Notices

Any rolling Road days planned

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2009, 02:33 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any rolling Road days planned

Just wondering if there are any plans afoot for a rolling road day.
After spending the last few weeks tweeking the map on my car I would like to see what my efforts have produced.

If there is one planned, probably 3-4 cars could be included for me.
Old 25 August 2009, 03:27 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

im up for one.
Old 25 August 2009, 08:44 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DAZZY J
Just wondering if there are any plans afoot for a rolling road day.
After spending the last few weeks tweeking the map on my car I would like to see what my efforts have produced.

If there is one planned, probably 3-4 cars could be included for me.
do you know what it was running before with a print out and graph that you can conpare the difference ?? and to really see your efforts use the same rolling road
Old 25 August 2009, 09:14 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
do you know what it was running before with a print out and graph that you can conpare the difference ?? and to really see your efforts use the same rolling road
No, but it feels much, much quicker than when I bought it.
It would have been 320 or less, as it was a standard FQ320.
I am expecting 380 or more now.
Old 25 August 2009, 10:03 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

No, but it feels much, much quicker than when I bought it.
It would have been 320 or less, as it was a standard FQ320.
I am expecting 380 or more now.
have you just mapped it standard or added some modz too it aswell daz??
Old 25 August 2009, 10:27 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

Couple of mods, usual fuel pump, decat, downpipe, HKS induction. Also Gizzmo boost controller. Started with an FQ360 map and tweeked from there.
Peaking at 1.85 bar. Holding about 1.65 till red line in 4th and 5th, Holding 1.7 in 6th. Boost all in by 3500rpm. The last couple of tweeks really made a difference. Probably won't go much further for a while, but there is still room for some more. Some guys have run 2bar on a IX evo, I'd rather keep it a bit safer. It's been great learning about it and puting into practice. Most questions are answered on Geekmapped.co.uk. Awesome site, download maps and all sorts.
Old 25 August 2009, 10:36 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

Make that geekmapped.com not co.uk

Trending Topics

Old 25 August 2009, 11:05 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

well done for giving it ago daz i hope you get a good result from it, i will be interested to see how it goes so keep use posted fella
Old 25 August 2009, 11:11 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

When are you looking to get a rolling road session done?

I am really interested but I have a new turbocharger and injectors to get fitted first and then to get the car up to Bob Rawle for a remap, so I am guessing about 4-6 weeks by the time I can get a slot with Bob.

I suppose the closest 4 wheel drive rolling road is Powerstation in Tewkesbury and unless anyone knows of a closer RR.
Old 25 August 2009, 11:27 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Couple of mods, usual fuel pump, decat, downpipe, HKS induction. Also Gizzmo boost controller. Started with an FQ360 map and tweeked from there.
Peaking at 1.85 bar. Holding about 1.65 till red line in 4th and 5th, Holding 1.7 in 6th. Boost all in by 3500rpm. The last couple of tweeks really made a difference. Probably won't go much further for a while, but there is still room for some more. Some guys have run 2bar on a IX evo, I'd rather keep it a bit safer. It's been great learning about it and puting into practice. Most questions are answered on Geekmapped.co.uk. Awesome site, download maps and all sorts.
I know the MIVEC IX head has a very good flow pattern especially over earlier Mitsubishi cylinder heads, but is there any audible detonation at 1.85 bar and have you desensitised the knock signal by reflashing the ECU?. I'd expect you could gain an extra 20 bhp by fitting a set of longer duration cams to make better use of the IX turbo and increase the power band.
Old 25 August 2009, 11:41 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
When are you looking to get a rolling road session done?

I am really interested but I have a new turbocharger and injectors to get fitted first and then to get the car up to Bob Rawle for a remap, so I am guessing about 4-6 weeks by the time I can get a slot with Bob.

I suppose the closest 4 wheel drive rolling road is Powerstation in Tewkesbury and unless anyone knows of a closer RR.
Ajec racing in Staverton, Gloucestershire have a Dyno Dynamics 4 wheel rolling road. So power figures should read higher than Powerstaion or any other tuners runing Dastek rollers. So no one should leave disappointed with their cars performance.

Last edited by bluerigster; 25 August 2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 26 August 2009, 01:05 AM
ryan33hks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluerigster
So no one should leave disappointed with their cars performance.
Trust me, id be dissapointed after putting mine on the rollers After all it is only 200 bhp.
Old 26 August 2009, 08:23 AM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

I know the MIVEC IX head has a very good flow pattern especially over earlier Mitsubishi cylinder heads, but is there any audible detonation at 1.85 bar and have you desensitised the knock signal by reflashing the ECU?. I'd expect you could gain an extra 20 bhp by fitting a set of longer duration cams to make better use of the IX turbo and increase the power band.
No Audible knock at all, only get a rare knock of 3 on evoscan, audible knock does'nt start until around 5. If I were to get a knock of 6, interpollation with the low octane map starts. I,ve reflashed the ecu about 20 times at least so far. There are people running up to 500BHP with the standard head and cams, so i've got a bit to go yet. Some are running over 2bar on the TT S205 conversion.
Old 26 August 2009, 10:42 AM
scandinavian flick
Scooby Regular

DJ If my cooler & new tuby are on i'm in..

The limits of the stock ECU are ever expanding as you are aware. A Melon tuned car on a stock ECU & MAS has brocken into the 700 whp area.

See link..

YouTube - Mellon Tuning EVO 700awhp e85 38psi Dyno 8 22 09

Cheers

J

Geekmapped ;-)
Old 26 August 2009, 12:42 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

what about the clutch and gerarbox ?? how much will it take before it goes ?? and how reliable will the engine be ???
Old 26 August 2009, 02:04 PM
DAZZY J
Scooby Regular

what about the clutch and gerarbox ?? how much will it take before it goes ?? and how reliable will the engine be ???
Gearbox is not an issue at 400. Clutch depends on how you drive it. If your launching it, then not long. Apparently 2 of the early developers have been driving 400bhp cars around since 1999 with no issues.
Old 26 August 2009, 04:54 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

The standard clutch is capable of handling 450+ Ib/ft if not abused with standing launches etc. As for the gearbox there just as strong as Sti 6 speeds so 700 Ib/ft with correct oil change intervals. The standard engine has been know to run 500 bhp with standard internals but most tuners advise to change the conrods if looking towards running a bigger turbo than standard. This was due conrod failures on the Evo 7 at + 400 bhp, but the conrod designs have changed since so limitations of the current IX rods are unknow but the pistons are good for 550 bhp.
Old 26 August 2009, 09:31 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Gearbox is not an issue at 400. Clutch depends on how you drive it. If your launching it, then not long. Apparently 2 of the early developers have been driving 400bhp cars around since 1999 with no issues.
The standard clutch is capable of handling 450+ Ib/ft if not abused with standing launches etc. As for the gearbox there just as strong as Sti 6 speeds so 700 Ib/ft with correct oil change intervals. The standard engine has been know to run 500 bhp with standard internals but most tuners advise to change the conrods if looking towards running a bigger turbo than standard. This was due conrod failures on the Evo 7 at + 400 bhp, but the conrod designs have changed since so limitations of the current IX rods are unknow but the pistons are good for 550 bhp.