Notices

Fitting Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2008, 11:16 AM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Tyres

Anyone recommend a place in Cardiff? I have 2 front tyres i need fitting (225/45/17)

Ive read about places like A&A Tyre Service and Atlas but both want to charge £20 + vat per tyre

Now im not being funny but thats quite expensive to me, i know they try to get you to buy tyres from them so price up these kind of things but come on.

None of them can get near price for the tyres so having to order in but surely there are some places that dont take the mickey to fit 2 new tyres?
Old 16 June 2008, 11:31 AM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy_wrxsti
Anyone recommend a place in Cardiff? I have 2 front tyres i need fitting (225/45/17)

Ive read about places like A&A Tyre Service and Atlas but both want to charge £20 + vat per tyre

Now im not being funny but thats quite expensive to me, i know they try to get you to buy tyres from them so price up these kind of things but come on.

None of them can get near price for the tyres so having to order in but surely there are some places that dont take the mickey to fit 2 new tyres?
I thought that was a bit steep as well but Atlas won't nadge up your alloys when fitting them like the scrot at Kwik Fit will.

Ian "Blue I change my cars more than my pants Dragoon" used Garth Tyres for his tyres recently. Maybe they can give you a better price on just fitting. Just north of Cardiff near Taffs Well.

I think its cheaper to just get them done where you buy them now as they are picing this out of being worth doing and I think Black Circles and the like know this and drop the price more so people buy there as they are cheaper then find that it costs more to get them fitted than it would in the first place.

Good luck.
Old 16 June 2008, 12:21 PM
dandruffe
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't use Atlas again .......