Notices

My Uk300 with ppp

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2014, 01:54 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Uk300 with ppp

The plan..... I originally wanted a classic shape scooby but ended up getting my current car 2001 Y reg Uk300 Bugeye. I saw it on ebay and just had to have a look so I arranged to take a trip to Nottingham to see it. All seemed well so I left a £150 deposit and the guy took it off ebay thee and then.

arranged to pick the car up and after a lot of advice I picked her up and made our way back to Swansea. This was where the fun started as soon as we got back as far as monmouth the cell light came on and I immediately pulled over, I phoned my breakdown company who came and picked me up and transported me home.

After having the code read it seemed that P0546 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Malfunction (High Input) was the problem. So as I have another car I haven't used the Subaru to save anymore problems with her.

Gonna give her a full service and remap, restore the no.37 plaque build no, get the car professionally valeted and detailed wheels refurbed, change the exhaust for something a bit better any thoughts on this would be a great help! I know I need to do a few things for the mot in august so will tackle those and then start on the basic power upgrades.

here are some pics:

Old 07 April 2014, 02:07 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Are those gauge overlays correct for the car? I have to be honest and say they look really pants, I would see about removing them and putting the gauges looking standard again.

Plus you might want to consider removing the extra Prodrive stickers which adorn the car.

She looks in good condition apart from those minor points, speaking from experience Impreza's don't need much done to them in terms of asthetics and less is definitely more.
Old 07 April 2014, 02:11 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

I thought UK300 lights looked like:

?
Old 07 April 2014, 03:00 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Beat me too it. They ain't cheap now but Nightbreakers do improve them.

Tidy car though.
Old 07 April 2014, 03:46 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Are those gauge overlays correct for the car? I have to be honest and say they look really pants, I would see about removing them and putting the gauges looking standard again.

Plus you might want to consider removing the extra Prodrive stickers which adorn the car.

She looks in good condition apart from those minor points, speaking from experience Impreza's don't need much done to them in terms of aesthetics and less is definitely more.
Ty I definitely agree there with the std Dials and have removed them which now looks better imo. Pic to follow

However I do like the prodrive badges lol

Originally Posted by riiidaa
I thought UK300 lights looked like:

?
Your are correct sir! These in my pics are indeed aftermarket, however I do prefer them to the originals but each to they own.

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 07 April 2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07 April 2014, 04:02 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

id recommend using FlyEyeKit on the white indicator 'tear drop' section of your after market ones, to tone them down a bit and look closer to the originals.

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/shop/cms.php?id_cms=6

at least that's what I'd do.
Old 07 April 2014, 04:15 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by riiidaa
id recommend using FlyEyeKit on the white indicator 'tear drop' section of your after market ones, to tone them down a bit and look closer to the originals.

http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk/shop/cms.php?id_cms=6

at least that's what I'd do.
Yeah! That didn't look to bad to be honest. May look into that
Old 07 April 2014, 04:41 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

It's inexpensive too from that site, if you do it be sure to show me the pics mate, I reckon it'll look pretty damn good.
Old 07 April 2014, 08:43 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

Aren't they the wrong wheels for a uk300 too? I thought they had the oz wheels as standard?
Old 07 April 2014, 08:51 PM
tattoosi
Scooby Regular

i had a 300 last year, i didnt touch it apart from a few engine mods as they are a 'limited edition' and my opinion was it should look original..

Old 07 April 2014, 08:55 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Looks a nice car and sorry to hear about your troubles on your way home, get it sorted asap and start enjoying her.
Old 07 April 2014, 09:20 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

looks nice, just get the standard ppp exhaust back on and it will save you a lot of money
Old 07 April 2014, 09:29 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

I prefer the rota gra's over the oz wheels was one of the things that sold the car to me! I had them on my classic and cost me a £1150 new but they were in gunmetal colour, the other thing I wasn't keen on was the prodrive headlights so when I saw this car these were the things that clinched it.

I appreciate its not gonna be everyones cup of tea but not difficult to sort out should I choose return to standard thanks for the comments though.
Old 07 April 2014, 09:48 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

Well i like that!! I would change the clocks, everything else is ok in my eyes If you do want a set of original clocks i found a set on my secret shelves today
Dave.
Old 08 April 2014, 09:09 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Thanks Dave the original clocks were underneath the after market electroluminescent dials so back to standard now lol. Just bought a scorpion de-cat up pipe and having the car serviced with new plugs on thursday
Old 08 April 2014, 10:48 PM
esp ltd
Scooby Regular

