Notices

impreza bugeye headlight connector colour differences between wrx and sti?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2016, 07:21 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impreza bugeye headlight connector colour differences between wrx and sti?

Ok my fellow subaru friends I'm gonna need some advice here....

Can anyone tell me what colour the headlight wiring loom plugs are on a newage wrx (bugeye)?

I also would like to know what colour they are on the bugeye sti to compare and contrast?

Also does anyone know if subaru sell the headlight connector separate from the light unit and what the part number is?

My car loom has had the connectors cut off on the car end of the loom and had aftermarket lights spliced into the loom. So I have no idea what they should be.
What I'm trying to work out is on the std uk 300 lights the headlight connector colours are brown, grey and a 3 prong black connector. But if I buy another loom what loom would I need STi? Wrx? Or is the uk300 different from both? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated....

Can anyone show me a pic of what colour connectors you have on your wrx and also what colour the connectors are on the sti so I can buy the right parts.
Old 12 April 2016, 04:01 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mark. I am with VC on the weekend who as this set up on his STi RA Bug. His engine is out so will be easy to photograph.
Will this help?
Old 12 April 2016, 09:41 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that be great mate.....

I had a go today at wiring them up I got the indicators,dipped and sidelights on on passenger side gonna get a h4 connector tomorrow so that's should be main beam sorted aswell.

Still want the connectors though, as I want the oem look..... the connectors are discontinued and are a special key-way connector

Thanks again Ian the cars coming on tidy now after I have fixed all of api's **** ups......
Old 16 April 2016, 08:25 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

E-mail your mobile number butty.