Notices

has anyone used these?

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2009, 12:08 AM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default has anyone used these?

My discs and pads are near the end of their life so i have been looking for a cheap set and came across these:
SUBARU IMPREZA STI DRILLED BRAKE DISCS MINTEX PADS 01- on eBay, also Brake Components, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-Jul-09 22:11:10 BST)

Also, i am after a fitting guide for the discs and pads and how to adjust the handbrake if anyone has a link or advice.

I know the discs may be no better than standard parts, but im not really looking for a performance increase at the minute, just a set that meets or beats standard parts and suits my budget for now.
Opinions welcome,
Ian
Old 15 June 2009, 07:12 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pretty sure thats the company i bought the disc's from that i've been using on my classic, and tbh I cant fault them. They are no worse than the OEM disc's probably a little better under heavy breaking. I've not had a problem with them anyway. Think I only paid about 140-150 though. Hope this helps.

Old 15 June 2009, 08:13 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Ye, £140-£150 is about what they are asking for classic discs. All i am after is something as good as the OEM discs/pads so if they are the ones you are using it sounds like i could be on to a good thing
Old 15 June 2009, 09:44 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

Yeh they are at least as good as the OEM parts mate, and that was using cheap pads. Im pretty sure the discs are supplied to them from the company 'Brake Engineering' and for some reason I think TurboDean mentioned them a couple of years ago when I was looking for the discs.
Old 16 June 2009, 12:01 AM
RED2
Scooby Regular

fitting them is real easy mate, talk to you on wednesday
Old 16 June 2009, 11:20 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Cheers Ellis!

I have also spoken to the supplier and he sounds like he knows his stuff and has given me some other options.
Has anyone heard of "Allied Nipon" pads? He says they are the next thing up from the mintex pads in terms of performance and budget or should i just stick with what i know?
He also suggested yellow stuff pads. I have heard some good things about these, but what do you lot think?