Notices

AAA Saloon Cup Oulton Park 24th July

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2010, 12:43 PM
VF-Racing
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAA Saloon Cup Oulton Park 24th July

Both the number 15 car of Vaughan Fletcher and the 44 car of Ian Froggatt are entered into this Saturday's AAA Saloon Cup at Oulton Park.

Running in Group B (Limited to 400bhp) both cars are looking to mix it with the front running Evo's which have had this class to themselves all season.

Good luck to both drivers who are aiming to fly the flag for the ScoobyClinic.

Cheers

J
Old 22 July 2010, 08:11 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Hope you do better than I've done so far. Lots of new bits and geometry to try out for me this time, hopefully I will be a bit quicker.
Cheers Dave
Old 23 July 2010, 08:09 AM
VF-Racing
Scooby Regular

Good luck to you. See you there.

J
Old 27 July 2010, 12:11 PM
VF-Racing
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Bear
Hope you do better than I've done so far. Lots of new bits and geometry to try out for me this time, hopefully I will be a bit quicker.
Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

What happened?

Looked pretty bad when we saw you come in during qualifying.

Thought it best to leave you to it.

We had our fuel pump pack up in race 1, which put us at the back of the grid for race 2, and unable to challenge for the front.

The other ScoobyClinic car was 2nd for most of the race, and challenged Simon Norris in his 900 brake "Bogey" Evo for the lead at one point!

Overall a good days racing, and a good bunch.

You out at Combe?
Old 27 July 2010, 01:38 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

I'm still not 100% sure what has happened but think the oil pipe to the turbo has a fracture. Hoping to get a flexible one made up soon, just hope the turbo is ok. I was a little worried when the car filled with smoke having seen the damage the fire extinguisher powder does thought it was good time to stop and call it a day. I was pretty pissed off and left early after lunch

Should be out at combe for the last race
Old 27 July 2010, 01:38 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

I'm still not 100% sure what has happened but think the oil pipe to the turbo has a fracture. Hoping to get a flexible one made up soon, just hope the turbo is ok. I was a little worried when the car filled with smoke having seen the damage the fire extinguisher powder does thought it was good time to stop and call it a day. I was pretty pissed off and left early after lunch

Old 27 July 2010, 01:43 PM
VF-Racing
Scooby Regular

Bad luck Dave.

We had a pretty bad year last year, so understand what your going through. Have to say I thought the marshalls took their time getting to you seeing as smoke was pouring out of the bonnet!

Might see you at Combe even if it's just spectating.

Jonathan
Old 27 July 2010, 02:52 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

I reckon you proably stopped soon enough to have prevented any serious damage (hope so) if I remember rightly on your private qualy session you only did one lap and came in? So must still have been some oil inside - although you did pass me in a big cloud of smoke!
Old 27 July 2010, 06:02 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

The engine should be fine there is quite a bit of oil left in it approx 3.5 litres, the turbo I'm not to sure about as it was running without oil and as it is a floating bearing type I will take it off and get it overhauled.

Combe may be the last time I race for a while as I'm being made redundant at the end of the year when Cadbury move production to poland.
Old 28 July 2010, 08:22 AM
VF-Racing
Scooby Regular

The engine should be fine there is quite a bit of oil left in it approx 3.5 litres, the turbo I'm not to sure about as it was running without oil and as it is a floating bearing type I will take it off and get it overhauled.

Combe may be the last time I race for a while as I'm being made redundant at the end of the year when Cadbury move production to poland.
Tough break Dave. Hope something sorts itself out for you.

Hope you make it out for Combe.
Old 28 July 2010, 06:35 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

HUMMM was not a good day but hey you did get terry working omg.Mind you lying on a hot oily scoob motor while being videoed and harrased by the slightly anoying lady wanting to know if the driver is available to be interviewed lol.

you can always spanner for me on the frankepretza

see ya soon buddy
Old 29 July 2010, 12:06 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

No good news about the job - hope you can sort something out. And you never ever really had time to try your new tyres.