Notices

Donnington

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2002, 01:01 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Mellow Yellow. The chap earlier said he like to see me pass you on the race track. What car have you got? I see you had a P1 but now have something else - is it an evo? I may not be able to race you on Sunday morning as it looks like I may be instructing, but I'll be seeing what my new motor is capable of given the first opportunity. What colour is your car?

PS Just read your message back - whats the roses and Popeye notes mean. Are you keeping something from me?

[Edited by The Fastest - 7/1/2002 1:03:56 PM]
Old 07 January 2002, 10:51 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

lordlucan, I'll see you there then, you're welcome to come out for a while if you're nervous. I should be there aboput 9 ish depending on traffic. Do you know Mellow Yellow, how old is he, why does he print lots of letters?

Avi, you want to see my new motor, air con, abs, power steering, electric windows and mirrors, 17 inch alloy - fully loaded.

Lee p, give me a shout pal, I'd be happy to go on the race track with you.

If any of you nervous guys are on the track I'll flash a couple of times before I overtake.

Who else is going from this scoobynet?

PS Forgot to say Lee p, the car is well on its way to being fully run in, I've had it a week and done 350 miles already (ace) By the time I get to Donnington it'll have done at lest 600. It runs like a dream and revs so easily right upto the limiter.

See you at the race track.
TF

[Edited by The Fastest - 7/1/2002 10:59:44 PM]
Old 07 February 2002, 01:03 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

the fastest:

Please tell me what kind of car you have, are you booked in for the whole day or just one session? any pictures so that we can recognise you?

I'll look out for you whilst I'm on track.

Greg

[Edited by gregh - 7/2/2002 1:04:28 AM]
Old 07 February 2002, 10:46 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

TF.... like you I have a blue scoob....don't forget to wave as you fly by....I have a new engine in mine so will be running it in at no more than 4000 rpms (revs per minuite) so will be moderately slow....you'll recognise me with the signs on the rear of my motor saying " Please be patient...running in " hope not too many people get angry becuase my car is a lot wider than normal due to my using 225 x 35 x 20" tyres

However, there are some Mitsubishi EVO's coming along and one in particular (a white one with red love hearts on the bodywork) is for sure to be the fastes car there I'm afraid It's just come back from the Bonneville straights after doing speed trials where it achieved a top speed of 286.3 mph and a 0 -100 mph in 2.4 seconds....

Now that is quite quick !

[Edited by Mellow Yellow ! - 7/2/2002 10:49:02 AM]
Old 07 February 2002, 11:14 AM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

What is happening. I didn't write that about F1 cars and stuff??

Is someone else using my name??

PS It is correct though
TF
PPS My last car wasn't even a cosworth, it was a 16v astra, magnex and pipercross filter.That was fast, but my new WRX is THE FASTEST.

[Edited by The Fastest - 7/2/2002 11:17:46 AM]
Old 07 February 2002, 11:30 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oh, and if I come along to spectate would you be so kind as to take me out for a spin in your oh so fast car Mr Fastest? Then I could go out with Mellow and give him your pearls of wisdom as to lines, where the corners are etc?

[Edited by TaviaRS - 7/2/2002 11:34:41 AM]
Old 07 February 2002, 05:09 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

G the V, how dare you, unlike TF I am a long term SIDC member.

Little Miss WRX I like the idea of just two cars on a track as well, that would be a laugh, and probably should be adopted by F1 as well- Schuey and, say, Villeneuve in identical Ferraris around somewhere tight like Brands or Donington (no team orders of course)

Mellow/Chris, some of the Evo chaps coming to play,hmmmm. My real reason for not attending is that I'm down to the canvas on 2 of the slicks I got from you, and am desperately trying to find 2 more 17",however they're rarer than common sense from TF!

BTW has anyone ever seen DT-S and TF in the same picture, or is this just a ruse by Stef to bump up the attendance?

[Edited by Fat Boy - 7/2/2002 5:11:21 PM]
Old 07 February 2002, 09:12 PM
Scooby Wagon
Scooby Regular

Hi All

Been trying to sort some insurance for one of the 20 min sessions. Georgina at Edgar Lawsons was very helpful & cover for the day was OK however been quoted £80 for 8k cover for 20 mins which is probably the going rate but thought it a bit too much for such a short time.
Looks like I’ll be spectating again unless anybody has any ideas, Debbie will have to make do with a ride out with one of the instructors in an STI. Having said that she recons she would rather go with someone who knows what they are doing, cheeky mare. She has a point though but don’t tell her I said so
All should be well after renewal at the end of the month I can then get cover as an extension of the road policy from Greenlight, so the old Wagon will finally take to the track.
Good job I’m not on track, could never match The Fastest away from the lights & would be a bit worried about the scramble to the first corner!! Also my car is not very fast it cant be, its red & isn’t a WRX. Hope your not going to be too disapointed Mellow when The Fastest flashes by
See you all Sunday

Cheers Paul

[Edited by Scooby Wagon - 7/2/2002 9:15:22 PM]
Old 28 June 2002, 10:08 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Question

I've just bought an Impreza and am going to Donnington.What do I need?
Old 28 June 2002, 10:16 PM
dhorwich
Scooby Regular

petrol....petrol......petrol.....petrol

sandwiches

good brake pads/discs

good tyres

healthy car

camera

driving skills..

possibly a helmet..!

