Notices

KSport Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2010, 10:53 PM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KSport Suspension

Im thinking about getting some KSport coilovers, anyone on here have some relative feedback on the ride, quality against others, particularly super streets and mono-flex etc... other brands too.

Anyone advise against KSport suspension and or recommend an alternative. Fast road and light track only before you ask LOL

Would be good to know

-a
Old 07 January 2010, 11:40 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

iv been advised against k-sport coilovers by a reputable dealer on here, theyre not up to much apparently
Old 08 January 2010, 01:07 PM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Take it the BC series stuff is pretty good? Seems to be a few people running it on here!

Anyone running BC coilovers with anything to add?

-a
Old 08 January 2010, 01:16 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...-knocking.html
Old 08 January 2010, 01:30 PM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Interesting read, are there any coilovers that people on here swear by? Could do without hassles straight away with a new setup!

-a
Old 08 January 2010, 06:25 PM
New_scooby_04

My advice for a car that sees mainly road use (unless your spings and dampers are past their best) would be to retain them and tighten the existing set up with upgraded ARBs, droplinks and a really good geometry set up.

If you must go for coilovers, I can vouch for the Eibachs, which give an STi + type ride but excellent body control. EXE-TC also very good in this respect by all accounts - yet to have a go in a car with them fitted.

Don't go for anything too hard; if you use the car on the road mainly they'll compromise your enjoyment of the car badly.

Tein Superstreets (from experience) A1 quality, EDFC a masterstroke - all adjustable damping should be done that way - but if you crank the dampers up to the point where it feels like they want to be, it's a little over-kill for road use IMHO. I got shot of mine and went to the Eibachs.

Also, don't bother with solid mounts, rubber ones are there for a reason on a road car....trust me on that one!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 08 January 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10 January 2010, 10:33 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exe-tc are the way forward if you can save a little longer.NO worries about knocking,rust and first class warranty http://www.exe-tc.co.uk/product_imag...AST%20ROAD.pdf
Old 11 January 2010, 09:35 AM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Nice one chaps. After speaking with a few people it would seem as if exe-tc are the crem de la crem of suspension manufacturers. I did some research into what Norris run on their champ evo, they're running the GAS filled ER series from BC. By all accounts they are superb and slightly cheaper. It seems you have to spend a fair bit of cash to get a happy medium on the aftermarket!

I would entertain keeping the original suspension and stiffening, but i have a faulty shock which needs to go so... The car is a weekend toy now so daily driving no longer poses the problems it used to when it was my only form of transport.

Tempted for the exe-tc or ER BC's except with the BC's i'll have to get a special kit made up as the car is not standard. They work out about £500 cheaper all in.

The ride in TEINS i found was incredibly stiff, that said, the best handling car i ever went in was an RA with TEIN RA suspension.. awesome.