Notices

Selling my twin-turbo Legacy B4 RSK

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2007, 09:44 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my twin-turbo Legacy B4 RSK

It's time to sell my car, which I have owned since 2004. My finances aren't as good as they used to be so I can no-longer insure the car. Pictures at the bottom of the post.

Standard specs:

Sequential twin-turbo, 260bhp
4spd semi-automatic gearbox with Power (sport) and Snow modes
Permanent AWD, 65/35 split favouring the rear wheels.
0-60 in under 8 seconds - This is actually achievable since it's an auto
HID headlights
OEM Billstein suspension (designed by Porsche)
OEM tinted glass, ie smoked glass, not crappy film.
OEM rear spoiler with high level LED brake light
OEM sideskirts
OEM 17" wheels (same design as the WRX only silver)
OEM roof bars included in sale
Electric folding mirrors
Electric front drivers seat
Airbags, standard Subaru safety (ie. bloody good)
Aircon w/ climate control
Violet Blue Mica is a rare colour, looks purple or blue depending on the light, pictures really don't do it justice
Triple DIN radio mount - ideal for big audio or car PC projects
4 woofers, 4 tweeters - When connected via an external amp these stock speakers sound really good
4 cup holders as standard

This is quite possibly the ultimate stealth car, there is nothing to give away that it is a Subaru, most people think it is an Audi or a Lexus. It has insanely good low-down power thanks to the sequential twin turbos, meaning it can out accelerate much higher spec cars (eg. the STI) if you are into that. Of course the WRX STI has more top-end power and a higher top speed, but if you want to keep your licence you will find this car much more fun. The suspension provides the best combination of comfort, feel and handling in any car I have driven, you can feel the road surface but the harsh bumps are filtered out. I have a bad back and can drive this car for 8 hours a day with no problems. Despite this it still handles superbly

Condition:

Tax: 31/03/08
MOT: November 07
Wheels: Some curbing, nothing major, locking nuts fitted.
Tyres: 4x Goodyear Eagle F1 GST3, lots of tread left
Bodywork: Scuff on rear bumper corner, a couple of scratches and stonechips
Mileage: 89K
Servicing: Serviced every 7500 miles by either ScoobyClinic (Chesterfield), DSA (Aylesbury, formerly G-Force motorsport) or ACE Motorsport (Newbridge)
Next Service due: 95K
Usage: Mainly motorway. I am a field engineer covering the entire UK, so high miles but low stress.

Modifications:

WRX front brake conversion* - bigger discs, 4pots instead of 2pot sliding callipers, less pad wear, less likely to warp the discs, better heat dissipation etc.
Hayward & Scott backbox* - looks standard, sounds nicer, supposedly adds a bit of power, stainless
Rear fog light re-located to RHS reverse light (not shown in pictures)
JDM numberplates (not shown in pictures) - These ARE legal on this car since it's an import!
Clear side repeaters with LED bulbs - No trace of orange anywhere (seriously, orange on purple looks horrible)
Whiteline rear droplinks - rose jointed, much better than the stock plastic ones.
Knocklink - Modified to be an inconspicuous row of 5 LEDs at the bottom of the instrument cluster, rather than a hideous black box.
* - You will have to notify your insurance of these two mods, they did not increase mine though

Security

Clifford Concept 650P - Thatcham cat1 alarm/immobiliser, insurance certificate available
Sempal Pro-Active tracker - Thatcham Q listed, insurance certificate available (you will have to subscribe to this service however)

Audio
UK spec single DIN CD/Radio
Single DIN storage pocket
Optional: JDM spec double DIN CD/Radio/Casette - You will need to obtain a waveband expander to make the radio work, they cost about a tenner
Both radios will be supplied with the car. I can fit whichever unit you prefer.

Major work carried out:

New engine at 50K miles (including new timing belt!) - This engine has only ever been run on 99 RON or higher, so will have pistons in good shape.
Two new turbos at 51K miles - This is a good thing, means you will not have to replace them!

The bad:

In 2004 the car was rear ended on a roundabout, just a few months after I bought the car.
In 2005 it was rear ended again, this time it was a 5mph shunt in a side street.
In 2006 the car was stolen and driven for 6 miles before running out of fuel
Shortly after that, the car was broken into again, but not sucessfully started

In all cases, the car has been professionally repaired by ScoobyClinic in Chesterfield. It has not exhibited any problems as a result of these incidents, however they have put my insurance up significantly which is why I must now sell the car.

Price: £6500 ONO. I will consider a ****ty runabout with a long MOT in P/X, but no more than £250.
No canvassers, no salesmen, no time wasters, no tyre kickers and no I will not export the car to bloody Nigeria

Pictures:

Click images for large version

(Slightly out of date, car has JDM style number plate and no bolt-on foglight)

(Again, slightly out of date, for same reason as above)

(This pic shows the dimensions of the JDM style number plate currently fitted to the rear)

(The additional two wires from the positive terminal and heading over the washer bottle have been removed)

The front badge.

Poorer quality pictures

These are the official Subaru roof bars and are included in the sale if desired

Picture of the 4pot WRX conversion