Eibach Springs or AST Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2010, 10:13 AM
JustCallMeMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Springs or AST Kit?

Hi,

Want to improve the handling, ride and steering feedback of my 2007 Hawkeye STI, (currently set up on Prodrive springs), especially on the basis that it's running 390 / 410 thanks to Bob Rawle and a number of sensible upgrades.

I use the car for fast road and occasional track use plus am off to the Nurburgring and Spa with my boy later this year.

Want to take the car to Powerstation who offer the following packages, which seem well priced, inclusive of fitting but obviously there is a big £ difference between the two solutions.

Stage 2
Eibach Springs
Rear Adjustable Roll Bar
Anti-Lift Kit
Front Adjustable Roll Bar
4-Wheel Alignment
£720* + VAT

or

Stage 3 - T25 Spec Kit
AST Sport-Line Suspension Kit
Rear Adjustable Roll Bar
Anti-Lift Kit
Front Adjustable Roll Bar
4-Wheel Alignment
£1695* + VAT

So would welcome your opinions with regards the real differences / benefits of the AST set up over the Eibach one and also whether the Eibach springs will actually be any different to my current Prodrive ones?

Also is it wise to get new droplinks, (if necessary), and would a front and rear strut brace be of any additional benefit, especially considering that new, adjustable arbs will be fitted.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 20 May 2010, 03:01 PM
henrysmith
Scooby Regular

Default Powerstation Stage 3 - Type 25 suspension

Prodrive springs are made/designed by Eibach, so a Subaru dealer has informed me.

I have a GB270 wagon (Hawkeye WRX with Prodrive bits - springs and a 19mm rear ARB by either Subaru or Prodrive - no one really seems to know)

Anyway, I went for the Powerstation stage 3 mod including alloy drop links front and rear - as amazingly they are plastic on some Subaru's. Best mod I've ever done to a car and it took a full 8 hours of work to do so price seemed reasonable to me when you work out against other coilovers.

The car is better in all respects in my opinion - except rumble strips or roads that have continual potholes that act like very deep rumble strips - it seems to set up a progressive vibration that gets worse and worse.

Car handles far far better and is less 'bouncy' and 'floaty' (technical terms there).

tyres seem to be lasting longer as well now - not sure if this is becuase it stays flatter and therefore spreads the load over the tyre more evenly rather than tearing the edges off?

Let us know how you get on.
Old 20 May 2010, 05:55 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

Hi mate sent you a pm , cheers steve.
Old 25 May 2010, 08:20 PM
WR-one
Scooby Regular

Default AST 3 way competition coilovers

I have some of these for sale on ebay - the dogs...
Old 25 May 2010, 10:05 PM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

POWERSTATION...... !...........

IMHO..... the stage 2 works good on my54 sti but if you value customer service then use those 390 ponys at your disposal to get as far away from powerstation as possible !!!

i love these powerstation threads...... gives me chance to finally get value for money.........

please do yourself a favour and use someone who isnt gonna take ya hard earned and then tell you to **** off !

just one more cos i can... powerstation
Old 27 May 2010, 10:39 PM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

Good god i take it your not impressed with them, i have allways been lead to beleive they were one of the best around.
Old 29 May 2010, 09:43 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I can recommend Eibach coilovers for the road having come "off" Eibach springs and the oem shocks. I had an uprated rear arb fitted and all done by revolution up north. Of course i could not resist new wheels and tyres, LOL.
Anyway, car feels superb BUT, it does feel harsher at times and is of course not as gentle as before. I like it, the missus has got used to it now also and when i drive it "properly" it is superb. Feels planted, steady, superb now and the new wheels and tyres just add to the feel. Revolution did a superb job and on another note, it is the best wheel balancing i have ever had done.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:00 AM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

Hi madass what did the coil over kit cost you including fitting, cheers steve.
Old 30 May 2010, 11:03 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Prices are on the website Steve, here http://www.just-subaru.com/suspensio...e-69509-0.html
£940 for the coilovers, fitting you will need to ask them about as i had other stuff done at the same time and so the cost included all of the work and not just the coilovers.
Factor in the alignment costs, etc as well, so a quick call to them may be better
Old 30 May 2010, 11:11 AM
a16pse
Scooby Regular

im also in notts mate , where abouts in notts are you from