That's a bonus then
Old 10 April 2014, 09:28 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Just bought a de-cat downpipe cars having a oil service and change of plugs. Next stage will be 3 inch downpipe back system with sport cat, pink injectors, upgraded fuel pump and oil pump, 3 port boost solenoid, fuel pressure regulator, and larger turbo not sure what one yet need ideas? Then final remap! Whatever power she makes I will be more than happy with as long as its above 300bhp. But guess that will depend on health of engine gearbox and turbo chosen I guess.... probably forgotten something but advice on what turbo would be appreciated
Old 10 April 2014, 10:40 AM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front entry converted td05h 16g is a good choice of turbo and is cheap. 330-340 bhp available. Oil pump not required, adjustable fpr not required
Old 10 April 2014, 10:41 AM
boosted
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sti top mount too
Old 14 April 2014, 10:26 AM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Woke up to postman delivering my limited edition plaque build no.37 badge because subaru dont make them anymore.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140414_095810.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	16081  

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 14 April 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 14 April 2014, 11:32 AM
DYL 4N
Scooby Regular

Looks good Mark.
I do like the bugs with those headlamps.

Wouldn't mind a spec c version.
Old 21 April 2014, 09:30 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYL 4N
Looks good Mark.
I do like the bugs with those headlamps.

Wouldn't mind a spec c version.

Cheers bro

List of parts I have bought but not fitted just yet!

Started off with giving the car a oil service with millers oil and just put in some pfr7 plugs, as car is not in use but will be chasing power.

next I have bought a fuel filter, 2x new rear shocks (KYB),3 port boost solenoid, Bugeye Crystal Clear Side Fender repeaters, 52mm Triple Gauge Holder (HT Autos) Boost, oil temp and oil pressure Gauges to suit holder, cosworth panel filter, New air flow sensor, new alarm key fob (Subaru). Also bought a scorpion decat uppipe but still awaiting it to be delivered.

Also bought a VF35 in need of a rebuild courtesy of adgespeed and massive thanks to Cannon Fodder for putting me in touch with him. I have emailed a few turbo rebuilders for quotes and will get repaired asap.

Next on the list is a RCM 340lph fuel pump,recon vf35 turbo fitted new recirculating dump valve, and pink injectors then remap. If anyone can think of a supporting mod that will help me achieve 320bhp reliably please add to my list.....

Oh after that I will be fitting a rcm upgraded oil pump for a freshen up and upgrade 2x front shocks and some tein springs to lower her a bit. after that it will be general maintenance until the inevitable happens and then a performance engine will be sought as I'm keeping this one for life lol

Last edited by ScoobyNudge; 21 April 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 21 April 2014, 09:41 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyNudge
Cheers bro

List of parts I have bought but not fitted just yet!

Started off with giving the car a oil service with millers oil and just put in some pfr7 plugs, as car is not in use but will be chasing power.

next I have bought a fuel filter, 2x new rear shocks (KYB),3 port boost solenoid, Bugeye Crystal Clear Side Fender repeaters, 52mm Triple Gauge Holder (HT Autos) Boost, oil temp and oil pressure Gauges to suit holder, cosworth panel filter, New air flow sensor, new alarm key fob (Subaru). Also bought a scorpion decat uppipe but still awaiting it to be delivered.

Also bought a VF35 in need of a rebuild courtesy of adgespeed and massive thanks to Cannon Fodder for putting me in touch with him. I have emailed a few turbo rebuilders for quotes and will get repaired asap.

Next on the list is a RCM 340lph fuel pump,recon vf35 turbo fitted new recirculating dump valve, and pink injectors then remap. If anyone can think of a supporting mod that will help me achieve 320bhp reliably please add to my list.....

Oh after that I will be fitting a rcm upgraded oil pump for a freshen up and upgrade 2x front shocks and some tein springs to lower her a bit.
You missed my mate in his UK 300 at the last meet.
He's gone with a VF34, 6 Fr/4 Rr pot AP's, STi top mount, better fuel pump/injectors, straight cut PPG gearbox with a twin plate clutch, AST's, loads of White Line and STi Suspension mod's. He only uses his on track days though.

You could have compared notes.
Old 21 April 2014, 09:46 PM
ScoobyNudge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
You missed my mate in his UK 300 at the last meet.
He's gone with a VF34, 6 Fr/4 Rr pot AP's, STi top mount, better fuel pump/injectors, straight cut PPG gearbox with a twin plate clutch, AST's, loads of White Line and STi Suspension mod's. He only uses his on track days though.

You could have compared notes.
Hope I will catch him at the next meet.... I was absolutely gutted I could come to the meet but been working as many shifts as I can to get scoobs sorted. would have been great to catch up with you all.