Notices

Does anyone have a high res image of the SWS logo?

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2010, 09:45 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a high res image of the SWS logo?

As the title says. I am creating a SWS flyer for Claire but I need a better quality copy of the SWS logo.

Thanks Rich.
Old 15 July 2010, 10:11 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Red will have them as he has done some of the decals recently, but I've got some which I should be able to dig out as well.... message me your e mail addy and I'll have a look when I get home from work tomorrow.
Old 15 July 2010, 10:48 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Thanks but I think I have it sorted now. Just going to drop the final copy to Claire and see if she likes it.
Old 18 July 2010, 02:56 PM
blueg14rep
Scooby Regular

I love it, It's exactly what we need to spread the word and get people to come to the meets!

Well done!
Old 18 July 2010, 03:26 PM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

Well.

Let's see it then???
Old 18 July 2010, 03:46 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Glad you like it. I will get a few copies run off, and get them to you.
Old 18 July 2010, 04:10 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Any stickers going?? lol.

Any pics of them??
Old 18 July 2010, 06:46 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Old 18 July 2010, 06:47 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob WRX
Any stickers going?? lol.

Any pics of them??
I have 2 external stickers here if you want them, can't remember how much they cost though
Old 18 July 2010, 06:49 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by redwards
I have 2 external stickers here if you want them, can't remember how much they cost though
They look like the pic above or the logo on the pic??
Old 18 July 2010, 06:57 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Here's a pic on my car

Old 18 July 2010, 06:57 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

The top bit Mate, the SWS in the ouline of the Scoob
Old 18 July 2010, 06:58 PM
Rally fan 555
Scooby Regular

Old 18 July 2010, 07:14 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

don't think you will get anymore than already go to the meets as i know lots of people that know about the meets and visit scoobynet on a reg but can't be bothered with the whole club and meet thing and just use the site for info etc...

if anyone also wants to do jumper/ t shirts they are welcome to do so as i have given up on the whole club / subaru meets now

even de stickered the car lol

not for me anymore
Old 18 July 2010, 07:55 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

A good job by Claire and Richard.

I enjoy the meets personally as it gives me a chance to catch up with other members, have a good chat and have a meal with them (the Cardiff meet anyway).

Often at the Swansea meet we will go for a drive over the Mumbles/Gower or as has happened before over the Black Mountains.

Plus the recent run that I organised, was I hope enjoyed by all but unless everyone makes a contribution and puts some effort in then things will stagnate. If you have an idea put it forward and start the ball rolling.

As in the rest of life you only get out what you are prepared to put in...

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 18 July 2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 18 July 2010, 08:39 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

don't get me wrong ty I'm all for the runs and adventures but for meeting @ the same place and days all the time and doing the same thing over the years it gets boring , i have made many friends over the years and will still do runs and events and will catch up that way and I'm looking forward to our next run out or even a track day etc... but as for club i choose not to be apart of one as to me its not a club in my eyes

how about a meet at ogmore by sea ( photo shoot opp ) or neath ? or somewhere other than cardiff or swansea ? just an idea as it's a long way for alot of people to travel to swansea or cardiff every meet and petrol cost

maybe there should be a thread to see if some different places for meets can be thought of then do them now and again not all the time just for a change

but know most don't like change lol so there is no winning really, we live in a great place with great veiws and great roads etc and all we can do is meet at the same place a car park in the summer lol
Old 18 July 2010, 08:59 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Some very good points raised there Lee.

It would be nice to take the meets out to different locations and as you say give some opportunities for photo shoots.

Like I said in the earlier post unless things move forward then things will stagnate. Perhaps some runs out to the Beacons, Gower, Ogmore etc would make a welcome change?
Old 18 July 2010, 09:21 PM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

I'm up for a blast/photoshoot down ogmore
Old 18 July 2010, 09:29 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by redwards
Here's a pic on my car

Looks sweet, I`ll have 2. Let me know how much they are Rich and I`ll drop it down to you.

When this car is on the road I WILL be at a fair few meets, can also sort ome joint meets as I`m still South Wales Area Rep for VVOC.COM (Vectra Owners).
Old 18 July 2010, 09:30 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Some very good points raised there Lee.

It would be nice to take the meets out to different locations and as you say give some opportunities for photo shoots.

