Whiteline droplinks - 2 types?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2006, 12:38 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline droplinks - 2 types?

Hi,

I'm in the process of ordering a whiteline rear ARB and front & rear solid droplinks - but I'm getting a tad confused and need some advice.

I've noticed that there are two types of drop link available from whiteline: the cast alloy part which looks nice for £55ish, and another cheaper steel version which costs £31. www.rallynuts.com say they do the same job - is this correct (i.e. are the steel ones as good as the cast aluminium ones)?

I'm also confused over which front droplinks to buy, as some sites state that the whiteline front links are not for STI models (which I have) - yet seem to offer no alternative?

Also - I'm in two minds over whether to buy the 22mm or 24mm ARB. I'd like the back to be quite stiff - but on the other hand it rains constantly here so don't want something that is great 20% of the time, but an uncomfortable handful the other 80%.

Would really appreciate your input as I'd like to get things ordered asap.

Brian.
Old 26 June 2006, 12:54 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steel ones work, but don't look preety...
Sti fronts are solid and work
Stock front ARB?: Add a 22mm rear and set to middle hole
22mm front?: Add a 24mm rear on middle hole

Hope this will help.
Graham
Old 26 June 2006, 01:00 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Thanks Graham - will go for the 22mm ARB as I plan to leave the front bar as it is for now.

Back to the drop links - despite the fact that it states the fronts aren't for STI models, they will fit?

Here's the link...

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/Chas...a_NEW_2336.asp

Brian
Old 26 June 2006, 02:52 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

STI's already have solid front droplinks, a balljoint type. The ones on offer are for imprezas with steel front wishbones that have plastic OE links. They won't fit - you don't need them anyway!
Old 26 June 2006, 04:58 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

I think there are 3 types of whiteline droplinks - ordinary metal, the alloy ones and the adjustable spherical bearing jobbies..
Old 26 June 2006, 05:14 PM
winston69
Scooby Regular

When you buy the Rear ARB i think it will come with droplinks mate?
Old 26 June 2006, 05:31 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

STI's already have solid front droplinks, a balljoint type. The ones on offer are for imprezas with steel front wishbones that have plastic OE links. They won't fit - you don't need them anyway!
Thanks Jay - just had a roll under the car to check and you're right; solid droplinks already in place. Should these ever need replaced, is there a heavy duty alternative available other than the Subaru OEM part?

I think there are 3 types of whiteline droplinks - ordinary metal, the alloy ones and the adjustable spherical bearing jobbies..
That's right - think I'll probably go for the metal ones, as if they do the job as well as the cast alloy ones there's little point in paying the extra money for something that's only advantage is better looks - especially when it's hidden under the car. Saying that....I'll probably change my mind when I'm ordering and go for the shiny "bling" ones.

When you buy the Rear ARB i think it will come with droplinks mate?
No, the drop links are purchased separately.

Thanks for all your help folks - I'm now enlightened and know what I need to order