Notices

HARDRACE lateral arms

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2009, 11:24 PM
Optical
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HARDRACE lateral arms

Has anyone used these or even seen them close up?

I'm currently using STI pillowball arms, which are great, but now want adjustability.

They seem to do versions with both hard rubber and ball joints... Does anyone know if this is correct?

Ive emailed them several times but get no response.

Any info aprpeciated
Old 14 July 2009, 09:14 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Try Bren @ Apex Performance.

He of group buy fame...

HTH

dunx
Old 23 July 2009, 03:14 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of the rose jointed ones fitted to my race RA. They are pretty good but not sure if they are right for a road car. They are VERY noisy and would drive you mad after a while. They are also fiddly to adjust, because the adjustment is done at the ends of the bars the inner lock nut is very hard to tighten as it is close to the subframe. I have buffed the subframe a little and also ground down a spannner to fit and even now it is awkward.

In my opinion for a road car I would go with the whiteline items which have poly bushes and are adjusted in the centre.
There are some pics of the adjustable arms at the end of page 1 of my project thread and some later on fitted. I painted them red they were originally a horrible green colour. Hope this helps

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ventually.html
Old 23 July 2009, 10:20 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arch
I have a set of the rose jointed ones fitted to my race RA. They are pretty good but not sure if they are right for a road car. They are VERY noisy and would drive you mad after a while. They are also fiddly to adjust, because the adjustment is done at the ends of the bars the inner lock nut is very hard to tighten as it is close to the subframe. I have buffed the subframe a little and also ground down a spannner to fit and even now it is awkward.

In my opinion for a road car I would go with the whiteline items which have poly bushes and are adjusted in the centre.
There are some pics of the adjustable arms at the end of page 1 of my project thread and some later on fitted. I painted them red they were originally a horrible green colour. Hope this helps

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ventually.html
as arch said the whiteline rear arms are better for road use ,being poly bushed and are also stronger than other types and easy to adjust.
you can use a toe-lock kit to keep the adjustment solid ,again a whiteline part or continue to use the o/e toe adjuster

there are 4 arms in a kit ,also the other parts are subframe lock kit ,2 bolts
the adjustment is done in the centre not at the ends
cheers geo
Old 01 August 2009, 03:39 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

We ran them on our STi6 and they were silent, absolutely no noise at all. Theres no part of them that can make a noise unless one of the joints has failed as theres no movement to produce the noise in the first instance.

We can supply the full Hardrace range and I can confirm that they do indeed offer them with both rubber and jointed ends

Zen were impressed with the KSport version of the same kit and fitted them to a 500bhp very sucessful sprint car they maintain. We have one set of KSport on the shelf, normally £395, Ill do them a £299 as a special We wont repeat the offer once theyve gone. 01274 683633
Old 01 August 2009, 03:45 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Just to clarify, Arch DOESNT run the Hardrace product so he hasnt tried the ones youre looking at and theyre not the same as the ones fitted to my car. Hes run the KSport ones as in my post above. Again, theres no reason why they should be noisy as theres nothing there to generate noise. If theres movement then by definition theres movement and must also be a worn/failed bearing. However I havent tried these personally.
Old 09 February 2010, 03:53 PM
Mickle
Scooby Regular

I know it's an old post, but you don't happen to have that KSport set still for £299?

I need a set asap.
Old 09 February 2010, 04:04 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Yeah we have a set
Old 12 May 2012, 10:55 PM
leecalcars
Scooby Regular

after some lateral arms have you any bren ?
Old 14 May 2012, 03:28 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Which ones:

Non adjustable bushed
Adjustable bushed
Non adjustable rose jointed
Adjustable rose jointed