Notices

Changing rear struts

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2006, 06:47 AM
RyanWRX13
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing rear struts

How easy/difficult is it to change rear struts on Classic's ? Might sound like a daft question - but I've never done it before. I've got a set of spring clamps to change springs. All info greatfully accepted - hoping to do this at the weekend . Even if someone in the know is local their more than welcome to give me a hand ( well me help them and watch over their shoulder ).

Cheers Paul.
Old 29 September 2006, 08:57 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Paul,
i've got instructions for new age springs with a couple of pics in a copy of True Grip. dont know how different classics would be. will drop it over if you need it. would give you a hand but at Japfest this weekend, might need them spring clamps for a weekend though .

Lee
Old 30 September 2006, 10:14 AM
timmccr
Scooby Regular

Probably the most awkward part is removing the rear seats to get to the top-mounts. The parcel shelf is a little awkward as well, but none of it is exactly difficult.

If your brake hose is routed through a tab on the strut it means you'll need to disconnect the hose - unfortunate really.
Old 30 September 2006, 12:35 PM
Hakon
Supporting Member

You can cut thought the strut brake hose holder and free it that way. Its all relatively easy unless you come accross seized parts, problem was undoing the nut/bolts that held the stut to hub. I had to seek professional help and they had to use scaffold pipe to get the leverage !!