Notices
Trader Announcements Announcements (including special offers, product/service information) made by Authorised Advertisers

Girodisc Front 2pc Floating Discs for 04-Present

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2015, 03:59 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girodisc Front 2pc Floating Discs for 04-Present

We have a very special offer for all the SCOOBYNET members.

We have in stock Girodisc Front 2pc Floating Brake Discs for 04-Present

Normal retail price is £499 inc VAT Excl Delivery

Part number is A1-007

Our special offer price is £500 inc VAT and UK Mainland Delivery!
Also we are offering a free set of HEL Brake Lines for the first x 3 orders...

European and worldwide delivery is also available on request at extra cost.

Set of discs and a set of Girodisc Magic pads £500

Set of discs and Performance Friction .11 pads £535

Set of discs and Girodisc Street/Strip pads £555 inc vat

Set of discs and Performance Friction .01 pads £669 inc vat

Set of discs and Pagid RS29 pads £679 inc vat

Set of discs and Carbotech XP8 pads £699 inc vat

PM me, email me rob@sumopower.com or cal me +44(0)1945 479125 to take advantage of this one time offer. Any questions then please contact me

Last edited by SumoPower; 16 January 2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11 January 2015, 08:01 AM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Couple of sets left with FOC brake lines.
Old 11 January 2015, 01:36 PM
Chrisp11981
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How do these compare against performance friction 2 piece floating discs? Do you stock the girodisc s/s pads?

Thanks,

Chris.
Old 11 January 2015, 01:43 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chrisp11981
How do these compare against performance friction 2 piece floating discs? Do you stock the girodisc s/s pads?

Thanks,

Chris.
Hi Chris the quality is on par with performance friction in actual fact we would argue these are finished slightly better. We stock both manufacturers so if you would rather a quote on PS just let us know.
The Girodisc Street and Strip (SS) pads are in stock. These are very popular with the Evo guys to do it fast road and occasional track days.
Old 11 January 2015, 02:14 PM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

Love my girodisc discs. The pads leave a lot to be desired though if using both on the subaru brembos. Girodisc discs and pf pads
Old 11 January 2015, 02:26 PM
Chrisp11981
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks for the quick reply, I looked at some pictures of both, and the pf rotors looked better finished.
I couldn't find the pads listed for impreza or the replacement discs on your site?
How much do you charge for pf discs? They're not listed online either?

Many thanks,

Chris.
Old 11 January 2015, 02:31 PM
Chrisp11981
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice! Heard mixed reviews about the pads, but mainly good about the discs! Does the weight difference in rotors make any noticeable performance gains? Again heard mixed reviews! Most people think they imagine it... lol

Originally Posted by birchy2010
Love my girodisc discs. The pads leave a lot to be desired though if using both on the subaru brembos. Girodisc discs and pf pads
Old 11 January 2015, 02:34 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

How do these compare against performance friction 2 piece floating discs?

Thanks,

Chris.
They Don't,The PF set up is far superior,coming from a past user of both.SJ.
Old 11 January 2015, 02:47 PM
Chrisp11981
Scooby Regular

I've Also heard pf is better....

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Old 11 January 2015, 02:50 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Interesting feedback. Perhaps you could expand on your experience?
What pads were you using on both set ups? Were the pads new when you installed the new discs?
In what way did The Girodiscs not meet your expectations and for what reasons?
Old 11 January 2015, 03:04 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Ok thanks for the quick reply, I looked at some pictures of both, and the pf rotors looked better finished.
I couldn't find the pads listed for impreza or the replacement discs on your site?
How much do you charge for pf discs? They're not listed online either?

Many thanks,

Chris.
We are direct dealers for PFC but I think we need to update the website with these products. We'll look to get these added this week Chris.
If you need any quotes in the mean time, please feel free to drop us a line.
Old 11 January 2015, 03:06 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SumoPower
Interesting feedback. Perhaps you could expand on your experience?
What pads were you using on both set ups? Were the pads new when you installed the new discs?
In what way did The Girodiscs not meet your expectations and for what reasons?
To answer your questions,all set up's were both brand new,i personally don't recommend buying and using other peoples part worn disc and pads as they wear in according to the previous drivers driving style,plus they are not that pricey to buy brand new.The "magic pads" from giro that i used were absolute rubbish compared to the PF Z Rated pads,the girodisc were ok,but using them both hard on fast road/track the girodisc setup faded badly after hard use,the complete set up from PF wins hands down.I have no need to rubbish the girodisc brand but coming from experience if i was buying i would not look any further then the PF disc and pads.SJ.
Old 11 January 2015, 03:14 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

