Notices

Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2006, 07:05 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !!!

Got a major vibration problem at the front of my car. Its been checked twice by Leda who can't find much wrong although the settings had to be redone the seocnd time not long after the first. I've now replaced the front tyres with the wheels balanced. The wheels were brand spanking new last year and have not so much as touched a kerb. I've also recently replaced the worn droplinks but no improvement.

The car does not wander about or pull to one side but is moved around by corsswinds and tramlines a fair bit but the wheel really vibrates from about 50mph onwards.

It is no worse under braking so I don't think its sticky calipers or warped disks.

Any ideas appreciated.

AllanB
Old 10 July 2006, 08:07 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been in a Cossie with this kind of fault.

The front tyres were physically OVAL in shape. Balanced perfectly etc but the vibration (shakes) were rediculous (Avon CR28 Sports)(all 4 of them!)

Changed tyres to Bridgestone SO2 PP's and all was sweet. Nothing else changed/adjusted.

Obvious, but ask on here to see if you can borrow some totally different wheels/tyres, preferably Subaru wheels, known to be good.

Graham.
Old 11 July 2006, 06:17 PM
cmpequeno
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the top mounts bearings? ( sorry if said something stupid )

I also have a vibration when turn left ( hard ) and when braking. bought the front wishbone pollybushes and the ALK ( black ). hope the problem is one of the bushes...