Happy Xmas donington :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2000, 10:44 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well

as I'm sure you all know I like to attend the odd trackday or 10 each year. I feel its the only safe place to exploit the capability of my car...but today...I find myself very very disappointed

RobMac (the star) arranged a special Xmas trackday for us on the 30th of December...this is a really really nice touch and an excellent way to end another fantastic driving year.

I placed my name onto the list of those wishing to attend almost as soon as Rob placed the post onto the BBS.

Last week a phoned Donington Park twice to arrange my place on the day to be greeted by an answerphone message. I left my name and number twice to ensure that donington got back to me (I think the lady who deals with this was on holiday).

Today I got a phonecall from them whilst in an important meeting in London...obviously I had to not take the call. The lady left me an answerphone message telling my they were trying to contact me to book my place.

It was 3 hours before the meeting finished and I phoned them to book my place YIPPEE !!! me thinks....but the plot thickens.

Well it goes a little something like this....all the places had been taken....my phonecalls in the previous week had been disgarded and I'm now on a pretty large waiting list if people pull out.

I have spent approx 1,500 pounds on trackdays at donington over the last few years...(not to mention fuel at 99.9P a litre) they even send me flyers to let me know when days are running so I can book and enjoy my car in a safe environment...

So...thats my Christmas ruined...

guess I'll be watching from the pit lane this time

yours

Ian the rather upset Hippy

PS:I am a very good passenger for those who would like some company out on the track.

[This message has been edited by igratton (edited 12 December 2000).]
Old 11 December 2000, 10:50 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Angry

I can't beleive this either mate! I was so looking forward to Dono ont eh 30th especially after ive just picked up some Part Worn tyres

I thought this would have been the best way to start the new year but NO it seems! I have been provisionally booked too but it seems that means nothing! This is such a great idea too from Rob and a great place to meet other owners, looks like my Xmas fun is gonna be eating more choclate and thinking about what could have been.

A very very very dissapointed Harj....
Old 12 December 2000, 06:59 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear this lads

Sounds like a **** up on Donnos behalf, surely they can make a exception to the rule.

Ian and Harj are probably the most regular Donno attendees i know, and should have been included automaticallly

Hope they sort it out for you guys.

Paul
Old 12 December 2000, 08:35 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Question

So RobMac any chance of sorting something out especially as Harj was one of the Charity drivers at the last event @ Donno.

Will your contacts at Donnington lend a sympathetic ear, Christmas spirit and all that?

Lee
Old 12 December 2000, 10:57 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Harj was bringing some poorly kids from Northamptons childrens ward at the local hospital. I am trying to get a tasty car to attend to draw some attention as well for the kids. Although I am not doing the track day myself, Harj was going to take the kids out in the 22B for a suprise. Now, I am sure that some of you would love to offer but would anyone be so kind to give their space up for Harj to fulfill some of these Kids dreams. H does loads of track days so this is to no real benefit to himself, obviously this is due to the fact that he is bringing the 22B to the event......
If anyone can find an x-mass heart that would be great. Harj will obviously pay for your session and I will buy you your favorite bottle of booze for the hassle

Its x-mass guys, can anyone help give the kids a ride or even give Harj their sessions?

Ronnnie
Old 13 December 2000, 10:38 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ooops, actually I'd never want to accept responsibility for taking another persons children out.
Regards,
Chuck
(edited after I thought about it for a while)

[This message has been edited by chuckster (edited 13 December 2000).]
Old 13 December 2000, 10:44 AM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Ron

The best thing to do is speak to Donington. If they knew you were taking poorly kids round I am sure they would be more accomodating.

Regards

Simon
Old 13 December 2000, 10:59 AM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

If you are taking poorly kids around the track Harj, I take it you have all the appropriate personal insurances??????
Old 13 December 2000, 02:23 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Harj...

if this is for real make sure you have some public indemnity insurance. If it is...then you are a very kind gent.

Oh....I tried to ring RobMac to figure out what can be done...and he wasn't there...maybe he'll ring me back.

*Sob*

I'm kinda resigned to the fact I'll be a passenger in chucksters car all day (and he doesn't know yet so don't tell him ) which is pretty cool...but hey...I like sitting on the other side of the car best

Ian
Old 13 December 2000, 02:59 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hello gents... I'm on the Scoobysport PC due to me not being at home.

Ian,
Where did you try and ring me? I had a number on my mobile that I didn't recognise yesterday, and forgot to ring it back. was it you? If not then did you try Donno? I don't actually work for them, I am self employed and am actually rarely there (more likely to be at Bedford Autodrome like yesterday when the 'mystery' call came in)

I will try to speak to Donno about this but I need Harj ( or anybody...) to ring me and tell me all about what is needed first before I do so. You can get my mobile number from Stef or Pete Croney.

It seems that the circuit are running a first come - first served policy on the bookings, and it is just your luck if you cannot get through to them. Quite unfortunate though...

Rob Mac.

Old 13 December 2000, 04:23 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Got to say that 70 places went bloody quick bearing in mind the shortness of notice & the muck-up over date availability...

Rob how many scoobs are actually going or have they mixed 2 events together??

(Not talking 'bout Dingy & BD & friends - they're welcome )
Old 13 December 2000, 06:31 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

I have mailed the relevant people with details, as I have a couple of spare places for SIDC members, so all may not be lost.

Santa Stef.
Old 13 December 2000, 06:45 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just got off the phone to Stef, I thought I would never say this but "Stef Is da Man!" Many thanks again for getting me a place Stef and I owe you a couple of drinks for this.

A very pleased Harj
Old 13 December 2000, 09:07 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Stef,

Without the search facility, I cant find your phone number. Also being in New York doesnt help. Please, please , please, if there are any spare places going, can I have one.

Be your bestest friend....David.

Edit:

O.k. so it was on the other thread.
Top man, santa came early. (oo er missus)

[This message has been edited by DavidLewis (edited 13 December 2000).]
Old 13 December 2000, 10:39 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Now we have a few more lucky bods, stick your name on my insurance thread - as soon as 10+ can get the group one going
Old 13 December 2000, 11:09 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Sorry Puff.

Count me for insurance as usual
Old 14 December 2000, 12:06 PM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rob,