Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2009, 05:22 PM
dan.g
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE!!

can anyone tell me if there is a fuel cut off switch on my w reg scooby plz and if there is where is it?!! my car starts but cuts out a couple of seconds later as if there is no fuel being pumped through it? help please!!!
Old 01 March 2009, 05:25 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like immobilser problem. The immobilser from the key.
Old 01 March 2009, 06:44 PM
dan.g
Scooby Newbie

i hit a pot hole in the road for this to happen if thats any help!! was driving down a road pretty fast and straight after i hit this dip in the road the car cut out, any ideas if there is a cut off switch on it or anything? ive disconected the earth cable on the battery for about half hour but still does the same! any ideas?!?!?!
Old 04 March 2009, 09:57 AM
cushti
Scooby Regular

Check the wiring or could be a plug's become loose. Check around the fuel pump in the boot as well.
Old 08 March 2009, 09:38 PM
tom617
Scooby Newbie

Default lack of fuel

hi dan i had a similiar problem with my 94 wrx it was eventually traced to the loom under the rear seat on the offside, the connector was partially burnt and the earth to the fuel pump was shorted causimg the pump to stop, it is intermittant but worth having a look at if you dont have any other ideas. good luck
Old 08 March 2009, 10:55 PM
scooby46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tom617
hi dan i had a similiar problem with my 94 wrx it was eventually traced to the loom under the rear seat on the offside, the connector was partially burnt and the earth to the fuel pump was shorted causimg the pump to stop, it is intermittant but worth having a look at if you dont have any other ideas. good luck

I have a 95 sti and it had EXACTLY the same problem and it turned out to be what tom617 said!!! Cost me pick up and garage labour now i know where to look if it happens again!!!