Notices

Anyone live in St Mellons Cardiff?

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2004, 01:04 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone live in St Mellons Cardiff?

I'm staying at me Ma's in St Mellon's, Cardiff Friday and Saturday to go the Japfest. There are other more expensive cars on the new estate where she lives but its quite close an iffy looking estate with lots of kids knocking about who are bound to start sniffing about becuase its an Impreza.

I have to stay over Saturday as I've got an RC car race meeting in Markham on Sunday.

Might even ask one of the neighbours if I can pay them for the use of thier garage for 2 nights. I'm just quite freaked that something is going to happen to it.
Old 18 May 2004, 01:19 PM
Richard Curtis
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in St-Mellons and your right to be worried, there is a lot of scumbags around.
We used to have a building just the other side of the road from the estate and had all sorts of trouble with breakins and a m8 had an XR3i nicked.

Moved further away but on the same estate and not so many problems but still get the odd incident (motorbikes being knicked is quite common) - you cannot believe the cheek of these people nicking stuff in broad daylight in overseen carparks.
Old 18 May 2004, 03:03 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Looked into staying at travel lodge etc but forgot theres some important match on at the stadium so everthing is booked up.

Looks like a 4.00am start then misses won't be pleased doing makeup at 3.00am!
Old 18 May 2004, 10:34 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

there are good and bad parts of St. Mellons - just bloke the car in on the drive if it has one? Scooby's go missing from the best of areas if peole want them bad enough
Old 18 May 2004, 10:49 PM
Omni
Scooby Regular

I got a 2nd house in St Mellons, what a **** hole, chavs going up and down the street on mopeds, dodgy looking teens hanging around the corners with the usual shirt off, burberry baseball cap etc, i've got a Peugeot 405 parked up over there, one night some fool slashed the tyres on 27 cars in that street alone, if you can get access to a garage, do it.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:03 AM
scooby944
Scooby Regular

I live in the newer area of st mellons (3 years now). Never had any problems with my car. Always get kids asking about it on the weekends when i'm outside.

there are dodgy parts not too far away where it seems like all the social housing is though and i wouldn't be leaving my car outside there overnight!
The only trouble i've ever had is eggs throw at my house at halloween.
i'd be more worried about denting your alloys on all the pot holes in the roads but as with any car it's always better to keep it in a garage overnight.
Old 20 May 2004, 11:45 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Scooby944 - whereabouts in St Mellons? My mothers house is on quite a large newly built estate. On one side is the Social and the other is where she is. The problem is that she doesn't have a garage and her parking space is over looked by the main road and the house is close to an underpass that seems to be frequented by kids.

I'm considering risking it or parking it where my mother suggested at the St Mellons county hotel and getting a Taxi back to her house - might be safer there than at her home.
Old 20 May 2004, 12:05 PM
scooby944
Scooby Regular

i think i know where you mean as you have to go past my house (harrison drive)to get to where they are building the new houses. That underpass isn't a very nice place but all the youths seem to have respect for scooby's.
personally if it was parked outside all the time then i'd be concerned but for 1 or 2 nights i don't think you have anything to worry about as i've had to do that quite a few times.
Old 20 May 2004, 12:21 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

I kinda thought that it will probably be OK for a couple of nights.

If you know anyone in the area with a free garage I'd be quite happy to pay for the use of it. I'd be paying £30 odd to stay at a Hotel or B&B with hopefully less exposed parking but with the Final on theres no where to stay.