Notices

Koni Inserts for USDM 04 STi

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2007, 05:43 AM
SekretSkwirl02
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni Inserts for USDM 04 STi

Koni INSERTS in 03 WRX strut housings. Cut and drilled to fit. Powdercoated my favorite colour: " Congratulations it's a Girl Pink" or Cherry Blossom if you must. This job is easy even for girl like me Cost for the whole job including the 50 US for coating 1025$ US and the best money I've spent on any Impreza so far. These work just peachy on my 04 usdm STi. Re-Valved for B roads and back lanes by 'PSi' on the Infineon Raceway grounds these are by far the finest dampers I've driven on. Bruce a freindly Brit' is the main tech there and a wizard when it comes to dampening. A steal at the price. Ride quality on B roads is smoother than Mums' morning ritual! Car runs FLAT through the bends and rock solid over 160 K. Single adjustable 2 turns and able to handle a wide range of springs make these a great one strut for all seasons. The set-up drops the car appx. 20mm over a stock STi. I love them more than the AST Sportling 2's, Whiteline G4's and KYB' I've had. This is my third Impreza (RS and WRX also) and have been through 7 different suspension set-ups to get to this point. whew! Finally I am happy. Bonus: these are SILENT, NO NOISES what so ever

Pre-assembly:

12mm-1.5/5cm bolt and spacers are used to 'draw' the strut insert into the housing. This particular bolt had a 17mm head. It is a tight fit so a small spanner will not work here. A good 1/2 drive socket is a must

The struts are held in place by a bolt and washers from the bottom. An 8 mm allen head socket is the key here

Assembled strut and housing:

All together now. Just add 04 STi springs and 'tops. Tada! Who said girls can't twist a spanner? It does help when you have a brother who spends more time at the track than with the miss and lads.LOL

Last edited by SekretSkwirl02; 03 May 2007 at 06:29 AM. Reason: adding picture to text