Like I said in the earlier post unless things move forward then things will stagnate. Perhaps some runs out to the Beacons, Gower, Ogmore etc would make a welcome change?
have you noticed there are less people that attend the meets now even cardiff as some can't make a wednesday night and some are more than likley just board of the same thing all the time

there is no meet day change anymore like there use too be plus some of the older members of the club only like to meet at cardiff and you never see them travel to swansea like some of us have to show effort for the club

out of all the people that attend cardiff meet not many make effort to come to swansea so it's abit one sided me thinks thats one reason another club was made and this is one reason i have lost intrest as there are only few that do like other things than just meet in a car park

plus i never spent all the money on my car for it to sit in one either

more runs and venues is the order of the day
Old 18 July 2010, 09:55 PM
notfub
Scooby Regular

I work away during the week and have a v.early start on a Monday morning (5am) so don't get to as many meets as i'd like. Saying that, I've met some cracking people at Swansea and will continue to support the meets.

I enjoyed the rolling road day organised by Calvin Looking forward to the SWS RallyDay outing, thanks Matt

Perhaps we need to get a better idea of where people are geographically. I'd like a Sunday spin down west or up into the Valleys etc. Perhaps a few different locations may bring people out of the woodwork?

What about rallyGB for instance? Free shakedown in Margam perhaps?

Last edited by notfub; 18 July 2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 18 July 2010, 10:30 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by notfub
I work away during the week and have a v.early start on a Monday morning (5am) so don't get to as many meets as i'd like. Saying that, I've met some cracking people at Swansea and will continue to support the meets.

I enjoyed the rolling road day organised by Calvin Looking forward to the SWS RallyDay outing, thanks Matt

Perhaps we need to get a better idea of where people are geographically. I'd like a Sunday spin down west or up into the Valleys etc. Perhaps a few different locations may bring people out of the wookwork?

RallyGB is a really good idea, as many of us go but not as a group.

For the time being I'm happy going to the same old Cardiff gate so I can drool over Pippyrips GTR. I'm determined not to go in it as I'll end up wanting to buy one.
Old 19 July 2010, 09:43 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
have you noticed there are less people that attend the meets now even cardiff as some can't make a wednesday night and some are more than likley just board of the same thing all the time

there is no meet day change anymore like there use too be plus some of the older members of the club only like to meet at cardiff and you never see them travel to swansea like some of us have to show effort for the club

out of all the people that attend cardiff meet not many make effort to come to swansea so it's abit one sided me thinks thats one reason another club was made and this is one reason i have lost intrest as there are only few that do like other things than just meet in a car park

plus i never spent all the money on my car for it to sit in one either

more runs and venues is the order of the day
Personally I agree with you Lee, a change of venue and days would be good as a change is as good as a rest.

I know what you mean about some of the regular meet attendees no longer coming, it is a real shame that they seem to have drifted away perhaps a change of days and venues might just entice them back.

Originally Posted by notfub

Perhaps we need to get a better idea of where people are geographically. I'd like a Sunday spin down west or up into the Valleys etc. Perhaps a few different locations may bring people out of the woodwork?

Dean, I think the idea of meeting up at Rally GB is an excellent idea - after all that is what Impreza's were made for.

Some drives down to West Wales etc would be nice since we have the 'fine' weather and longer daylight hours at the moment.
Old 19 July 2010, 01:53 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

don't get me wrong ty I'm all for the runs and adventures but for meeting @ the same place and days all the time and doing the same thing over the years it gets boring , i have made many friends over the years and will still do runs and events and will catch up that way and I'm looking forward to our next run out or even a track day etc... but as for club i choose not to be apart of one as to me its not a club in my eyes

how about a meet at ogmore by sea ( photo shoot opp ) or neath ? or somewhere other than cardiff or swansea ? just an idea as it's a long way for alot of people to travel to swansea or cardiff every meet and petrol cost

maybe there should be a thread to see if some different places for meets can be thought of then do them now and again not all the time just for a change

but know most don't like change lol so there is no winning really, we live in a great place with great veiws and great roads etc and all we can do is meet at the same place a car park in the summer lol
Know where you are coming from Lee oldboy! I dont attend many of the monthly meets myself these days, although i have been to both. For me its a matter of time and money these days, its a 55-60 mile round trip in either direction.

Some of what you are saying brings back my first meet in Cardiff actually. Turned up and wandered around like a plum because i didnt know who to talk to first but met some great lads, and ladets, at that first meet but did leave a little disapointed. The reason for this is that i was expecting there to be a little run and never having been on a run at any point in my driving life before I was very excited.

I have attended many meets since though knowing what they are all about and i have enjoyed it, but as cash and time is limited these days the Toby lacks the pull factor for me. If it was at different spots in the summer with a little run at say 9 for an hour i would probably make more effort and eat more beans on toast on the meet weeks

That said, i havn't been on any runs this year so far either!! That will change now though with new boots and fresh oil in her, bring on the next one Ty!!!!!
Old 19 July 2010, 04:46 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Yeah agree with a lot said above, I know from other clubs that car park meets don`t really appeal, also that in the present climate once a month you`ll get die hard and occasional people.
As they say variety is the spice of life lol.