Good luck... and dont crash your scoob especially if you have just bought it..

Dan
Old 28 June 2002, 10:28 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'll fill up before I leave to ensure I have lots of petrol and my car has all the bits you say I need as its a new one, so nothing has fallen off yet.
I'll go buy a helmet in the morning then.Do I need one with the radio in it?
Do we all race together?
Old 28 June 2002, 10:40 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Question

I've read another article on here which says there will be some other cars there. Are they separate from the Subarus so they can have their own race?
Old 28 June 2002, 11:38 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
it's not a race, it's a trackday.

The format is open pit lane in the 2 major sessions so you just go out and have fun without racing anyone.

you need to book track time at the SIDC shop on the sidc website.
Old 28 June 2002, 11:43 PM
SIDC
Scooby Newbie

This is for information for anyone who is booked for the track day and has not received a Track Info Pack. If you haven't received a Track Info Pack please contact Pete at pete@sidc.co.uk for a copy.

IMPORTANT IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU BRING YOUR DRIVING LICENCE TO THE CIRCUIT AS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE CIRCUIT UNTIL YOU HAVE SHOWN IT AT REGISTRATION

Days timetable (approx)

NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED ONTO THE CIRCUIT UNTIL THEY HAVE RECEIVED A DRIVERS BRIEFING – PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME !!

08:00 – 08:35 All Day and Morning Sessions Arrival at Donington. Registration and completion of Indemnity Forms will take place in the office in the control tower. First-timers/novices (newbies!) will be issued with a sticker identifying them as such.

08:40 - 09:00 Drivers Briefing by SIDC Instructors & Clerk of the Course. The briefing will be very thorough and cover all aspects of safety, overtaking procedures and track etiquette.

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU MISS THE 8.40 BRIEFING, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE SECOND BRIEFING AT 9.30 AM.

09:00 - 09:15 Circuit open to Newbies ONLY.
This session is to help newbies become acclimatised to the circuit in their own car without the pressure of lots of faster cars around. Instructors will also be able to ride with you and offer advice. It will be lead (ducks and drakes style) for the first three laps in groups of 15. These lead drivers will then work their way through the field, whilst the new drivers maintain a slower pace for the rest of the familiarization session, so that new drivers recognize the process for overtaking and being overtaken.

09:15 - 12:40 Track Open to all Cars

11.30 – 11.50 For Short A & B Sessions Drivers Briefing by SIDC Instructors & Clerk of the Course Registration and completion of Indemnity Forms will take place in the office in the control tower. First-timers/novices (newbies!) will be issued with a sticker identifying them as such. The briefing will be very thorough and cover all aspects of safety, overtaking procedures and track etiquette.

12.40 - 13.00 Short A

12.30 – 12.50 Afternoon Sessions Drivers Briefing by SIDC Instructors & Clerk of the Course Registration and completion of Indemnity Forms will take place in the office in the control tower. First-timers/novices (newbies!) will be issued with a sticker identifying them as such. The briefing will be very thorough and cover all aspects of safety, overtaking procedures and track etiquette.

13.00 – 13.40 Track Closed for Lunch.

13:40 - 14.00 Short B

14.00 – 14.15 Circuit open to Newbies ONLY.
This session is to help newbies become acclimatised to the circuit in their own car without the pressure of lots of faster cars around. Instructors will also be able to ride with you and offer advice. It will be lead (ducks and drakes style) for the first three laps in groups of 15. These lead drivers will then work their way trhough the field, whilst the new drivers maintain a slower pace for the rest of the familiarization session, so that new drivers recognize the process for overtaking and being overtaken.

14.15 – 18.00 Track Open to all Cars

18.00 Track Closed

Enjoy the Day !!!

Old 29 June 2002, 02:02 AM
Sexy Sue Sucks...
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi there the fastest!

You sound quick! so you have just bought a new scoobie eh? hmmm

Are you going to Donno? id love to go round in a fast car as my boyfriend and i have split and he wasnt man enough to take his car on track!
To busy talking BHP what ever that is? Bullsh1t Heard Perhour? im not sure, but you must be good with that name!

maybe you could give me the ride of my life round donno? i just love them scoobies!

love SSS
Old 29 June 2002, 02:24 AM
Sexy Sue Sucks...
Scooby Regular

Question

As i only just joined scoobynet im looking if recognise any of these names.

whos this Yellow Mellow? my ex talked of this man is he on here? strange that as Yellow means frightened but my ex talked highly of this fine scooby driver.

cant remember anymore names, im having a blonde moment again!

