Notices

Roll centre adjust kit advice

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2009, 06:28 PM
urnut
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll centre adjust kit advice

Hello everybody, I have just purchased a Whiteline roll centre adjustment kit and plan on fitting it on the next few days. Could anybody who has already fitted one to their scooby tell me what torque settings they used for the bolts. Also any other general advice when fitting one, it's going on a 2002 sti, would be much appriciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Old 19 August 2009, 06:25 PM
steviecrump
Scooby Regular

I have just fitted one.The bottom ball joints are hard to get out. Undo the bolt in the wishbone first and use a bar to get it out.then split the joint.
Old 19 August 2009, 07:56 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Put a set om my 02 STi a month ago, yes the lower ball joints are a pig to get out. Just be patient and use controlled force. I removed the ball joint nut prior to the pinch bolt then fitted it back spaced with a few washers so I would not struggle loosening it after. With the pinch bolt removed I tapped a metal screwdriver into the cut to ease it slightly then pounded the end of a metal bar going over the lower arm and under the subframe. When it came to refitting I used some light grade sandpaper to gently clean the hole in the strut and once wiped out with a damp cloth smeared the base of the ball joint with copper based grease before re-installing it. Will try to find the torque settings and post them shortly.