Notices

Trax 08 my experience

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2008, 01:14 PM
crowley22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trax 08 my experience

feel the need to raise an issue with you regarding your security staff on the entrance gates.
I am in a wheelchair and this is my experience. On arrival at the gates we were told by one security guard to carry on to the same entrance gates as everyone else was when we got there we were told that we could not enter these gates and had to go back to the previous gate we explained that the security guard on the previous gate had told us to move on to this next gate. The security guard said that in that case we could continue inside with everyone else and would be told where the disabled parking was by the next security guard. We continued in the flow of traffic until we made it to the next security guard at this point we asked where the disabled parking was and was told that we had come too far and had missed the entrance to disabled parking. We explained that we had followed the instructions given to us by the previous security guard only to be told that this was tough and that we had to exit the car park rejoin the queuing traffic outside on the road and then re-enter the car park and get into the disabled parking area.

We explained that we felt we shouldn't have to do this after queuing for over 45 minutes to get into the car park and already having being messed around by the previous security guards we had spoken to. We were told that if we didn't leave then we would be made to leave by security and the car would be forcefully moved. We argued with this security guard - holding up the queue behind us until he said we could move.

When we spoke to this security guard he explained that he could not see what all the fuss was about and that we could just proceed inside to the Paddock parking centre where disabled parking was.

Having made it half way inside we were stopped by another security guard who told us that we were not allowed to enter and had to turn around and park elsewhere. We explained yet again that we had been told by a security guard that we could park here and even pointed to him only to be told that he was only a part-timer and didn't have the authority to allow us access !!

After arguing for 5 minutes or so we were finally allowed inside only to find that the disabled parking area we were shown to was a rough gravel area where we could not push the wheelchair !!

In all after queuing for around 45 minutes to enter the main gates it took us around 20 minutes or so of arguing with various different security guards just to enter the site and then find the so called disabled parking area didn't exist !

We were absolutely disgusted by the attitude of 1 or 2 of your security guards,they were absolutely no help at all and created a situation that didn't need to happen.
And to cap it all I really like to watch the drifting so I went to walk over to the stand opposite the pits as I am in a chair I have to use the tunnel by beckets as there are two entrances to this tunnel it is clearly marked that one side is for pedestrians and the other side is for cars so I went to walk though the tunnel but the security guard said that the tunnel is for cars only and I would have to use the footbridge. Oh yea I just strap me chair to my back and use the footbridge
I think with this level of incompetence demonstrated by the staff is it any wonder that Silverstone has lost the british grand prix.

I have been coming to Silverstone for many years and have never experienced any such problems as this
I won’t be going again.

Neal