Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eddscot

your car looks lovley shame you have to sell just dont sell it to a chav
Old 03 July 2009, 07:13 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I know. I could do with the dosh for the business and to be honest I wish I'd kept my Jeep as it was much more practicle than my old Golf is for day to day stuff. I wouldn't mind getting shot of the golf too but its not worth much if anything. I've already started looking for another Jeep but I want a 4L on LPG - Pelcombe garage is 46p a litre

I noticed this morning, you got a seperate fog light for the STI rear lights. If you hold the UK light and STI light next to each other you can see where the fog goes in the UK light so just drill a hole in the STI light. I used a tank cutter for the lights on my old car.

Last edited by EddScott; 03 July 2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03 July 2009, 07:33 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

good idea on the fog light ill be taking mine of after the mot
Old 03 July 2009, 09:26 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

ive yet to see edds car out and about yet i hope to before its sold,i see amegos car all the time, still looking good mate are you keeping her now or do you still fancy a change?
Old 04 July 2009, 09:41 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

I hardly ever use it which doesn't help. I won't use it in the rain, I don't like using it when its very hot. The school run is dicey so as Amego does the car stays well away from the "sharp end" and at my work I don't trust anyone not to smack the doors together. When I had the Jeep I could park it anywhere and drive it anywhere without really giving a monkeys if it picks up a scratch or a dent. The only downside was the economy which was alarming at best

I'm not prepared to take too much of hit on selling it so if it doesn't go I'll keep it in the garage as its not costing me anything sat there. Theres just other things I want to do with the money tied up in it - wifes business, the house etc etc.
Old 04 July 2009, 10:45 AM
amego
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gtijames
ive yet to see edds car out and about yet i hope to before its sold,i see amegos car all the time, still looking good mate are you keeping her now or do you still fancy a change?
do fancy a change but havent come across anything test drove an audi a4 tdi on an 06 plate just couldent bring myself to part with my car after driving the audi i have decided that i wont be going for a normal car just have to be another subaru
Old 04 July 2009, 05:50 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

im the same with my car,if theres any risk of damage,then the impreza stays at home and the disastra estate goes instead.thats why its only done about 3 thousand miles this year,at least when you use it infrequently it always feels special when you fire her up.an audi diesel is a big change for you amego im not suprised you couldnt bring you self to do it.

Trending Topics

Old 04 July 2009, 09:40 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

My mother has an A4 TDI and its a bit souless. We looked at the A4 TDI or a BMW 320D Sport. The BMW was a much nicer drivers car. I put it simply the A4 drove you, you drove the 320. We went for the Audi as it was the most comfortable for her.

I wouldn't mind a 330D Sport Touring. I drove an S4 Avant a while back and it was very quick but they cost silly money to insure and some of the repair bills can be frightening - you have to remove pretty much the whole front of the car to change the belt!

I even drove a Lancia Integrale a while back which I've always really liked but I hated it.

I still think a black prodrive bugeye STI is a performance bargain. Personally I think I fancy something a bit more refined - my old Jeep was like a big american armchair. We go up to Yorkshire quite a lot and fed up taking the wifes Leon - hence the 330D touring idea or an Audi allroad but they are quite expensive.
Old 04 July 2009, 09:51 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

my mate went to try out an audi think it was an 07 plate s3 the other day it had 40k miles on it and was owned by je lawrences from clarby road so had problably had a hard life,even with that high milage they still wanted £20k for it audis seem to be an expensive 2nd hand buy.still fancy a gene hunt style quattro,theres one quitely dying in a car park in milford sometimes if feel like finding out who owns it and rescuing it from the scrap yard.

Last edited by gtijames; 04 July 2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05 July 2009, 09:56 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

I've seen that Quattro - needs saving for sure.

When we went to pickup my Jeep there was a red mint quattro next door to the house we were clearing on the way. It really was special.

I know what you mean by Audis being expensive. It surprises me how much people will pay for the old S3s. Its dash is exactly the same as my wifes Leon, the engine is VAGs much used and hardly rare 1.8T lump and the 4WD isn't full time.
Old 05 July 2009, 11:38 AM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

i suppose audi are looked upon as a prestige product with a certain snob value for some,nice cars but as you say abit souless unless you get an rs4,my mate is always telling me to get rid of my scooby and get a audi diesel as im a family man blah,blah,blah.i hate the smell of diesel its the devils ****.
Old 19 July 2009, 05:57 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Well, my scoob went yesterday to its new owner. Got to hand it to his commitment coming from Sheffield! He seemed happy anyway. To be honest I'm not that bothered. I was devastated when the old one went but I'm happier to have a big pile of notes in front of me.

Not sure where to go now. Wifes backed off a little on the business idea. I've got a builder coming tomorrow to give me an idea of how much its going to cost to convert our loft into a room (for my trains ) and the car money will at least make a bit of a dent in the build costs.

If it goes on a car it will be a BMW. I've emailed a couple of pistonheads adverts and top of the list is an E46 330i sport touring.