Notices

New challenge for all you Petrol heads!

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2008, 12:34 AM
Mad Maxd
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New challenge for all you Petrol heads!

Hi All

some of you may remember that a few years ago I used to organise the Revs/ Max Power Inter club shootout at York Raceway which was a great success for the 4 years it ran! Due to home committments and other issues I stepped down as organiser and let the series run it's coarse.

I have been approached by Javelin Trackdays to see if I can start a new form of Inter Club shootout involving the clubs and forums of the modified car world! The new shootout will involve a 1/4 mile handling track and alongside it a 1/4 mile drag lane in which 2 competitors will set off at the same time against the clock and then swap lanes and do the reverse for the next run meaning that both competitors will do both disciplines and get individual run times which will then be added together to make a total time. We hope to run this as an unlimited runs RWYB event witrh a strong club competition element to boost the entry for each event!

The Venue is Barkston Heath near Grantham and this is a very smooth and very clean surface which will not damage your cars!

The 2 dates so far are:

Saturday 3rd May
Sunday 13th July

The cost is £30.00 with unlimited timed runs with hopefully split times as they have just bought the latest upto date timing equipment for up most accuracy!
We need 40 cars to make this work so please see if you can get a team to support this event as it could be a great new experience!!!!!!!!!!
The cars must be a "run what ya brung" based car with no serious competition car element being included as this is not for multi thousand pound money no object cars but for the everyday loyal petrol headed car club/forum member with a head for a bit of legal adrenalin boosting fun with likewise people!

If you are interested then please get in touch with me via this e-mail address maxdcarclub@ntlworld.com subject Shootout and we will get you and your group involved in this sure to grow event!

Thanks

Martyn Clifford Event co-organiser

Last edited by Mad Maxd; 05 March 2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 05 March 2008, 12:40 AM
Mad Maxd
Scooby Newbie

Smile update

The classes for this event will be set very soon and we hope to give a fair chance to al that compete but as you al know its not easy to please everyone!

thanks for reading this and hopefully getting a team together to take on the Evo's and Skylines that are keen to come along!

cheers

Martyn
Old 05 March 2008, 06:58 PM
Bez300
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't do the 3rd of may going gokarting. but I can do the 13th of july. a race allways sounds good news.
Old 06 March 2008, 01:26 AM
Mad Maxd
Scooby Newbie

come on you Scoobie drivers we have Evo's and Skylines and lots of mixed cars so what about you guys????

cheers

Martyn 07867-543390
Old 26 April 2008, 04:43 PM
GC8KID
Scooby Newbie

I shall give it a whirl, handling circuit against the clock sounds good to me
Old 01 May 2008, 07:28 PM
GC8KID
Scooby Newbie

Anyone else going to this event ????