Notices

Boring boring Easytrack

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2001, 10:52 AM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to Wroughton with Easytrack for the second time in as many weeks - the first time was immeditaley after a foot & mouth outbreak, which prevented Easytrack setting up the track as they'd have liked, for which they apologised. It was pretty dull, so I wrote to them to check they were going to change the layout for 5th may, to include more than 2nd gear corners - they assured me they would.
Well they didn't. Down a runway, 2nd gear U-turn, back the other way, 2nd gear U-turn, back, 2nd gear left to go down the final runway, 2nd gear to do the third U turn - it's actually more fun typing it than it was to drive. Despite all the options at Wroughton, Easytrack choose not to do a lap of one of the grass sections. Why should they care, most of their days are fully booked? Well I've been on several Easytrack days, and feel I should now look at alternatives.

I know Ed moore has been offering better service with motorsport-events (are you paying the modest advertising costs to Scoobynet yet Ed?) and I think I'll have to try them next.

Has anyone been to Wroughton (or anywhere else come to think of it) with motorsport-events?
Old 08 May 2001, 06:39 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Now you know why I was fed up with it on the day you saw me. Its the same old thing all the time.
Old 08 May 2001, 08:32 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

I will probably be going upto Wroughton on the 24th may to see what Motorsport Events can do with the track . Bob are you still going up ?
Dave
Old 09 May 2001, 09:09 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

I was up there on the 19th April - didn't drive but got a ride round in a blue EVO.

Certainly wasn't a boring track and had some decent corners, though with a cross runway 2nd gear hairpins are almost inevitable
Old 09 May 2001, 09:56 AM
RHasking
Scooby Newbie

I was at Wroughton with Easytrack on Saturday also, and also in April with Motorsport events.

The track was almost the same, with the MS events one being slightly longer with a longer (and faster) straight. Any track that basically goes up and down the two (cross-over) runways will have 2nd gear corners at the ends. I'm not sure whether there's much else they can do unless they can use taxiways or perimeter roads.

Rob
Old 10 May 2001, 01:08 AM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
I went to Wroughton last month with my 16 year-old son. Ed Moore had arranged for him to go out with a professional racing instructor during the lunch break.

Enduring comments were from my lad: "That was just fan-bloody-tastic!" And from the instructor: "Your son hasn't got much mechanical sympathy for the car, but his trail braking is excellent." They were also a very nice bunch of professional people. I didn't go out on the track myself, but can appreciate the comments made above.

I shall have a go at an airfield day myself some time, maybe with an instructor, and just try to learn some new driving techniques. Airfields are great places to try left-foot braking, trail braking and lift-off over-steer and stuff without the usual risks!

Richard.
Old 10 May 2001, 01:26 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

I must remember that!

Stef.
Old 10 May 2001, 11:36 PM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi All,

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone. And Rob it was a pleasure to have you on the last day and Richard, your lad drove brilliantly and Spencer was full of praise for him.

We are determined to always run ultra professional days and listen to our customers feedback. We will only run events with top quality staff, signage (brake, chevron boards, pits board, direction arrows to venue etc.)and are working hard to provide that bit more than you are used to! Did you like the drivers handbook?

We are keen to keep enhancing our reputation for providing well run events. We will be announcing new dates and venues soon.

Stef, maybe you could provide me with details of banner advertising on the site? Please email me on:

ed@motorsport-events.co.uk

Take care and be safe,

Ed

NEWS!

To those of you that might be interested we are running a driver training day on a wet surface using only the very best instructors on June 10th. The day should be brilliant fun as well because in the evening we will be running a track session on a superb airfield layout. This event is excellent value at £189 - places really are strictly limited so please let me know if anyone is interested ASAP on 0870 787 2116.
Old 11 May 2001, 02:09 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Ed.
For banner ads you need to contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk .

Stef.
Old 11 May 2001, 07:13 PM
edmooreuk
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stef:
<B>Ed.
For banner ads you need to contact webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk .

Stef.[/quote]

Thanks Stef,

I will do.

Ed