Old 07 March 2005, 04:41 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPAX RSX-555 Height and Damping Adjustable Coilover kit

any good for a my00 uk turbo ?
i can get them for around £600 - £650
im getting whiteline rear arb,alk and droplinks x 4
want to get new shocks and springs as well . . .

any help much appreciated

cheers in advance
daz
Old 07 March 2005, 08:34 PM
David_Harden
Scooby Regular

Daz,

I went for fully adjustable KW coil-overs as recommended by Scoobymania. I found them very hard until I adjusted the damping rate to almost fully soft. This gives enough compliancy.

Subsequently I paid a trip to Powerstation. I was so impressed by their setup and knowledge on Imprezas. I handn't realised they are responsible for producing the Type 25 for Subaru. It shows how much respect they have. They considered that the 60 spring rate springs, used in many coil-overs (and some are even harder), including mine, are too hard and uncompliant for UK roads. Generally they don't recommend coil-overs for road use by 99% are too hard. However, they do have one set they do recommend, but I forget the name (not Spax). I think the spring rate is 40, which is rare. If I was buying again, I would make sure I got 40 springs, whatever the coil-overs.

Incidently, I also have whiteline arbs, front and back, with whiteline droplinks and polyurethane bushes.

David

MY95 WRX
Old 07 March 2005, 09:39 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

understand that david , , i have been to powerstation b4,when they were in cheltenham , , , i was thinking of kyb's,adjustable and eibach springs but then saw the spax for 600 ish . . i think ps rate the ast as the best . .
im also getting a load of whiteline stuff . .droplinks all round rear arb and alk

thinking now of just going for the eibachs over my standard shocks,cars a classic 'Y' reg. and has just had its 2nd mot,so its only 4 years old this month , , think the standard shocks will be ok for a few more years yet

cheers
daz