I know the EVO boys park up the Rhygos, where I`ve been for meets.

Also planning on doing the A470 run from Cardiff to Llandudno, as that is supposed to be one hell of a road.
Old 19 July 2010, 05:53 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstly, what club? No one pays any subs we have no membership as such SWS is just a name.
Secondly if ANYONE wants to organise anything at all then crack on what's to stop you? It's all very well moaning about what some of us here are doing I'd suggest doing something about it if it's not good enough!!
Thirdly, forthcoming events include Cardiff and Swansea meets, Elan dams meet, piston heads meet, camping weekend at the pod, R Burns prodrive day,rallyday, trax, and performance show at Pembrey so quite varied I'd suggest.

No one here has ever been told what or what not to do as far as I know.

Last edited by KJD Mk1; 19 July 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Added more events!!
Old 19 July 2010, 08:51 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Kev, I do agree that if anyone wants to suggest a possible run, event to attend etc then they can easily post up their suggestion and start the ball rolling.

I am sure then that other people can then help organise and co-ordinate the suggestion.

I have another two possible things in the pipeline:

A run up to North Wales with an overnight stay or a night time drive back which is good with virtually no traffic about. This is a run around the Evo test route known as the 'Evo Triangle' plus some other spectacular roads. Those staying overnight can then perhaps go for a trip to Demon Tweeks or something similar the next day. I did this last summer with Steve001 who is from Chester and RichyB and some other members of MWS, this was a night to remember. Nearly forgot about Rich (redwards) he was there as well.

And the other is another track day at Llandow race circuit probably in October but this will involve a lot more planning to get organised, so if anyone wants to help out...

I think though it would be nice to vary the meets and to incorporate a local run into the meet at the same time.

I suppose the easiest way to class South Wales Scooby's is 'a group of like minded enthusiasts'.

Some people might only go to a Cardiff Toby meet but others might prefer a meet with a run incorporated on a weekend, so anyone with an idea put it forward...
Old 19 July 2010, 09:09 PM
redwards
Scooby Regular

Count me in for for the EVO triangle run again, (perhaps we can sqeeze in the the twin lakes again).

As long as people keep turning up to these events, then it is worth the effort.
Old 19 July 2010, 09:15 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1
Firstly, what club? No one pays any subs we have no membership as such SWS is just a name.
Secondly if ANYONE wants to organise anything at all then crack on what's to stop you? It's all very well moaning about what some of us here are doing I'd suggest doing something about it if it's not good enough!!
Thirdly, forthcoming events include Cardiff and Swansea meets, Elan dams meet, piston heads meet, camping weekend at the pod, R Burns prodrive day,rallyday, trax, and performance show at Pembrey so quite varied I'd suggest.

No one here has ever been told what or what not to do as far as I know.
thats what i said in post above i said it's not a club in my eye's as some seem to think thats why i have no stickers etc.. on my car anymore giving the impression that there is plus im just putting my point across that alot do not attend the meets in cardiff / swansea as it's just the same old thing with no change in venue or days/ times

i know you go to big events but what about attending things like local runs and the local meets like swansea etc?? just to show some support to what ty and calvin trying to arrange as they come to meets that you arrange in cardiff ? plus we can't all afford to go to the big events etc...

this is why all this has been brought up as people are starting to do something about it!!!!and are trying to suggest different meet points and local runs to get more people envolved and hopfully have a good time and thinking of others
Old 19 July 2010, 09:38 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what i said in post above i said it's not a club in my eye's as some seem to think thats why i have no stickers etc.. on my car anymore giving the impression that there is plus im just putting my point across that alot do not attend the meets in cardiff / swansea as it's just the same old thing with no change in venue or days/ times

i know you go to big events but what about attending things like local runs and the local meets like swansea etc?? just to show some support to what ty and calvin trying to arrange as they come to meets that you arrange in cardiff ? plus we can't all afford to go to the big events etc...

this is why all this has been brought up as people are starting to do something about it!!!!and are trying to suggest different meet points and local runs to get more people envolved and hopfully have a good time and thinking of others
Now we are getting to the bottom of things, your now telling me that as I do not go to the Swansea meets I don't support the club.
questioning my support of this club is a fecking cheek Imo
I've put my **** on a block more than once and that's the thanks I get
As your full of ideas and inspration I suggest you step forward and take it on old mate I'm more than happy to take a back seat.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a high res image of the SWS logo?