Notices

what to go for???

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2007, 06:36 PM
scooby1979
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to go for???

Am thinking of sorting out my suspension on MY00 classic uk turbo and have two options that I can take, but don't know which one to use.
Was wondering if you guys could help me and tell me why you think that option is better.

option 1 is eibach springs and kyb agx shocks
option 2 is eibach pro street s coilover kit

Thanks
Nitin
Old 21 January 2007, 07:33 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're not really similar options though are they? And it also depends on how you use your car.

What I can tell you is that there a lot of drivers who have done option 1, whether with AGX or the standard KYB gas shocks, who are very happy with how that rides on UK roads of all kinds.

Whether you need coilovers or think it's worth the extra money is down to you. Depends if you do a lot of circuit driving/trackdays I suppose. Best thing is to have a go in someone's Scoob with Eibach/KYB combo and see how you like it. Then imagine a harsher ride even on the softest setting with the ability to raise and lower your suspension, after having paid a lot more money, and that's what your coilovers will be like. IMHO
Old 21 January 2007, 07:39 PM
Dan 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would using P1 Springs with either standard KYB or off the shelf Bilsteins be a good compromise for the same year of car ?

Or is it purely down to personal taste.?
Old 23 January 2007, 02:43 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned already, have a very clear idea of how you want to use your car track/drag/road and then buy the best you can afford.

I learnt the hard way by 1) trying to do the cheapest I could and 2) being ill advised by a so called (and usually well regarded) tuner)

and so had the 1st lot of mods taken off and paid for more expensive but an infintely better set-up