SSS
Old 29 June 2002, 08:30 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
sss
LOL
you needn't ask for a ride with me...if you hav a throbbin *****! i've enough marks on my seats with out having anymore i can't get off!

hav a good one

[Edited by salsa-king - 6/29/2002 8:32:15 AM]
Old 29 June 2002, 08:35 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mmmmm....

I wonder....

Stef in drag maybe
Old 29 June 2002, 01:51 PM
Sexy Sue Sucks...
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi there salsa king! id make a big mark on your seat so best not then?
ill bring a bin liner to sit on!

maybe you could do abit of flamenco in the pits!

Sorry Mellow Yellow, i didnt mean to insult with the Yellow Mellow just a genuine mistake!

so whose up for it? that fastest hasnt got back yet! but i cant guarantee my head will be visible all the way round the track

Any of you brave enough down craner while im outa sight!

SSS
Old 29 June 2002, 09:48 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

Well you lot seem to know how to enjoy yourselves. I thought Donnington was a race meeting??

I ordered one of those Pelton helmets with the microphone in it today and have booked on track with the SIDC. Its all systems go. Sexy Sue you are more than welcome to come for the ride of your life in my new car, its rally car blue in colour, you can't miss it. If we're not allowed to race, is overtaking allowed?? I hope so otherwise I may get bored following others around all day long. I want to see how fast my new baby will go.
Old 30 June 2002, 07:48 AM
Barry Stir
Scooby Regular

Talking

I somehow don't think you'll be either bored or be passing many people at Donnington.

I'd like to see you pass Mellow and Stef for starters let alone a couple of very fast EVO cars too
Old 30 June 2002, 10:58 AM
Sexy Sue Sucks...
Scooby Regular

Question

Is i worth me coming along?

Barry you reckon theres yellow, stef? is that a bird? as in stephanie? and a couple of fast evo's that 4 CARS!

my ex used to talk of lots of fast cars! i thought this donno bash would riddled with throbbin motors!

ill try you out fastest as my ex will be at the grand ****** dreaming about going on track!

SSS
Old 30 June 2002, 11:02 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
as it looks like you've never done 'track' b4 you'll open your eyes to how to drive!!!!!!!
its not as easy as it looks or you might think!

yes you can over take (on the left only)
no racing!

don't 4get ppl are in the cars they drive to the day in and wanna drive back in!

pushing your self can end in tears! I know!

Phil
Old 01 July 2002, 10:58 AM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

I've not been on a track before, but have watched it a lot. How will I know who Mellow and Stephanie are?? What colour are their cars? I have never been in an evo, but I'm sure they can't be any faster than mine - I can't wait to get on the race track.

SalsaKing why do you say its difficult to drive on a track? Surely a big wide track should be easy enough for you. I'm glad I can overtake, but why only on the left seems odd don't you think.
Old 01 July 2002, 12:31 PM
KevanF
Scooby Newbie

I think a newbie session with an instructor in the passenger seat may help here!

IT IS NOT A RACEDAY!
Old 01 July 2002, 12:34 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
First lap on a track you'll be thinking 'What the f... am I DOING!' - I did, then the fun begins. My first (and so far only) track day was at Donington.
Don't try and be a hero on the first lap - someone tried this at Trax 2001 Silverstone last year and ended up rolling his car at the first corner(and incidentally getting the whole session cancelled for 29 other drivers). Build up over a few laps, follow the rules as laid out in the track pack, and don't worry too much if you can't catch the car in front IT IS NOT A RACE. Remember, you've got to drive your car home at the end of the day, and so has everyone else. Be sensible, be safe and have fun.
Oh and be careful of Coppice - you can't see the corner as you go into it and it's easy to go in too fast, then get your car 'slightly' sideways when you lift off/brake that bit too hard as you're turning in (I'm speaking from experience here). I was lucky in that I didn't fall off the black stuff.
Old 01 July 2002, 12:43 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

TonyG, you sound like my type of person, sideways round the corners. Ace. You must have to go fast to get a subaru sideways - mine grips like mad - my tyres have lots of grip on them.

KevaF - if you need a little insruction I'd be glad to help out.Give me a shout on Sunday.
TF.
Old 01 July 2002, 12:54 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LMFAO.... **** your a scream...

Worse still is everyone falling for it

Wake up and smell the Roses

P.s; Your middle name's not Popeye is it
Old 01 July 2002, 03:32 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
er, I wasn't deliberately going sideways on the track - just got it a bit wrong. Like I said, I think I was lucky that I didn't fall off the black stuff. Next lap or two was driven a bit slower while I aired out the car (feel the fear? I was sitting in it ) and got my confidence back a bit.
Old 01 July 2002, 03:38 PM
The Fastest
Scooby Regular

I find it hard to believe you couldn't keep it on the track. My car sticks like stuff to a blanket (or your seat by the sound of things ) If you do go off theres lots of grass isn't there so its OK.

I won't be driving any laps slow, I'm going to pass all in sight.
Hope to see you on Sunday - mines a new blue Impreza, what have you got ?

Quick Reply: Donnington