Time to sell up

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2013, 01:07 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to sell up

I am sad to say that I too am considering selling up now.
My wife is pregnant with our third child and at present she is running about in a little 54 plate Fiesta. I want to get her something bigger but the only way I can do that is by selling the Impreza. I have to say that fair play to my wife, she has put not an ounce of pressure on me to part with the car. It is my decision. I will get her something like a Focus and settle for another Pug 106 diesel for me.
I have yet to advertise the car for sale but will look to do so on the usual places.
The car is an 07 Plate Hawkeye Impreza STI with 17,000 on the clock with 6 months tax and a brand new MOT (15-02-13). Its WR Blue with 18inch gold Revolution Millenium wheels.
Its running at around 380BHP after a few simple mods and a remap, Milltek exhaust.
I am open to sensible offers. Somewhere around £12,000.
If anybody is interested its best to contact me on my mobile – 07748 388046.

I will get some pics but I cant do that until I put the spoiler back on the car which will be on Saturday.

On another note does anybody know what I need to do in order to put the car up for sale on the For Sale section on here?

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by Dan W; 18 February 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 18 February 2013, 01:14 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a shame Dan, great car this one maintained to the highest standards good luck with the sale.
Old 18 February 2013, 01:16 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Thanks Kev.
Old 18 February 2013, 04:09 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

We need a coffee, mate.
Old 18 February 2013, 08:47 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am quite gutted to here it mate since you were the first person I spoke to at my very first meet 6-7 years ago, but I do understand where you are coming from. My other half needs something bigger since we have a little one ourselves and I use her car more than she does these days with the cost of fuel so have thought it would be a good idea to sell the scoob and buy a 535D or something simular but can't bring myself to do it.

Someone will get a great low mileage example with yours though, don't fancy a part exchange with a well looked after WRX do you!!?
Old 19 February 2013, 09:55 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815

We need a coffee, mate.
I need to pull my finger out and get down to see you.
Old 19 February 2013, 09:59 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
I am quite gutted to here it mate since you were the first person I spoke to at my very first meet 6-7 years ago, but I do understand where you are coming from. My other half needs something bigger since we have a little one ourselves and I use her car more than she does these days with the cost of fuel so have thought it would be a good idea to sell the scoob and buy a 535D or something simular but can't bring myself to do it.

Someone will get a great low mileage example with yours though, don't fancy a part exchange with a well looked after WRX do you!!?
I remember Ian. The time has bloody flown by. That was back in the summer of 2006. Incredible.

I guarantee that I will have another Scooby. I am tempted to get myself an aged classic for about 2-3k and have some 'cheaper' fun for a while.

If I do end up in a little diesel for a while I will definitely have something else in a year or two.

Perhaps your car might tempt me Ian. Its in my favourite colour on a Scooby anyway.
Old 19 February 2013, 01:06 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a shame Dan but there are other things more important as well. That's a great car you got there to I've driven it on a few occasions and cleaned it more than once as well and someone will get a good buy there.
Old 19 February 2013, 01:59 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport
That's a shame Dan but there are other things more important as well. That's a great car you got there to I've driven it on a few occasions and cleaned it more than once as well and someone will get a good buy there.

Thanks Simon.
I will be sorry to see it go but I have got to do it. I have to put the wife and children first.

Never though I would ever say that.

Seriously though, as you said, some things are more important.
Old 28 February 2013, 03:38 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Lets have a guess at how many calls I have had about the car.

Can anybody help by taking a look at my add on Piston Heads and offer some advice as to what I might be doing wrong.

Here is the link.

Many thanks

Dan

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...k-2007/1098619
Old 28 February 2013, 04:02 PM
weirdfish
Scooby Regular

Just had a quick look at your ad. The art of selling any car is to make it stand out from the crowd and take some real high quality/resolution pics.
You need to put some detail of service history in the ad. Mileage, where/when it was done, pics of interior as well might help.
Basically as much detail as possible about any mods carried out, and pics of mods as well.
Not sure about the spoiler either, maybe fit it to the car and give the new owner the opportunity to remove if they require, might sound better than having a couple of holes in the car.
Looks nice anyway, but just try and give it the edge over anything else out there.
Old 02 March 2013, 09:00 PM
Richy B
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear you are selling up mate. I have recently been in a similar situation and after a good hard think ended up selling my 22B!

I have looked at your ad and if you are really serious about selling up, I am going to give some constructive critisim if that is ok?

Look at this car - http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-torque/663992

The reason I believe this car has sold is because it looks right for what it is and the descripion is simple, depersonalised and to the point.

When I first tried to sell the 22B I went into my life history on the advert on pistonheads. Don't do it. Look at the advert above, they keep it simple and if someone is interested needs to ask other questions they will. Believe it or not the guy who bought my 22B was a guy who saw it on scoobynet's cars for sale where I described it the least!

If I was looking at your car on PH, personally I really don't like the spoilerless look. In my opinion the hawkeye STi looks best when they have a boot spoiler and for me it is detracting from the look of the car. I would also remove all the non oem stickers (inc. gb flags on the flaps), put the number plate back in the right place on the front and show the registration number on your ads. Take some photos in a nice background and make sure no one is sitting in the car, so the buyer can imagine themselves owning the car and it not being someone else's car!

Sadly at the moment Imprezas just are not selling for what they are worth (I had to drop mine from what I thought it was worth with all the mods at £26K to a more realistic £20K in the end) and the more you can get your car to be what people expect it to be the more chance you will have of selling for what its worth.

Hope that helps mate and good luck with your sale.

Richy
Old 18 March 2013, 05:03 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Hi Richy,
thanks for the points.
I really don't want to sell but I think it is the best thing to do now th misses is expecting our third nipper.

I have had little interest but I am not all that disappointed

I am going to rewrite the ad at some point and stick to the asking proce.

I did have a guy offer me £10,750 but I thought it was too low an offer so I declined.
Old 23 March 2013, 01:43 PM
dark_angel
Scooby Regular

Hiya

We just met up at Ace this morning - the car looks and sounds fab - I wish i had 12k !!

Good luck with the sale.

Andy
Old 24 March 2013, 02:41 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Nice one Andy,
It is very kind of you to say so.

Good to catch up with you at Ace Performance Cars.