evo 'How Fast' trackday 31 October Bedford Autodrome - Subaru Enthusiast Forum - ScoobyNet.com



evo 'How Fast' trackday 31 October Bedford Autodrome

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09 July 2015, 01:15 PM   #1
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default evo 'How Fast' trackday 31 October Bedford Autodrome

I've just signed up for this:
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/16275/evo-...-sky-insurance

One hour of track time followed by 2 timed laps (with max 3 cars on track during timed laps) for 75 (if you do the early session) or 100 for the later ones.

Anyone else doing it?
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2015, 05:32 PM   #2
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

That sounds interesting, quite fancy that. Me likes the timed laps. Why is the earlier session cheaper? Any idea?
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2015, 05:42 PM   #3
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S204Darren View Post
That sounds interesting, quite fancy that. Me likes the timed laps. Why is the earlier session cheaper? Any idea?
To get the slackers out of bed I suppose!


boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2015, 05:56 PM   #4
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

Just booked the 10am session. Looking forward to this, never been to an EVO event.
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2015, 06:26 PM   #5
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S204Darren View Post
Just booked the 10am session. Looking forward to this, never been to an EVO event.
Me neither, and haven't done any track time in my Impreza yet. Already thinking about suspension upgrades!

Did you book for the session doing timed runs at 10am, or the one with sign-on starting at 10am? I am doing the early one, sign-on at 8.

Either way will try to say hello. Mine's an 05 WRX Wagon with the PPP, otherwise totally stock.
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2015, 06:34 PM   #6
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

It's 2 hours at least for me probably more like 2 1/2 with my trailer so I'm booking on at 10. Please come and say hello I'll be in a white blob Spec C. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the event. See October.
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2015, 11:05 AM   #7
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S204Darren View Post
It's 2 hours at least for me probably more like 2 1/2 with my trailer so I'm booking on at 10. Please come and say hello
Oh duh, I just looked up where the track actually is and it's 2 hours' drive for me too! So rather than leaving the house at 0530 I have booked on to the second session instead, so will definitely see you there.
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2015, 10:36 PM   #8
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
Oh duh, I just looked up where the track actually is and it's 2 hours' drive for me too! So rather than leaving the house at 0530 I have booked on to the second session instead, so will definitely see you there.
Good lad fair play. See you then
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2015, 02:32 PM   #9
matieboy
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 252
Default

Looks like it could be fun never been to Bedford was going to give a go but we normally end up at brands or silverstone I'm definitely up for a go.
matieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2015, 08:57 PM   #10
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

Not long now fingers crossed my car is ready in time. Really looking forward to this you never know it might not rain!
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2015, 10:57 AM   #11
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S204Darren View Post
Not long now fingers crossed my car is ready in time. Really looking forward to this you never know it might not rain!
Hehe, even if it does at least the 4WD will be good for us! I'm getting coilovers fitted today, gives them a week to settle before I get the alignment done.
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 November 2015, 04:49 PM   #12
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S204Darren View Post
Not long now fingers crossed my car is ready in time. Really looking forward to this you never know it might not rain!
Didn't see you there so I'm guessing your car wasn't ready after all?
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 November 2015, 11:17 PM   #13
S204Darren
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Redditch
Posts: 865
Default

No mate not ready my car is now off to Scotland for a engine refresh in the next 3 weeks courtesy of the previous owner as promised before I bought it, a top man. I've fitted a wide arch kit , fitted some wide track spec c RA 114.3 hubs and purchased some 10" wheels just need some seat time at the track to get used to the extra power and sequential gear box. Looking for some big aero for time attack next season.
S204Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2015, 02:13 PM   #14
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Put a lap up on YouTube if anyone is interested. I wasn't the fastest (or slowest!) in the session and was getting plenty of understeer, but it was fun all the same.

Need to sort brakes next!
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2016, 08:06 PM   #15
LoganS
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Essex
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
Put a lap up on YouTube if anyone is interested. I wasn't the fastest (or slowest!) in the session and was getting plenty of understeer, but it was fun all the same.
Evo 'How Fast' track session at Bedford Autodrome - YouTube

Need to sort brakes next!
Sorry old thread....

What did you use to make the video?

Really looks good.
LoganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2016, 12:03 PM   #16
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganS View Post
Sorry old thread....

What did you use to make the video?

Really looks good.
Thanks - filmed on 2 GoPro cameras (one under the rear view mirror, the other attached to passenger seat), cut together with added music by a friend. The speed/revs/position data came from a bluetooth dongle thing in the OBDII port and were the added to the video using the lap timing app on my phone, RaceChrono.
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2016, 01:30 PM   #17
LoganS
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Essex
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
Thanks - filmed on 2 GoPro cameras (one under the rear view mirror, the other attached to passenger seat), cut together with added music by a friend. The speed/revs/position data came from a bluetooth dongle thing in the OBDII port and were the added to the video using the lap timing app on my phone, RaceChrono.
Thanks for the reply, Im going to brands in a couple of weeks and will be good to get some footage. If I can get a decent phone mount I was going to try track addict, Depending on how that comes out I may invest in a go pro and use RaceChrono the next time then.
LoganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2016, 02:09 PM   #18
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganS View Post
Thanks for the reply, Im going to brands in a couple of weeks and will be good to get some footage. If I can get a decent phone mount I was going to try track addict, Depending on how that comes out I may invest in a go pro and use RaceChrono the next time then.
RaceChrono free version has quite a few features (but not the OBDII data stuff) so you might find it's good enough for what you need anyway - certainly it will do laptimes and already has Brands as a track layout so it knows where the start/finish line is and will do splits.

I think I had a go with the free version of Track Addict but they didn't have Bedford Autodrome. Didn't like the interface much either, but that's probably more of a personal choice.

Hope your track time goes well!
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2016, 02:46 PM   #19
LoganS
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Essex
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
RaceChrono free version has quite a few features (but not the OBDII data stuff) so you might find it's good enough for what you need anyway - certainly it will do laptimes and already has Brands as a track layout so it knows where the start/finish line is and will do splits.

I think I had a go with the free version of Track Addict but they didn't have Bedford Autodrome. Didn't like the interface much either, but that's probably more of a personal choice.

Hope your track time goes well!
I'll definitley check it out before I go then, might have a go with both and see which is better for me.

Cheers, Other then this I've only done a limits day at north Weald. It's an amateur track day for brands and I have booked some tuition so will be good to see how I do before and after.

Are you thinking of going to how fast again this year?
LoganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2016, 03:04 PM   #20
boggissimo
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kent
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganS View Post
I'll definitley check it out before I go then, might have a go with both and see which is better for me.

Cheers, Other then this I've only done a limits day at north Weald. It's an amateur track day for brands and I have booked some tuition so will be good to see how I do before and after.

Are you thinking of going to how fast again this year?
Not sure yet, it was great but quite a trek to Bedford from Kent, when Brands Hatch is about 10 minutes away!
boggissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wingnuttzz Fresh Import JDM Impreza STI Widetrack Wingnuttzz Member's Gallery 29 16 June 2016 08:29 PM
2004 (54) Blue JDM Widetrack STi Fresh Import KAS35RSTI Subaru 21 03 February 2016 05:13 PM
Twenty years of evolution g7prs Member's Gallery 34 24 January 2016 07:46 PM
24 Hour 20% Offer [email protected] Trader Announcements 25 02 October 2015 08:52 PM
Evo Handling - 40 seconds in . . . JDM_Stig Other Marques 23 02 October 2015 08:47 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 AM.