I've Also heard pf is better....
It normal to get mixed review on any product, we have had 99% good reviews on both products hence why we continue to distribute them.
Ross Sport who are the main importers for Girodisc take any issues very seriously so its worth feeding back to us any issues even if you didn't buy them through us we will be happy to help.
In essence they are both cast iron directionally veined discs mounted (using different methods) to an alloy bell (Girodisc is 7075T6, which is aircraft grade billet alloy) - performance should be very similar and in our experience issues tend to come from poor installation ie, failure to check run out, or discs that have been rebuilt not following the correct procedure. Most common issues come from poor quality or contaminated friction material.
Old 11 January 2015, 03:25 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

To answer your questions,all set up's were both brand new,i personally don't recommend buying and using other peoples part worn disc and pads as they wear in according to the previous drivers driving style,plus they are not that pricey to buy brand new.The "magic pads" from giro that i used were absolute rubbish compared to the PF Z Rated pads,the girodisc were ok,but using them both hard on fast road/track the girodisc setup faded badly after hard use,the complete set up from PF wins hands down.I have no need to rubbish the girodisc brand but coming from experience if i was buying i would not look any further then the PF disc and pads.SJ.
OK cool. Thanks for that buddy.
In answer to your findings, the Magic pads are an entry level pad designed to be low dust and low noise, providing ample braking force with very moderate disc wear when cold. They are not really suited long term to much more than normal road driving in our opinion, if you ended up exceeding their their effective operating temperature this would be easily done in a late Impreza given the weight and poor heat dissipation of the stock Brembo caliper, this would explain your experience. (I dont have any data on this exact pad, but similar pads loose their friction coefficient rapidly above ~450°C)
The PFC set up you had likely gave you a better experience due to a better choice of friction material for your application. We have a lot of customers who are big fans of the .11 material for fast road.

Last edited by SumoPower; 11 January 2015 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11 January 2015, 03:37 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Your probably right about the pads as they were not up to continued hard use even on fast road conditions,the PF heat treatment that is done on all there disc WORK and even there entry level Zrated pads perform even after very hard use.You are right about the .11 compound it's a very superb pad,it was brought in to succeed the original 01 compound i have a set for my AP calipers.I might have to give the giro disc another try but with a different pad and then let you know how i feel about them afterwards as my wife's Subaru is running brembo calipers.SJ.
Old 11 January 2015, 03:42 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've also read on the MLR that these wear very quickly compared to PF ?
Old 11 January 2015, 03:53 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BBB3
I've also read on the MLR that these wear very quickly compared to PF ?
Wear is a very interesting topic, and getting an acceptable level of of braking force v's wear at the temperature that you intend to run is entirely down to the pad choice.
The MLR guys are very keen on modern race friction material, which is awesome stuff but doesn't come without its down side, the main one being dust and noise, secondary to this is massively increased wear rates at low temperatures (when braking hard) This will be the case during most road driving scenarios. If you want the benefit of race friction material I'd recommend warming the brakes slowly to get them up to temperature before really giving them stick, once they are up to temp the disc wear rate will be much less than jumping on them from cold.
I'd recommend researching pad transfer layer & temperature if you aren't familiar with this

Last edited by SumoPower; 11 January 2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11 January 2015, 04:01 PM
SumoPower
Former Sponsor

Your probably right about the pads as they were not up to continued hard use even on fast road conditions,the PF heat treatment that is done on all there disc WORK and even there entry level Zrated pads perform even after very hard use.You are right about the .11 compound it's a very superb pad,it was brought in to succeed the original 01 compound i have a set for my AP calipers.I might have to give the giro disc another try but with a different pad and then let you know how i feel about them afterwards as my wife's Subaru is running brembo calipers.SJ.
Good stuff, give us a shout if we can help with either option SJ.
As above, get the friction material right for the application and both makes should work equally well.
Old 11 January 2015, 04:04 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Thanks,I will keep you in mind.SJ.