WRX SUSPENSION - OPINIONS PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2006, 04:28 PM
jupiter
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WRX SUSPENSION - OPINIONS PLEASE

HELLO EVERYBODY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

ANY ONE HAS OPINION OR EXPERIENSE OF REIGER SUSPENSION ? . ANY OPINION BETWEEN THEM AND OHLINS ?. WHICH IS THE BEST FOR SOMEONE TO SELECT ?. THE COST SEEMS TO BE THE SAME.

ANY SUGGESTION APPRECIATED.
Old 04 January 2006, 11:25 AM
jgevers
Scooby Regular

Reiger Suspension is a Dutch shock manufacturer who manufactures the dampers for a lot of WRC cars. The performance is very good.

In my experience the Reiger dampers are fit and forget and require very little servicing compared to Ohlins, Proflex and Penske.

If you have the budget to run that type of damper, the Reiger is the best choice as far as I am concerned.

Cheers
Old 04 January 2006, 03:53 PM
jupiter
Scooby Newbie

Thanks a lot.

Have you actually run Reiger in the past. If yes, please give details of srping rates and damper setup ( tarmac, gravel rough or smooth ),
I was thinking of gravel set up since, despite height, the tarmac ones are very stiff for everyday use.

Thanks again.
Old 04 January 2006, 04:36 PM
jgevers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jupiter
Thanks a lot.

Have you actually run Reiger in the past. If yes, please give details of srping rates and damper setup ( tarmac, gravel rough or smooth ),
I was thinking of gravel set up since, despite height, the tarmac ones are very stiff for everyday use.

Thanks again.
I have used Reiger on a variety of cars from Alfa Giulia to Porsche GT2.

The valving and spring rates are dependent on what you use the car for. I would let Reiger guide you. As long as you able to tell them your requirements they will get it right. The 'window of adjustment' on high speed bump, low speed bump and rebound is enormous. So this will allow you get to a damping setting to meet all your expectations.

You won't be disappointed. If you need revalving (probably not) and can't be bothered to send them to Holland, I can rebuild them here.

Cheers
Old 04 January 2006, 06:36 PM
jupiter
Scooby Newbie

Dear jgevers,

I was thinking to order them from a company which is both dealer of Reiger and prepare Subaru Cars For the Group N. I will try to get complete struts ( damper + spring + top mount ). In my experience the offered damper is for both smooth and rough gravel depending on the dialing ( clicks setting ).
The car is basically used for everyday use on roads which are asphalt but basically are not very different from smooth gravel ( bumps and potholes ).
I was thinking of using the rough gravel set up. Do you have any opininion about the differences between smooth and rough gravel set up ?.
In my belief the rough gravel set up has higher low speed bump ( because of higher center of gravity ) and a lot lower rebound ( because of bumps ). The high speed might has to be higher in order to prevent bottoming. Please give me your opininion from your experience ( i conclude from your writtings that you have a lot ).

An other question is about ride heights ( rake ) but i wil possibly let it to reiger.

Thanks
Old 05 January 2006, 09:34 AM
jgevers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jupiter
Dear jgevers,

I was thinking to order them from a company which is both dealer of Reiger and prepare Subaru Cars For the Group N. I will try to get complete struts ( damper + spring + top mount ). In my experience the offered damper is for both smooth and rough gravel depending on the dialing ( clicks setting ).
The car is basically used for everyday use on roads which are asphalt but basically are not very different from smooth gravel ( bumps and potholes ).
I was thinking of using the rough gravel set up. Do you have any opininion about the differences between smooth and rough gravel set up ?.
In my belief the rough gravel set up has higher low speed bump ( because of higher center of gravity ) and a lot lower rebound ( because of bumps ). The high speed might has to be higher in order to prevent bottoming. Please give me your opininion from your experience ( i conclude from your writtings that you have a lot ). An other question is about ride heights ( rake ) but i wil possibly let it to reiger.

Thanks

I would expect the valving for gravel to be ok but you have to take into account that rally cars will run on tyres with a lot more grip as well as a much stiffer bodyshell. So valving for gravel might need a few modifications to make it perfect for our roads. I would make sure that you get the 3 way adjusters so that you can adjust the high speed bump to deal with potholes and speed bumps to your liking.

As far as rideheights concerned, I would use the following base settings and adjust to your liking. Measured from wheel centre to arch:

Classic front 350mm rear 345mm
01-04 front 370mm rear 360mm
05 front 380mm rear 360mm

Cheers,

Job
Old 15 January 2006, 04:16 PM
jupiter
Scooby Newbie

Dear jgevers,

Have you heard anything for exe-tc ?