Notices

who's the best on remaps tech3

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2006, 08:58 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who's the best on remaps tech3

i'l be sniffing about for a remap soon and just wondering who would be the best for a tech3 remap i believe that pippyrips is interested to
anyone else interested in this
feel free to ad your name and recomendations my ears are wide open
richie
1.vc
2.pippyrips
Old 18 November 2006, 09:39 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

If it's going to be late Jan or Feb time i'd be interested in getting my map checked/tweeked, once i've fitted an Apexi AVCR.
Recomendations would be either Andy Forrest or Bob Rawle, supposed to be the best.
Old 18 November 2006, 09:47 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

this would be a tech3 remap fella and i'm not sure if andy does these

Last edited by valley commando; 18 November 2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 18 November 2006, 11:28 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by valley commando
this would be a tech3 remap fella and i'm not sure if andy does these
Yeap Andy does Ecutek Tek3 remaps, he did my car.
Old 19 November 2006, 12:57 AM
WRXewl
Scooby Regular

Providing i can find a job in time I would be after a remap myself, running on stock PPP map at the mo
Old 19 November 2006, 09:36 AM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Hi fellas, just had my car mapped by the jolly green monster and thought he done a great job, found out my car was running 550 injectors instead of 440 and he also set my avcr up mint, the car is now running at 1.4 bar and and could have gone that bit more but my cluch is on it's way out so we left it at that for now, he even sorted out all my pipe work under the bonnet and gave me stacks of info about my car on mods and where to go next, the map cost me 250 plus his petrol to meet me, i would recomend him to anyone and will be going back to him if i ever want a map again, his car was very impresive too.
Old 19 November 2006, 10:25 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
Hi fellas, just had my car mapped by the jolly green monster and thought he done a great job, found out my car was running 550 injectors instead of 440 and he also set my avcr up mint, the car is now running at 1.4 bar and and could have gone that bit more but my cluch is on it's way out so we left it at that for now, he even sorted out all my pipe work under the bonnet and gave me stacks of info about my car on mods and where to go next, the map cost me 250 plus his petrol to meet me, i would recomend him to anyone and will be going back to him if i ever want a map again, his car was very impresive too.
who is the jolly green monster?!

Trending Topics

Old 19 November 2006, 10:29 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

also just pm'ed Bob Rawle on whether he does 'group buys' on mapping sessions. I'll post his answer up on here when i get it

I belive he has special software that allows him to set different maps for each gear on the jdms

Last edited by pippyrips; 19 November 2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 19 November 2006, 02:14 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pippyrips
also just pm'ed Bob Rawle on whether he does 'group buys' on mapping sessions. I'll post his answer up on here when i get it

I belive he has special software that allows him to set different maps for each gear on the jdms
tidy
does that mean i might be able to get it to do over 175
rob you doing a grand job
Old 19 November 2006, 03:41 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richard bulmer would get my vote
Thank god you cant remap the elise
Old 19 November 2006, 05:24 PM
nickjh
Scooby Regular

il be needing my tech 3 remapped so def count me in if it will be in a month or so i just need to get turbo 1st
Old 20 November 2006, 09:12 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

reply from bob as follows:

Hi, if you have six minimum confirmed with deposits paid (not just maybe's) then yes I can do a group buy at £495 plus vat per car if ecu closed (no licence) or £295 if there is a car with the ecu open (already has a licence), required deposit £150.

cheers

Bob.

Just waiting bob's avalability but will be looing to get these sorted just before/after xmas

Definates list as follows:
1. pippyrips
Old 21 November 2006, 08:55 AM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

reply from bob as follows:

Hi, if you have six minimum confirmed with deposits paid (not just maybe's) then yes I can do a group buy at £495 plus vat per car if ecu closed (no licence) or £295 if there is a car with the ecu open (already has a licence), required deposit £150.

cheers

Bob.

Just waiting bob's avalability but will be looing to get these sorted just before/after xmas

Definates list as follows:
1. pippyrips
further answers from Bob:

This would need to done mid/end january,
best regards

bob

cheers bob,

final question, how many can you do in a day?

Hi, if the cars are relatively straight forward can do four starting at say 08:30 and just working through with no break and finishing then at about 19:00. Not a problem for me to do that as long as I've got a decent base handy to kit up the cars etc prior to the mapping.

best regards

bob

so put your names down!

