Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Jdm spec c heads

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2015, 01:13 PM
Antoscoobs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jdm spec c heads

hello looking for a pair of jdm spec c heads complete with cams and pulleys. only heads without cracks please
Old 08 June 2015, 01:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They pretty much all have cracks around the spark plug holes, it's more a case of where they are, as in how many threads they go down. They're generally not even visible to the naked eye until they are cleaned up with chemical cleaner and sprayed with some sort of freezing spray that highlights them.

The ones I bought looked perfect until they went through this process at my engine builders when I delivered them at which point my heart sank, cracks went down about 6 threads on one of the heads and 4 that we could see on the other,so they were scrap, engine builder said he'd never seen a set that weren't cracked to some degree or another, fortunately I bought them off a top bloke on here called Shreksta and he refunded me straight away.

Just thought I'd warn you that you're basically looking for rocking horse poo with diamond studs in it.