Notices

Bug Eye WRX Rear Trailing Arms

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2013, 07:29 PM
Jafo666
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug Eye WRX Rear Trailing Arms

Hi everyone, got a bug eye wrx a week ago and put it over a pit at work today as i have a clunk from the rear (got a feeling its struts after reading various threads) it happens when coming to a stop and accelerating from a stop and the whole back end drops, whilst on the pit i noticed the rear droplinks have a little play so easy repair there, but also the rear trailing arm bushes where it mounts to the body, whats best to do with these?

1. Get genuine bushes and replace
2. Get uprated bushes and replace
3. Take a chance on a second hand pair being better than mine?

The thing that puts me off changing the bushes on mine is the time taken to push in / out without the proper tools, i work in the motor trade and have access to a press but would possibly need the right sized adapter for the bush, so thought about trying to source a second hand pair of trailing arms and overhaul them then its a straight swap.....

What you guys think?

Thanks
Old 08 March 2013, 08:02 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jafo666
Hi everyone, got a bug eye wrx a week ago and put it over a pit at work today as i have a clunk from the rear (got a feeling its struts after reading various threads) it happens when coming to a stop and accelerating from a stop and the whole back end drops, whilst on the pit i noticed the rear droplinks have a little play so easy repair there, but also the rear trailing arm bushes where it mounts to the body, whats best to do with these?

1. Get genuine bushes and replace
2. Get uprated bushes and replace
3. Take a chance on a second hand pair being better than mine?

The thing that puts me off changing the bushes on mine is the time taken to push in / out without the proper tools, i work in the motor trade and have access to a press but would possibly need the right sized adapter for the bush, so thought about trying to source a second hand pair of trailing arms and overhaul them then its a straight swap.....

What you guys think?

Thanks
That makes sense. And i have a set for 10quid +postage from an 04 wrx will bolt straight on
Old 08 March 2013, 08:10 PM
Jafo666
Scooby Regular

Posted price??

Thanks
Old 08 March 2013, 09:09 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

I've bought a spare set and in the process of rebushing them all and painting at the same time, i was sent one that's the wrong length so trying to source a single arm at the moment.

I got all my uprated bushes from ebay and worked out about 3/4 of the price they would if buying direct.