Notices

Carrosser Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2006, 08:06 PM
AideRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrosser Suspension

I have just had fitted a set of Carrosser Coilovers. I bought them second hand, I believe that this is the higher spec suspension from Cusco ? After getting them checked and fitted i have found that they are far too hard !!!! However the car handling is now amazing ! They are fully adjustable but i am unsure how far you can soften them ? Has any one else had any experiance with Cusco coilovers or the Carrosser range of suspension ?
Old 11 September 2006, 01:19 AM
iKarl
Scooby Regular

i've got cusco's on my 95 sti, the ride is firmer but not bone rattling......however my rear has just started leaking which has totally blown the handling
Old 11 September 2006, 12:15 PM
AideRA
Scooby Regular

Gutted about the leak ! This suspension is killing me !!! If I keep it like it is i think i might get kidney damage ! How do you adjust the damping force on your cuscos ?
Old 11 September 2006, 01:09 PM
iKarl
Scooby Regular

going in from the bottom

quite awkward when they're on the car but when you look from the bottom up, you can see a small adjusting nut. mine are set relatively soft and they're still firm!

just managed to get myself some low mileage P1 suspension for much cheapness, can't wait to get them fitted.
Old 12 September 2006, 10:46 AM
AideRA
Scooby Regular

Iam thinking about going along the same line as you, possibly some sti suspension. However Id like to try and soften these up a bit to see if I could live with them. Ive found that adjustment point now, cheers ! Do you know how far you can adjust them, will it just stop adjusting and not completley screw out ? I dont want them popping out if i adjust it too far ! I know this can happen with Tein. Thanks again for lettting me know about that adjustment point !
Old 12 September 2006, 01:39 PM
iKarl
Scooby Regular

i tightened mine up too the point it was like driving on bricks, then gave a couple of turns the opposite way too soften it up. i know its not the totally correct way of doing it but it worked o.k.

i didn't want to keep turning it in case it did just pop out.
Old 12 September 2006, 05:33 PM
AideRA
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a plan. Iam going to have to do something, its taken a bit of pleasure out of driving it ! Iam going to scooby clinic tomorrow to get my clutch sorted so il see what they can do. Thanks again for the help, much appriciated.