Notices

anglesey night rally

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2003, 08:54 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi there, richie here (rob's watching top gear!!!)
just thought i would post some details about the anglesey night rally next weekend sat 12th. it starts in Gwalchmai around 11pm. rob and i will be going so if any scooby nuts would fancy meeting up to watch with us, let us know
tra
richie
p.s. are we going to arrange another n.wales meet soon cos the last spin was great?
p.p.s. the sti8 is on the ship from japan!!!! we can't wait
Old 08 April 2003, 09:33 AM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Hi Richie & Rob. Sorry can’t make it to the night rally (its my birthday on the 12th and I‘ll be drinking myself into oblivion !!!!) but I will be out and about on the Astra Stages during the day.

Can’t believe you haven’t got the ‘8’ yet – lets hope the ship doesn’t have to go through the English Channel – anything can happen there !!

Was it you !?! - Think I saw you a few weeks back down my way – didn’t flash - I was too late seeing the car and was in our Vauxhall anyway!!

Bye for now – Carl.
Old 10 April 2003, 08:56 PM
riffer
Scooby Newbie

will be there fellas, send us details, when where what time etc...
Old 10 April 2003, 09:30 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Richie and Rob,

Not 100% sure if i can come but could you mail me details hopefully can make it. The Lleyn rally last week was spot on so i fancy another one. Any luck selling the Sti 7 yet.

Sorry i haven't been in touch about the mudflaps temporary cash flow problem.

Cheers James.
Old 10 April 2003, 09:33 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

the cars are congregating this saturday night in the anglesey show ground at mona from 8pm onwards. you can get spectator maps and directions from the main enterance gates. the first cars are leaving around midnight and we know they are going around brynsiencyn and llangoed at some point during the night!!!!! send an e'mail if you want to meet up.
we went for a spin around caernarfon tonight but didn't see any scooby's
Rob & Richie
Old 12 April 2003, 08:47 PM
riffer
Scooby Newbie

any idea what time they're goin thru llangoed chaps????????
Old 12 April 2003, 08:51 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

no idea sorry, will have a better idea when we get to the show ground and get a spectator sheet. we are going in about 10ish, are you?
Old 12 April 2003, 09:01 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

Talking

i know it's a bit late and you are probably already out getting p1ssed , but happy birthday carl, have a good one
richie & rob
Old 13 April 2003, 07:20 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Richie & Rob - Thanks for that - Just about recovered now !!
How did the night rally go ?
Old 13 April 2003, 09:21 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

it was a great night thanks. the first spectator point was excellent because the cars had to go through a ford, as you can imagine there was lots of tractor activity!!!! we next went to a quarry that was good too because we could see them going for quite a while. we then went to llanddona there was a hairpin. but i think quite a few got lost in llangoed (they should have asked us!!!!) anyway there is another one on anglesey in a months time if anyone is interested.
richie
Old 16 April 2003, 08:16 PM
riffer
Scooby Newbie

was there fellas, turned up bout 12 ish to see the cars off, then went to llangoed, waited there till bout 1 ish, but only saw a couple of kids, wsnt in scooby was in misses car, cheaper on the gas seein as i came all the way from milton keynes. then went down to brynsciecyn, but low and behold didnt see much there either,, few lonely sheep and couple of **** heads, but that was bout it...
Will be up again this weekend,, is anybody gettin together, cos if ya is will come up in my baby..
Old 16 April 2003, 09:11 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

Smile

sorry not about this weekend, the car has got to go into the garage at some point because i am picking my new sti up on tuesday. it is all ready for me with my plates on but i can't have it yet (paper work!!!!!) and the bank holiday isn't helping. but the weekend after is ok if you are about, let us know and we can get together cos i will have my new one and i will want to have a little spin to run it in. richie is going to some karate competition with her mates so it will be just me and my car, wonderful!
rob
Old 22 April 2003, 08:26 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Question

Hiya Rob,

Was that you about a month ago who I followed into Caernarfon one Sunday morning from Conwy ? I was in the bugeye with the WRC reg

Old 22 April 2003, 08:33 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi Rob, any chance you could stick a couple of pics up of those mudflaps you had, sorry i haven't been in touch about them. Have you got the Sti 8 yet.

Cheers James.
Old 22 April 2003, 08:45 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

Hi rob was down at Anglesey at the weakend saw you as i was coming out of Meni , any idea when your new one arrives see you soon. Must do another north wales run.

Mark and Lisa
Old 22 April 2003, 09:15 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

hi all,
yes 555Boy it was me on the way to caernarfon, i liked the sun-strip on your windscreen, i should be getting one of those on my new one when it is ready!!!! i still haven't got the new one guys, the dvla in bangor had no power in the office today so we couldn't register the number plate, cross fingers things should go through in the next couple of days. i have been a few times to see it at the garage, but it is torture looking but not being able to drive it away

i will get richie to take some photos of the mudflaps tomorrow and put them up on the site for you james. Yes i agree with you Mark we should have another run soon.

james are you still going to the northern big one? cos richie and i are, just for the day, will travel there on the Sunday morning.
rob (richie says hi to you all too )
Old 22 April 2003, 10:22 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Rob, your new car looks the business mate !!

Was passing the dealers on Saturday (my old man lives just down the road) and your car - plates and all - was taking pride of place in the window with a ‘sold’ sign on the roof !!!

When you get it - give us a shout (by email if you like) and I could be up for a little tour of the countryside !!!!
Old 22 April 2003, 10:33 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

how frustrating it is for my car to be sat there all alone without me at it's wheel!!!!! well both sti's are at the garage now cos we took the old one in the other day too, we thought the paperwork would have gone through by now.

i will get in touch with you when we get it so we can go for a little spin to run the engine in, actually everyone will know when i get it because richie will post lots of photos up on scoobynet for all to see.

richie is asking everyone on scoobynet to cross their fingers and hope everything goes through soon
rob
Old 22 April 2003, 10:45 PM
carl555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Make sure they give you the '8' when you go back - they have now got 2 cars with same reg plates on !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 April 2003, 11:08 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Hi all, yea we defo need to sort out another run (in better weather ) just wondering if everyone wanted more of the same before or a bit longer different route etc. If anyone has any ideas post them up.

Hi Rob+Richie, yea mate was planning to go to the NBO, not sure weather just for the day or couple of days camping.

James.
Old 23 April 2003, 07:53 PM
555 BOY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hehe, this is the first time I've seen ya posting on here to make the connection, I'll have to look out for ya in future cos I venture up your way quite often, I stopped off at Maccy D's just after you turned off, sods law eh ! I take it your from the Caernarfon area ?
It made me laugh that mornin cos I'd took the girlfriend out for the day & promised her no rallies/subarus etc... then low & behold........

Old 23 April 2003, 09:23 PM
rob555
Scooby Regular

keep a look out for me because i am always about spinning!!!!(when i have a car that is) i live on anglesey near beaumaris. you will have to join us on our next scooby outing .
rob

sorry james i haven't had time to take any photos today cos i have been sorting out my new car (sorry it's not a scooby) i shall take some pics tomorrow and post them up for u 2 see.
richie