Notices

Allignment settings / Whiteline ARB

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2006, 04:13 PM
vamos
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allignment settings / Whiteline ARB

What allingment settings wouold people suggest to use when upgrading ARBs to the Whiteline 22mm front, 24mm rear combo. The car is MY 06 WRX Wagon.

Thanks for the advice guys, I know you won't let me down
Old 31 August 2006, 06:45 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tricky topic, but for a 'mild' modded chassis go to www.whiteline.com.au and search hard (cr@p site) and you will find:
Road/faster road/competition geometry settings.
Follow the chassis mods described and they will tell you the 'best' settings to try.
They are surprisingly good.

Graham
Old 31 August 2006, 09:27 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

IIRC the 'touring' settings (which were also tried out in a long running series in Japanese Performance mag I seem to recall) suitable for the usual Whiteline mods are:
Front - zero toe, 1 degree neg camber
Rear - 1mm toe out each side, 1 degree negative camber (not adjustable on standard classic)
Tyre pressure 37psi front, 32psi rear.

Track settings are the same toe, but 1.5-2 degrees of negative camber front and back IIRC. As Graham says, by trawling around you can find the info on the WHiteline site.
Old 31 August 2006, 10:18 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Just apoint to note (although you may know it already) It's just the way I read your original post.

Changing the Antiroll bars will not change the suspension geometry.
If you've had an alignment already it wont affect those settings.
Obviously if you've not had the car aligned before then it is certainly a worthwile thing to have done.

Andy
Old 01 September 2006, 08:18 AM
MR400
Scooby Regular

Vamos,

be careful with what's been said above, 1mm toe out on the rear is far too much on a road car for the average driver, combine this with your 24mm rear bar and you will hae one hell of a handful in the wet - could be good in the dry though

Your best bet is to discuss your requirements with whomever is setting up your car, they should have some valuable advice or suggestions that will suit you and your driving style.
Old 01 September 2006, 11:29 AM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Well I'm just requoting what Whiteline suggest for users of their products. I am a decidely 'average' driver and I've not found it a problem at all, it's just increased my enjoyment of the car. As always it's down to each individual what they're happy with. The fact that Vamos is after a 24mm rear bar leads me to think he wants the tail end a bit more active.
Old 01 September 2006, 06:45 PM
Scooby Regular

InMHO

A road Impreza with a stock front bar and a 22 mm rear upgrade and (to be complimentary) a Fuzz set-up will be a nice mannered car with no real surprises.

If you want to go a bit further, then 22 mm front and 24mm rear (combo i have) is vice free too!
Sorry for the repeat vid, but this car is easy to drive, and this bend is not easy, and it WAS damp!
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...1&ctime=030140

Graham
Old 03 September 2006, 10:05 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Havn't you got any newer vids Graham.

Andy
Old 03 September 2006, 08:44 PM
Scooby Regular

Rare now. People don't come along to the hills to take them for me, so get stuck!

Try this one:
http://www.dropshots.com/daymainfram...0030102&cimg=5

I get bored of them too!!
Graham
Old 03 September 2006, 09:24 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

TBH Andy set up my car from "new" when he added the RARB drop links and anti lift. Pretty much everyone says the Whiteline RARB is the cheapest mod £ for £ you can do. Add the others as I have and you have a nice handle most things car that won't bite you unless you really push it.

With a brake upgrade I now think mine is as it should be for everyday use.

For the weekend I'd love an extra 35bhp but other than that its fine until I can have a Spec C RA or a Litchfield T25 with Porsche calipers.
Old 04 September 2006, 10:14 AM
vamos
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys, this is great stuff.

TBH I expect the 22/24 ARB combo to be quite neutral in handling terms, plus there is quite a lot of adjustability in the ARBs and also the alignment is not exactly irreversible. I will go with Whiteline recommendations, and then suck it and see. I am looking for reduced understeer and oversteer available, when wanted. The car should be usable on the road, but will see a fair bit of track use, and I want a more focused and aggressive handling than what comes out of the box, hence why I want to adjust the alignment settings to suit.

This is a stage one mod (together with ALK, performance pads and braided hoses), next stage should bring some coilovers, probably KW v3.
Old 04 September 2006, 06:07 PM
Scooby Regular

To kill-off the dry track understeer you will need more mods. Simple to do, not too expensive and the right settings.
Graham
Old 05 September 2006, 12:18 PM
vamos
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 911
To kill-off the dry track understeer you will need more mods. Simple to do, not too expensive and the right settings.
Graham

Tell me more. I am all ears
Old 05 September 2006, 05:54 PM
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/searching-...s-t445470.html

The FULL story.

Too many read this lot now and I'm getting blown-off on the track by some 'following' the developments, so closing the door a bit to be honest. Against my open nature, but...

To get close to this have a chat with Powerstation as the skills in that company are a major contribution to the car's drivability.

Graham

Last edited by 911; 05 September 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06 September 2006, 08:19 AM
vamos
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 911
https://www.scoobynet.com/searching-...s-t445470.html

The FULL story.

Too many read this lot now and I'm getting blown-off on the track by some 'following' the developments, so closing the door a bit to be honest. Against my open nature, but...

To get close to this have a chat with Powerstation as the skills in that company are a major contribution to the car's drivability.

Graham

Oh yea, I have seen your mammoth thread on this before. EPIC stuff, and a jolly good read too.

TBH, this is way over my ambitions, I just want the car to handle in a sastisfying manner, so it is fun for my three or four annual ring trips AND good on the B roads too.

I don't think there is much more that you have done to your chassis, beyond the Whiteline items and a set of coilovers, is there? Noltec top mounts, camber bolts and maybe one or two other tweeks? I have tried emailing with Powerstation, but as soon as they realised that there was no business in me - I live in Prague - they have kind of lost interest. Don't blame them.

In any case - ARBs and ALK going in next week, together with uprated pads and braided hoses, and that is all that is budgeted for this year. I guess that means KWs in the spring, although I will make my mind up on that AFTER the ARBs have been round the ring in October.