Notices

Big Thanks to Bill Gwynne Rallyschool

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2001, 10:30 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

We arrived at BGRS yesterday with a group of 7 eager drivers.

We got the morning session completed with only 1 minor techie problem and ate lunch.

The session started and next thing we see is the car stopped down on the stage with smoke billowing out of the engine bay.

Pete Gwynne was quickly to hand with the fire extinguisher.

Alas a pipe had split from the Power steering fluid and sprayed fluid all over the very hot manifold.

So that car went US. The spare group N car was found to have an unadjustable seat ergo that car was useless for all but two of the drivers.

So Pete on behalf of BGRS made the offer 'The cars are both unuseable so we would like to invite you all back at a later date to do the whole day again from scratch'

Bearing in mind that we had completed half the day and eaten lunch,
they could have just offered us the half day course but instead they offered us the full day again.

I think this just shows the type of people who run this Rallyschool.

I would like to say a very big and public thank you to them.

Just to confirm whose attending when ( I will E Mail this out )

Iain and Nick - 3rd November.

Chris, Gary , Paul , Zak and Josh - 15th December.

To make up the numbers and it is near my birthday I will be dusting off my Rally Boots and taking the last place.
Old 14 October 2001, 10:51 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

We regard to your comments about Bill Gwynne, I would like to add a resounding ditto.

Furthermore, thanks for arranging it all again Neil. Sterling job young man !

I can't wait untill December 15th, it'll work out out to a visit every 2 months for me now

Cheers

Josh
Old 15 October 2001, 11:18 AM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Smile

Well If you want me to take photo's again young man - the rates have just risen.

Old 15 October 2001, 07:47 PM
GAZZER
Scooby Regular

Cool

Big thanks to Pete @ BGRS as Neil said a 1/2 day would have been fine and if included lunch would have been superb.

As the person driving the car at the time I thought that to offer another full day was very kind indeed.

It was great fun for the time that we were there even though I did have to come off after 1 lap on my second go as I clouted a tyre.

It was on the 1st time out after lunch that I had almost got the hang of it and had completed a flying 1/2 lap when my intercom wire got in the way and put me off a bit, I lost concentration and caught another tyre.

We stopped and reversed back to put the tyre in place and noticed that the bonnet had smoke coming out of it. Pete said "you better get out quick" (I thought he was going to make me walk back for hitting the tyre) he grabbed the fire extinguisher and started spraying it under the wheel arch at the point of the smoke.

A minute later we opened the bonnet and noticed alot of oil around the enging bay eminatting from the power steering pump .
We left it another minute and drove it back to the starting area where it was decided to leave it for the day as I might get alot worse and the whole car could go up.

Looking forward to the next time on the 15th.
Thanks to Neil for organising a great day and to Josh for taking the pics Shame we will have to do it all again!!!
Gaz