Notices

Anti-Lift Kit, Sway Bar bits and Eibachs

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2002, 09:30 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one or two suspension bits and bobs and was wondering if those bits and bobs mentioned in the subject work well together?

Has anyone got Anti-Lift, Sway bits and bobs, Prodrive Geometry settings and Eibachs?

I realise that the best option would probably be to go for a full suspension kit but the pennies won't stretch to that at the mo :-\

What would you recommend and do you know of anywhere that can fit all of that stuff? TSL? ScoobyMania? ScoobySport?

ta,
Matt.
Old 25 March 2002, 10:34 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Matt,

I would say if you are doing all those bits, you might as well go to Powerstation and have the bump steer mod done as well.

But I would say that....
Old 25 March 2002, 06:07 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yep, we can supply and fit all of that, I had all but the springs on my STi 5 type R and the handling was awesome.

Mike. (Scooby Mania)
Old 25 March 2002, 06:43 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Mike,

Could you drop me an E-Mail with a rough price including fitting pls and roughly how long it takes?

thanks,
Matt.
Old 26 March 2002, 01:10 PM
Trouser @TSL
Scooby Regular

Cool

Matt.. you have mail sir!
Old 27 March 2002, 06:16 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Matt,

What you want sir is Eibach Springs, Bump Steer Mod, Anti Lift kit and Geometry all done at Powerstation. I did and the car is superb!!!!! (I wouldn't uprate the anti-roll bars 'cos I want it to be as compliant in the wet too but that's just IMHO )

Matt
Old 28 March 2002, 03:28 AM
catflap
Scooby Regular

Talking

How does the anti-roll bar affect grip and handeling in wet?
Old 28 March 2002, 07:53 AM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Generally speaking the "softer" the suspension is and less "resistance" to roll there is in the car, the less the tyres are going to be asked to do their job and theoretically the more grip they will give in low grip situations.

Stiffer ARB's are great in the dry but I don't like the side effects in the wet. Also, I've got a friend who used to work for Touring Car teams as a Race Engineer and he told me to have the softest ARB setup that I could get away with/live with in the dry for the most compliant handling.....

Once again all just IMHO

Matt
Old 29 March 2002, 02:59 AM
daw
Scooby Regular

Mutant Matt,
That's exactly the opposite to what the V8 Supercars do here. They generally run softer springs but have stiffer bars to give more compliant handling over some of the slightly bumpier tracks here in Australia. Hmmm

Mattski,
I'd say go for a 22mm adjustable rear bar. That way you can play with the settings and decide what you like. Personally, I leave mine on the stiffest setting. I'm also running 2mm total toe out on the rear.

David

Old 29 March 2002, 03:15 AM
RT
Scooby Regular

FWIW, I'm running a MRT adjustable rear 22mm ARB, std front. Car still understeers under power in the wet, but no where near as badly as std.

Just a thot, you may want to get a pillowball camber adjustable top mount for the front suspension. We have found (thru trial and error), that the TEIN's front top mounts for the GC rexes (camber adj, pillowball etc) can be installed on the MY01s with no modifications.

AND! Static castor is increased if you mount the right on the left side vice versa. This way you have the added benefit of camber adjustability and anti-lift properties for about the same price as a dedicated ALK!