Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

centre console and radio cage

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2007, 12:25 AM
j7 gkk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default centre console and radio cage

ive bought myself a version4 sti this week and wanting to fit my stereo but i dont even have a radio cage with the car, its a double din and im wanting to make it a single din and have a compartment, ive been to my local halfords and they say they can get no such thing, and i have rung autotek sheffield and they said i have to make something to make it fit

if anyone has a uk radio cage and compartment or anything to make it fit or even point me in the right direction to get the needed bits
Old 12 March 2007, 04:12 PM
HONDA_RVF400
Scooby Regular

This is what i need too,
so any help would be apreicated

Thanks
Adam
Old 12 March 2007, 07:50 PM
Neilg7777
Scooby Regular

Hi m8 just fitted my stereo in using the cage in there, bolted to the holes on the side of stereo great fit. When i tryed to fit it with the single cage it was to big.
Neil
Old 12 March 2007, 09:09 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by j7 gkk
ive bought myself a version4 sti this week and wanting to fit my stereo but i dont even have a radio cage with the car, its a double din and im wanting to make it a single din and have a compartment, ive been to my local halfords and they say they can get no such thing, and i have rung autotek sheffield and they said i have to make something to make it fit

if anyone has a uk radio cage and compartment or anything to make it fit or even point me in the right direction to get the needed bits
In the centre console area can you see a lh & rh bracket. As this is what holds the stereo in place. The cage fits into these brackets as well as the lower pocket tray when converting to double din to single din.

If you do not have the 2 side brackets then you won't be able to fit the stereo firmly into position.

Ebay sell the lower tray pockets but you need the brackets in the first place for the tray to be fixed too.

I diy the pre97 brackets to my 98sti dash to keep me going until I fine the correct genuine brackets.

Ticky
Old 12 March 2007, 09:16 PM
Surgical Spirit
Scooby Regular

I have just the link, you've been waiting for - try these...

Chiark: Scooby ICE FAQ

ehgp publishing ltd private pages