Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

@ Le Mans?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2002, 09:18 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I saw quite a few British scoobs @ Le Mans, and I've token photos which I'll post up soon. (Link will be provided).

Who were you, and were did you park/camp?

We met Paul(?) and admired his STi7 with it's PE exhaust.

Our group consisted of a 22B, MY01 (WR Blue), MY99 (DBM). Oh, and a Toyota RAV4! We were guests of the Porsche Club GB

Phew, what a scorcher!

Edited to say - I won't be showing the link to my piccies, coz I haven't doctored the reg.nos and I'm not sure if the chaps will mind me making them public.

[Edited by Squizz - 6/20/2002 8:45:11 AM]
Old 18 June 2002, 01:09 PM
JCM7611
Scooby Regular

Talking

Squizz, from memory I will go through what Scoobs I spotted before you post any pics.

Right, here we go then.

2x Series McRae, 1 with standard Safari alloys, the other with Superturismo 2's

White WRX, GrpN style with roll cage and no boot spoiler

WR blue WRX (bugeye) with anthracite alloys

Green Turbo wagon

DBM *555 SUB

Reddish blue Turbo with gold alloys

Black MY01 GX

Red impreza with low level spoiler

2x silver Impreza's

White Legacy Turbo Estate

STi7 at 'the island' following a TVR

I think that is about it

James
Old 18 June 2002, 01:47 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I was parked in Maison Blanc, spotted quite a few of the above plus a P1. Blatted away from a toll booth with a Terzo, shame the traffic was there I was about to leave you

Was driving a Green Modified Go-Ped during the event.
Old 18 June 2002, 02:07 PM
R 5C0DBY
Scooby Regular

Talking

i was there as i said without the scooby but had a gr8 time!
i saw the scoobies squizz but there was no-one about when i was there so couldnt have a chat! i also spotted an rb5 at around
8o'clock on sunday night in a petrol station in rouen(anyone?)
Old 18 June 2002, 02:53 PM
snowcrash
Scooby Regular

i know turboteeth's parents went to le mans (silver wagon - r reg).
Old 18 June 2002, 04:08 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

Cool

Squizz,

Despite all the sauce of the stag weekend, glad to see you remembered myself and Trimdon.

Had a good trip back, again ruined by the STi7 speed limiter kicking in at 160mph (indicated) @ 6200rpm, brakes cooked to sh*t now after a couple of flat-out stamps to avoid stray locals in their mirror-less cars plus the odd high speed roundabout approach.....

Followed a Viper in Shelby colours most of the way back, hence the frustration about the limiter and the resultant black brakes.

We saw the reddish blue Scoob c/w gold alloys travelling with an Ultima GT, also we saw GAZZER in his silver MY01 travelling with a load of Lambos & other hi-speed exotica.

Hope you boys got back OK.

Cheers

Paul

Old 18 June 2002, 05:57 PM
GAZZER
Scooby Regular

Thanks Paul NP

Got back OK about 8.30 on Sunday eve having done 1150 miles in total, all the exotica got back aswell.

Both the Diablos saw over 200 at various times over the weekend mine could only manage 155 but managed to keep up overall.

The night racing is the best to see especially at Mulsanne although it has been better in previous years as you couldn't get close to the track, the noise as the cars pass at about 250 is earsplitting. Got into various parts of the circuit that you cannot normally get to with our passes.

Saw a few other scoobs but could not remember any plates to identify so let me know if you saw us.

Gaz
Old 18 June 2002, 09:54 PM
rawsy
Scooby Regular

Cool

More importantly, who was at the bar on Terte Rouge for the England game on Saturday ???!!! That was a great afternoon, even better than the race !!

What happened to the four Danes sat in there, and can anyone remember what we sang at them when they left at half time ??!!

Paul N P - are u going to tell us about your Scoob mishap with the MG ??!

G
Old 18 June 2002, 09:58 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Rawsy (aka Trimdon/Spence) just a small reversing error after the England game, as we all know it always ends in tears, particularly with the Prodrive rear spoiler.
Old 18 June 2002, 10:05 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

hi was parked out side blue parking most of the time only saw 2 scoobys whole weekend and one was french
Adrian
Old 19 June 2002, 09:01 AM
Stroudy
Scooby Regular

Smile

I was there too, in campsite Bleu..
A silver & black scoob in there also..

Nice to see a few Belgian & Dutch plated scoobs waving & flashing... Helllo if it was you

A nice new shape Blue scoob in Maison, got a photo, v.nice

Cheers

Kev
Old 19 June 2002, 01:39 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Any of you lot go "playing" at that roundabout that lies between the Mulsanne straight, and Houx Annexe ??

Old 19 June 2002, 02:49 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Houx Annexe, Red MY95 UK Turbo - Low Level Spoiler (Cross of St George on the boot )

Pics here

Watched the footy via Satellite in our tent thanks (45 people watching a 14" at one point )

Deano

Old 19 June 2002, 02:56 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Star turns of the roundabout were the Europa, French "Back-fire-on-demand" espace, and the qaud-bike.

A couple of our group went playing for a just a couple of turns on the Sunday Night. (Red BMW 325 Ci, Silver Elise and Poncy Blue fiat Coupe Turbo). A little later (I'm sure it was the Sunday but it was getting pretty hazy by then) a guy in his (Ex?) mates Caterham came off the roundabout heading right to left (looking at it from the campsite) Think he must have booted it off of the roundabout and had a wiggle, then hit one of the trees with the side of the car. Apparently the owner had built it and only done 60 miles before LeMans. We were only camped 75m away so heard rather than saw it. Saw it being pushed back to the campsite.

Never enjoy seeing any car (especially one with personal build effort) being stuffed - It was a sobering site.

