Notices

Wrong front drop links?

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 08:38 PM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wrong front drop links?

Recently bought some second hand Whiteline front drop links for my MY00 UK classic.

Anyhow, I fear I've got the wrong ones: they seem too thick and will not fit into the 'bracket', i.e where the bottom is fastened, using just hand pressure. These are them:

Do you need to be more forceful, e.g. grease and hammer or are these the ones for New Age cars. Sorry don't have a part number.

Thanks
Nick
Old 01 September 2008, 09:29 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_Cat
Recently bought some second hand Whiteline front drop links for my MY00 UK classic.

Anyhow, I fear I've got the wrong ones: they seem too thick and will not fit into the 'bracket', i.e where the bottom is fastened, using just hand pressure. These are them:

Do you need to be more forceful, e.g. grease and hammer or are these the ones for New Age cars. Sorry don't have a part number.

Thanks
Nick
these d/links are for the steel arms and should fit no problem ,widen the bracket slightly ,grease up the bush and away you go m8 geo
Old 03 September 2008, 10:40 AM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Ok, thanks will have a go - just hope the bracket doesn't split.
Nick
Old 03 September 2008, 05:43 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

Nick i replaced the front droplinks on my classic wrx wagon (steel arms) and they pushed in by hand with the grease... i mean they were tight, but tight like "ahh, good fit" rather then "ooh ****". same with my rear droplinks. no where near needing to bend the bracket at all!! my droplinks are all whiteline steelies, so maybe the alloy units are a tighter fit wouldn't have thought so!
Old 03 September 2008, 06:38 PM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AshMurc
Nick i replaced the front droplinks on my classic wrx wagon (steel arms) and they pushed in by hand with the grease... i mean they were tight, but tight like "ahh, good fit" rather then "ooh ****". same with my rear droplinks. no where near needing to bend the bracket at all!! my droplinks are all whiteline steelies, so maybe the alloy units are a tighter fit wouldn't have thought so!
Thanks, to be on the safe side I've attached a photo. Sorry that the quality isn't very good but I had to hold the camera with one hand while holding the Whiteline DL against the bracket. It looked to me like there is at least a mm more on either side.

Cheers
Nick
Old 03 September 2008, 09:49 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

make it have it, there the ones for steel arms, alloy ones are totally different.
Old 04 September 2008, 10:08 AM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Hi Nick,

As I sold you these I definately thought they were KLC30 for classics but looking at this they may be klc32 for the newage.

Difference Between KLC30 and KLC32 Endlinks? [Archive] - SuspensionParts.info

Can you measure the holes and see if they are both the same size if so they are KLC32 and arent for the classic.

If so send them back to me & I will send you the money back.

Sorry if they are - whitelines application list didnt mention any other types so I assumed they were KLC30.

Darren
Old 04 September 2008, 09:01 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick_Cat
Thanks, to be on the safe side I've attached a photo. Sorry that the quality isn't very good but I had to hold the camera with one hand while holding the Whiteline DL against the bracket. It looked to me like there is at least a mm more on either side.

Cheers
Nick
hmmm, that looks a bit tight to me!!! little tricky to see from the photo tho I still don't think you should need to force the hell out of them for them to fit... the polyeutherane does squish a bit... but like i say just going on my steel ones, but i can not see how the alloy ones would be massively tighter

Last edited by AshMurc; 04 September 2008 at 09:05 PM.