Notices

Worn Suspension Advice - 2007 STI Spec D

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2010, 04:30 PM
gixer1979
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worn Suspension Advice - 2007 STI Spec D

I have recently had a service done on my 2007 STI at the Scooby Clinic in Chesterfield and they advised me that the front shocks have "slight play" in them. I asked them what the best solution was and they said new front shocks.

I was curious to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and if they had any joy warranty wise as the car has had a very easy life and only done 5k.

I have no knocking noises or anything at present and the chap at the clinic advised run it until they r gone stating i'd know when they were totally shot.

If new shocks are the only option im assuming aftermarket ones would be better than OEM parts and if so has anyone got any advice on what type i should go for. I did a quick google search and found a full set of BC's for £670 which didn't sound bad to me.

While im on the subject of front suspension my 2007 Forester has a slight creaking / squeaking noise from the near side front when driving over speed humps. My initial thought was drop links but if anyone has any other ideas / advice it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers Folks
Old 25 March 2010, 05:42 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hi mate .... i have a blobeye sti and when that was just under 3 years old the rear shocks went.... all changed under warrenty no hassle no problems.... and then if you want to change for bc etc sell on as in new working order
Old 26 March 2010, 12:40 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Common fault all New ages suffer from it worse on the wider track models , set of BC's will put you right for couple of years

Depending how gone it is wait until it is completely knackered hopefully the other will start by then
Old 26 March 2010, 06:28 AM
Setright
Scooby Regular

Forester squeak:

Spray some thin underbody sealer into the lower spring seats, these can get noisy if bone dry.

Check the brake pad shims in the calipers...if not centered, they will rub the brake disc and squeal on occasion.....a tricky one to find, but since I've been there and done that...I give you this advice for free

Obviously, the ARB can get noisy. Grease up the bushings and the pivots.