off
Old 17 August 2002, 02:50 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Wink

Buy an EVO, no one does this with me. In fact it's really quite boring! No one messes with me.

Used to be a prob when I had the scoob, maybe the scooby is now seen as more a aprochable car?

Maybe i've just been lucky?