Notices

Rust on rear arches?

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2011, 10:30 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rust on rear arches?

Evening all I posted a few weeks ago that my rear arches on my scooby had started to bubble and rust. Well I finally went to see someone about this today after a recommendation from a person who comes in my coffee shop. spoke to the guy today and he was sound gave me a good quote for fixing the rust on the arches and also for a full repaint. Very happy with the price got a good feel about the place aswell and looked at some of his work and it is quality so my car will be going there when the funds allow.
Old 16 March 2011, 10:49 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where you having it done and how much?, if you dont mind us knowing.
Old 16 March 2011, 11:28 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Jarv,

I got mine done recently. I had the blistering done both sides but had the bumper, boot lid and Spoiler. He said it had been done before but was never treated properly, hence it came back.

Cost £500 cash in hand. Proper garage, got his card if anyone else near Cardiff is interested. He's done other stuff for me, a few friends have use him and I'll be going back soon for the front bumper and splitter.

Gonzo, also curious, how much?

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 16 March 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 17 March 2011, 10:24 AM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awl in plasmarl Swansea on beaufort road. The guy was sound showed me pics of all the work he has done and also the BMW he has got is mint he has sprayed it pearl White with a black roof and it looks awesome. Quoted me £480 for the rust on both arches and that includes getting the doors blown in aswell but I will be having a full repaint done which he quoted me £1200. If any of you go there say Craig with the silver classic recommended you.
Old 17 March 2011, 05:54 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Jarv,

I got mine done recently. I had the blistering done both sides but had the bumper, boot lid and Spoiler. He said it had been done before but was never treated properly, hence it came back.

Cost £500 cash in hand. Proper garage, got his card if anyone else near Cardiff is interested. He's done other stuff for me, a few friends have use him and I'll be going back soon for the front bumper and splitter.

Gonzo, also curious, how much?
I know Ian, cracking price fair play, i'll be doing quality control on it next time she's out.

Last edited by Black-Hawk; 17 March 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 17 March 2011, 05:55 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GONZO01
Awl in plasmarl Swansea on beaufort road. The guy was sound showed me pics of all the work he has done and also the BMW he has got is mint he has sprayed it pearl White with a black roof and it looks awesome. Quoted me £480 for the rust on both arches and that includes getting the doors blown in aswell but I will be having a full repaint done which he quoted me £1200. If any of you go there say Craig with the silver classic recommended you.
That is a very good price and he wont be making much on the job, look forward to seeing the results.