Deano
Old 19 June 2002, 03:42 PM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

I was there (in maison blanc) p1 with gold 18's oz and big brakes
saw two other p1's as well
Matthew
www.scoobycity.co.uk
Old 19 June 2002, 04:41 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Yikes on the Caterham!

The Espace and Quad were indeed quality acts.
Old 19 June 2002, 06:00 PM
Scooby Regular

Smile

"I was parked in Maison Blanc, spotted quite a few of the above plus a P1. Blatted away from a toll booth with a Terzo, shame the traffic was there I was about to leave you"

No Chance Mr Silverwagon !!! You could of let me out when the truck got in my way ?

Hello All ! Only just found this excellent site whilst getting bored at work, after a superb weekend.

We were at Houx Annexe, I agree the atmosphere at the Tertre Rouge for the footy was spot on even if the TV was a bit small.

Cheers.
Old 19 June 2002, 08:37 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Deano,
Didn't a Bmw also right off a 2CV on the same round about!!!

James,
Also *555 MAD spotted
Paul,
Hi a M8 nice to hear from you

Tony
Old 19 June 2002, 09:24 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

We heard that rumour. Also that the BMW driver was 4 times over the limit and max punishment was large fine and ban from driving in France. - but didnt see anything to confirm/deny it. If all true then hes a to$$er. Our guys who went playing purposefully stayed off the beer all day sunday - which was a challenge in itself.

Deano
Old 19 June 2002, 09:30 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

There was also a scoob with the names on the windows - though it might have been the white spoiler less wrx.

I only knew 1 of the 11 guys I went with beforehand - They were all mates from his work. I thinking rigging the generator, satellite andd TV up got me accepted though. We were talking on the boat on the way home about things we could do extra next year. I mentioned names on windows and that I thought about it this year, but didnt want to turn up and immediately get labelled to$$er.

It seemed the main feeling was that not mentioning the possibility was in fact nothing but the work of a complete certified to$$er. So at least 1 convoy next year will all have names on windows

Respect to the Team Bentley camp near one of the Houx Annexe entrances with the bl**dy great swimming pool - boy were they looking smug on Sunday Evening . Never been so hot and dusty.

Deano
Old 19 June 2002, 09:44 PM
Steve Gibbins
Scooby Regular

Myself and a few others camped in Interieur Musee, I was in a MY95 DBM WRX with the guy with the bug-eyed WRX with anthracite alloys, camped quite close to the white WRX with roll-cage who was also with a series McRae. Saw the Beemer and the Fiat Coupe at the afore mentioned roundabout as well as a few other sites that perhaps shouldn't be mentioned (at least before the watershed).
Had a great drive back, mate with his red FTO had a thrash against a Ferrari 360 and a TVR Cerbera at least until the TVR broke down at Rouen.

Steve
Old 19 June 2002, 10:05 PM
kwack
Scooby Regular

Yes, BMW did hit a 2CV near Houz Annex.

Saw the aftermath both cars were pretty smashed to say the least.

Camped at Houx Annex.

MY99 DBM with p1 wheels.

Also on Friday on the way there I think (not suer about the day) saw an STI7 absulutely blasting on one of the motorways back.

Who was that???

Kwack
Old 19 June 2002, 10:37 PM
David1965
Scooby Regular

Camped in Houx Annexe
green MY98 parked next to porsche carrara 4

great weekend. The roads in France are ace.

Drove back on Monday. Saw a gray w reg and a blue wagon on the way back.
Old 19 June 2002, 11:39 PM
GMT
Scooby Regular

Cool

I was in interieur musuee ... W reg RB5.

superb weekend.. saw a few scoobs on the way back.. cant remember any reg's, but green saloon, silver wagon that followed me for quite a while ... saw the white spoilerless one...

I was parked right by the S bend section

Graham
Old 20 June 2002, 08:43 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Next time, I'll know to lay off the booze on Friday...

That way I can use the car to enjoy the Mulsanne and DRIVE to the Carrefour supermarket. We walked it (along the Mulsanne), and when we got there I very nearly passed out!!

Who else had McDonalds for dinner/tea on Sunday night then?
Old 20 June 2002, 09:02 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
"No Chance Mr Silverwagon !!! You could of let me out when the truck got in my way ?"

Yes I should have done, apologies for that. Could have had some more fun later then.

Old 20 June 2002, 12:11 PM
Paul N P
Scooby Regular

kwack,

Sti7 at hyper-speed on motorway was undoubtedly me, we were travelling as fast as we could go at every opportunity to and from Le Mans.

Paul
Old 20 June 2002, 01:26 PM
Stroudy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Here's a few pics I've just put on the web.. haven't got all of my pics, can't find the film with Mad-fridays antics

http://www.kstroud.fsnet.co.uk/Le_Mans_Gallery_2002.htm
Old 20 June 2002, 08:50 PM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

Good pics mate
I have no pictures but did anyone see the burnouts and wheelies going on outside maison blanc on the main road? In particular the pissed bloke who got onto the back of the lorry?
Part of my account here! http://scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=524
Old 21 June 2002, 12:47 AM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Talking

he-he,

camped in Parking Bleu (as have done the past few years) with my 93 WRX.
Video'd plenty of the Friday night antics, and played back some of the stuff last night - hillarious even when sober!!
The guy who climbed on the lorry is there every year (in a similar state!), and does like climing onto things!!
Other highlights from the Friday were the white van doing massive burnouts, and an Audi doing much the same, who on the final attempt, drove off with a stick-on blue flashing light on his roof!

Drove up to Arnarge corner on Saturday night to watch the glowing brakes in the dark.
Left fairly early on Sunday to beat the traffic and get the most out of the French roads!!

[Edited by DaveD - 6/21/2002 12:53:25 AM]

Quick Reply: @ Le Mans?