Notices

P1 springs or Eibach kit?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2005, 06:23 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1 springs or Eibach kit?

I'm after upgrading the suspension on my MY00 classic. I have had the bumpsteer and geometry done at Powerstation (great improvement) and have just fitted a 22mm Whiteline rear arb and droplinks (absolutely huge improvement!)

The car has done 50 odd thousand miles so I figure the original dampers must be on the way out. I am thinking about changing dampers and springs and am trying to decide between a P1 set up or Eibach springs and standard replacement shocks.

I don't want a rock hard ride but a bit less body roll would be good.

Any thoughts?
Old 15 September 2005, 06:44 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Not sure about P1 suspension but Eibachs seem well regarded as do KYB AGX shocks. The shocks have multiple setting and from what I've been told can be set to be quite comfortable for every day use.

This is the set up I'll be having on my MY00. Think the dampers get tired around 50-60K mark but thats IMHO.

edit - can you explain what improvements you felt after the bumpsteer mod and the whiteline stuff.
Old 15 September 2005, 09:34 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Hi Edd,
the bumpsteer mod / alignment made the car a lot more predictable both in bends and on the straight, less understeer and more straight line stability at speed. My car was particularly badly aligned when it left the factory.
The whiteline arb and droplinks have virtually eliminated understeer, the car really darts into corners and you can really feel the rear outside wheel working much harder and with much less tendency to squat in mid bend. It's hard to explain but it just goes where you point it now
I haven't had chance to try it in the wet yet, and it may be more prone to oversteer both on the power and when lifting off suddenly, but as its an adjustable bar I can always back it off one notch to move it closer to the standard setting.
If you are after Whiteline stuff try www.rallynuts.com they are seriously good value.

Last edited by PeteT; 15 September 2005 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Got the www wrong!
Old 26 September 2005, 05:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...ght=suspension