TOTB Find out the latest news/discussion regarding Ten Of The best

Litter

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2007, 08:18 AM
Rill
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Litter

My first ten of the best and I loved every minute of it, right up until I left.

I couldn't be ar*ed rushing for the gate with everyone else at the end so a couple of mates and I decided to have a last mooch around the stands before we returned to the car. When we did finally leave, because we were parked right at the far end of the runway, we had to walk virtually the full length of the car parking area and I have to say we were disgusted by the amount of litter that had been left there. Soiled nappies, beer bottles, cans, plastic bags, food wrappers, the list goes on.

What with the complaints/legal action regarding noise from the Wheldrake residents this really is something we can do without. I feel sorry for those that will have to perform the clean up.

A wise man once said that society is made up of just two groups. The givers and the takers. I think he had a point.
Old 30 July 2007, 10:34 AM
Flix
Scooby Regular

I totally agree with you Rill,but this is modern society for you.
There were plenty of bins around, so you cant blame the organisers, why are people so idle, any waste should be taken home.
Old 30 July 2007, 11:34 AM
Rill
Scooby Regular

Yep, I should have mentioned that there were plenty of bins on site in my original post. Thanks for the heads up Flix!

I lay no blame on the organisers whatsoever, just a sad indictment on society I'm afraid.
Old 30 July 2007, 11:54 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

I fully agree with the comments, no blame can be laid at the feet of the organisers.

What was most disappointing was thatmost of the rubbish was around the car park, so people didn't even have the excuse of not knowing where to put the rubbish as they could have kept it in their car until they got home!!!
Old 30 July 2007, 12:00 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

It was even announced over the tannoy several times. I was a good egg, I took all mine home.
I even saw some people dropping it on the floor next to the bin, when the lid was open
Society certainly has changed
Old 30 July 2007, 02:33 PM
bishop
Scooby Regular

We have Just got back from Elvington it is now 2.10 monday it has taken untill now to finish the clean up and we are all absolutely knackerd all the runways had to be spotless form midday today for F1 testing over the next three days,, But it was a good event as far as Straightliners are concerned
Bishop(Straightliners)
Old 30 July 2007, 02:42 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I noticed the litter too....even saw one heap on fire I think!!

My little lad had a drink on the way from the car to the event area, and I carried the empty bottle with me until I found a bin. The litter we had back at the car came home with me and it went in the wheelie bin.

I guess some elements of society just don't give a ****!!

However..........maybe there should have been some bins on the car park runway too, that may have helped a bit.