2002 WRX Wagon - Gutted

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2013, 05:23 PM
Bobby_RStevens
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 WRX Wagon - Gutted

Guys,

If anyone knows of someone local looking for a good honest base/car then please feel free to put them in touch.

I know it's in the wrong section but I really want someone to get the car that will look after it and not trash it...

Reg. Date: 29/10/2002

Mileage: 99,805

MOT Expiry: 06/02/2014

Road Tax: 10/2013

For Sale our Subaru Impreza WRX Estate. Going to really, really miss this car but have no choice as lost my storage so no where to keep her as its our Sunday driver.... She is a 52 Plate, late 2002 UK WRX and one of the last Green WRX's before they dropped this colour. I have known this car for a long time as the previous owner emigrated to Australia a few years ago which is when I bought the car from them. It has loads of extras that have been added by me and many I will not know about as unfortunately the entire service history before I purchased the car had been mis placed in the move but the car is genuine so I will list what I was told and what I know about. But the car pulls reall, really well so would not suprise me if things like the Turbo are different, it does not look old at all.

Lightwight bonnet and wings
17" OZ superturiso GT's 4 x new tyres
Rare ZeroSports Cat back system that meets UK Track laws and sounds awesome (Well over £900 new and you try finding one.... it took me ages )
Prodrive headlights
HKS Headers (Equal Length)
HKS Downpipe / Decat
HKS Hard Pipe / Cold Intake + K&N Cone in the inner wings
HKS Turbo Timer
EBC drilled and Groved disks + Had new Pads last year
Bailey DV (original is available if you prefer a re-circ
Clarion headunit with Aux, USB and Media input (Not cheap system)
STi bottom DIN Pocket (silver)
Legacy GT Rear wiper conversion
Lowered 40mm
Import grill and inserts which have been colour coded as has the side skirts

Prob loads and loads more, I seem to recall that it had a Prodrive/Sti ECU but don't quote me on this as I have never checked. The interior is in good condition and seats are strong and supportive and everything works including the A/C The paintwork does have scratches here and there but she is getting on but the finish when clean is imho fantastic - the car could do with a really good T-Cut / MOP as I have barly used the car over the last few years but I have left it for now so the new owner can see everything, i have also only vac'd and wiped down the interior so again... no nasty back to black so you can see what the interior looks like. I can't stress how hard a decission this is to sell, I have done less that 7k in the car in 2 years and the last 4 months it has barely moved but due to loss of secure parking I have no choice. The car drives really well, handles as it should and as far as power I have had many "Sunday" cars in my time and this is by far the most fun.

Problems worth mentioning. Alloys need a refurb, front 2 are fairly curbed but all 4 could do with refurb.
Due to lack of use the brakes are catching a little and a noisey but imagine that with more use these will be fine (I actually just sold the Brembo brakes I had for the car as this would have been my route)
Reverse gear is lazy when you first start the car but for some reason after driving a short while it's all good, presume the Gearbox oil needs servicing but only noticed this when starting to use the car the other week - suspect this will be simple fix. No crunch or anything it's just tight when cold if that makes sence, slip into 4th first then rev will be fine - when warm it's never and issue.
Oh - the clock has a mind of its own and sometimes comes on but mostly not.
Bit if clutch judder so suspect flywheel but was informed the car had a new excedy clutch before the prev chap had the car.
Front driving lights/fogs not wired
scratches on Drivers window
Slight wheel wobble at about 65-70

The car has all the usual electric everything and CAT 1 alarm from the factory. I had the car serviced last year and previous owner did the cam belt back in 2010 but I only have the history from the few years I have owned.

More Pics

http://s123.photobucket.com/user/Bob...ibrary/impreza

Anything you want to know just mail, call or text...

We live in Llandybie, Ammanford - 07720409826

I have had Subaru's for years but this was the first Imp as always had legacy's - Really gutted but nothing I can do..

Have to sell, it is on Ebay and has no reserve but advertised elsewhere so if someone wanted and we agreed a price I will end early.

£2400 - Priced to sell

Rgs

Bobby

Last edited by Bobby_RStevens; 20 May 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Sorted Pics
Old 22 May 2013, 09:27 AM
sti345
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice looking car seen this at work a few times........top guy rob....glws mate.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:34 AM
Bobby_RStevens
Scooby Regular

Default :)

Nice one mate, gutted to be selling but needs must.... have a passat for work now and family would kill me if we sold the Venga (Vito) and I don't have the luxury of out buildings Storage gone so trying to shuffle 3 cars around a new housing estate is just not practical and it will not be long before one of them gets me in trouble

Someone will get a bargin for the money.

Hope you and the tribe are good...

Kind Rgs

Bobby
Old 05 September 2016, 09:55 AM
Bobby_RStevens
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know where this car is these days?

I knew i'd regret this.

Rgs

Bobby