Notices

HELP ME PLEASE SCOOBY PALLS

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2008, 06:02 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face HELP ME PLEASE SCOOBY PALLS

hay people this is the link to the chip i bought off ebay any body used this chip before im in a tricky position. now ive bought it im not sure if i should risk using it, are they really that dangerous that it could kill my scooby.or would it be alright to try it and see what happens even if i only try it for a short time. im bricking it now

Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Mod Chip on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 26-May-08 07:32:00 BST)
Old 16 May 2008, 06:25 PM
GreigRFC
Scooby Regular

Alright mate,

Best thing to do is check the sellers history for positive feedback from buyers that bought the chip. They should have said whether or not it worked. Ive had a look at the feedback and it seems to be pretty good. Other than that hopefully someone on scoobynet will be able to tell you from personal experience.

All the best
Old 16 May 2008, 06:35 PM
fatty86
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GreigRFC
Alright mate,

Best thing to do is check the sellers history for positive feedback from buyers that bought the chip. They should have said whether or not it worked. Ive had a look at the feedback and it seems to be pretty good. Other than that hopefully someone on scoobynet will be able to tell you from personal experience.

All the best
Cheers fella i did check feedback and from what i can see its all good.its just a few of the lads on scooby net said to steer well clear coz it could f*#k my engine up
beaut scoob by the way
Old 16 May 2008, 06:41 PM
GreigRFC
Scooby Regular

Yeah it is always gonna be a bit of a gamble getting stuff from ebay. It is a tough situation that you're in. Personally I wouldn't do it, even if it did seem ok after fitting, I just wouldn't want the constant worry that it could go wrong at any time when driving. Its a minted car that youve got and would be a crying shame if the chip wrecked it, all just for a little bit more power.
Old 16 May 2008, 06:51 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For piece of mind, I would go for an esl chip instead of the one in the above link, if your on a tight budget. The esl chip has a proven track record. The one in the link looks tempting, but without some kind of background history. It could end in tears.

Below is some links to give you an idea on options and prices.

Products
Enduring Solutions Limited
AndyForrestPerformance
www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 16 May 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 16 May 2008, 07:38 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fatty86
hay people this is the link to the chip i bought off ebay any body used this chip before im in a tricky position. now ive bought it im not sure if i should risk using it, are they really that dangerous that it could kill my scooby.or would it be alright to try it and see what happens even if i only try it for a short time. im bricking it now

Genuine Subaru Impreza ECU Performance Mod Chip on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 26-May-08 07:32:00 BST)
put it this way i wouldnt put a chip on a subaru, only way is a re map and im sure most people will tell you the same
Old 16 May 2008, 09:17 PM
wrx,sti
Scooby Regular

remap is the way forward