Last edited by pippyrips; 21 November 2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 21 November 2006, 01:40 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Simon aka Jolly green monster, He is based in swindon and has a very good reputation. I'm forever mailing him for information, he really knows his stuff when in comes to choosing the correct comdinations of modifications for gaining the best possible results. I was originally opting for a Motec M800 ECU until Simon advised me on purchasing a Apexi FC.
Old 21 November 2006, 01:45 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

Sounds a flyer now Lee. Did you alter the fuel pressure to feed them 550cc injectors and if so what is the car like starting in this cold weather?.
Old 21 November 2006, 04:33 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Blimely thats high for a uk car, Mine peaks and holds 1.27 bar, all through 3rd and 4th, is on full boost by 3k RPM and produced 317BHP. sounds like your goner have a fun car once the clutch is sorted, just watch your gearbox, mine lasted 3 weeks after the power hike

What turbo you running???
Old 21 November 2006, 06:07 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

Pat Herborn mapped my old MY99 and mine held 1.3 bar, went well too which richie knows!!
Old 21 November 2006, 06:16 PM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire

Forgive me for sounding stupid but whats all this tech3 malarky ?? Is it similar to what most companys would call stage xx tune up ??

When i bought my car it had tech 3 map by andy forest..but i now thinking of getting it remapped as ive since had a blitz exhaust and front mount fitted
Old 21 November 2006, 10:23 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Biggs
Forgive me for sounding stupid but whats all this tech3 malarky ?? Is it similar to what most companys would call stage xx tune up ??

When i bought my car it had tech 3 map by andy forest..but i now thinking of getting it remapped as ive since had a blitz exhaust and front mount fitted
its software used to map the car. Andy F has a good reputation on here - he may offer a discount to map the car again as he did the work previously. Only thing is he is in bonny scotland.

He recently did a group buy session down here. I will be going to either bob or andy myself dependant on how things pan out here. One way or another i'm sure a group buy will happen again soon
Old 21 November 2006, 10:30 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Andy F charges £200 to map a car he has previously mapped, regardless of what changes have be made to the car since the last map.
Old 21 November 2006, 10:35 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboDean
Andy F charges £200 to map a car he has previously mapped, regardless of what changes have be made to the car since the last map.
you've just got to get him here or go up there. Will he count going over a previous map in future group buys?
Old 22 November 2006, 12:44 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

you've just got to get him here or go up there. Will he count going over a previous map in future group buys?
Not sure if he would give any further discount off the £200 as part of the group buy, but it's already £95 cheap than Bob for people like me who have already used Andy before. I think he charges £300 for a car already mapped by someone else, so £5 more than Bob's group buy price.
It's all a bit to soon for me anyway, i'm looking at late Jan, Feb time at the earliest.

Think Andy's travelling cost were about £40 each last time, wouldn't even consider driving all the way up there it would cost a fortune.
Old 22 November 2006, 06:40 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
Blimely thats high for a uk car, Mine peaks and holds 1.27 bar, all through 3rd and 4th, is on full boost by 3k RPM and produced 317BHP. sounds like your goner have a fun car once the clutch is sorted, just watch your gearbox, mine lasted 3 weeks after the power hike

What turbo you running???
im running a vf 23 turbo, the car holds the boost well too but after driving it for awhile it starts to slip in 4th gear, he said that the gearbox will not last very long too if it boosts any more than it is, just cant wait to get a new clutch now i thought it would'nt last long anyway as it was starting
to judder and it's slipped twice before
any advice on a good clutch and lightend fly wheel (maybe a gearbox too )
Old 22 November 2006, 06:50 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bluerigster
Sounds a flyer now Lee. Did you alter the fuel pressure to feed them 550cc injectors and if so what is the car like starting in this cold weather?.
hi fella i think he did and sorted all my pipe work under the bonnet, as for starting it, its been standing in the garage for a few days now and i think my batterys packed in as it's been recharged so many times last year when it was off the road for a year and was working on it
Old 22 November 2006, 07:08 PM
nickjh
Scooby Regular

hhmmmm??? stupid question i know but i bought my tech3 of another member that had been mapped for same mods as me previosly. As the ecu has already been mapped will it have a licence and be open, and also will this apply only to the company that mapped it

Cheers guys!!
Old 22 November 2006, 07:17 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nickjh
hhmmmm??? stupid question i know but i bought my tech3 of another member that had been mapped for same mods as me previosly. As the ecu has already been mapped will it have a licence and be open, and also will this apply only to the company that mapped it

Cheers guys!!
It will have the license on it, so you can have it remapped for the cheaper price by anyone who has the ECUTEK software. Do you know who mapped it previously.
Old 22 November 2006, 07:32 PM
nickjh
Scooby Regular

yeah is was mapped by Pat at scooby clinic, so count me in on the remap guys
Old 22 November 2006, 09:02 PM
rob79
Scooby Regular

i got a tommy kiara ecu with a m20b sticker on,
dont know weather its got a standard map or if it has been remapped,
andy @ace thinks it may have been remapped, this would have been done in japan by the previous owner and what map it has who knows.
what will that cost to be re-mapped?
Old 23 November 2006, 09:10 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

list for bob rawle remap:

1. pippyrips
Old 23 November 2006, 10:34 PM
valley commando
Scooby Senior

rob ready when you are fella just got in from bonny scotland