Notices

MY01 suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2005, 10:15 AM
TARManiAC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY01 suspension upgrade

Looking to upgrade my suspension to make the car handle better for track days. It already has Eibach springs and Superleggera 17" wheels. I´m thinking of buying front and rear arb´s, droplinks, steering rack bushes, camberbolts front and rear and KYB AGX´s. Don´t like the idea of anti-lift kit as to the issues with more dive under heavy braking (I have Godspeed 335mm brakes which already makes the car dive more than wanted).

Was thinking of Perrin stuff (adjustable front arb), but it doesen´t seem to be very well known on this forum?

Any ideas?
Old 20 January 2005, 11:16 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I have Whiteline front and rear ARB's on my 01 together with uprated droplinks and it makes a big difference to the handling of the car!!
I have Super Leggeras too (In 18in fitment though) and Toyo T1-R tyres and the grip in the wet is fantastic now after the upgrade.I have the Prodrive 330mm disks and calipers on mine and noticed the same as you that the car was diving under hard braking.Prodrive actually recommend upgrading the rear pads when using their 330mm kit so I fitted Ferodo DS2500 pads which do stop the car from diving now so you may wanna consider that as an option too. (I also have a front strut brace to stiffen the car that little bit more too)
Demon Tweeks in the UK apparently are still honouring the group buy from last year of Whiteline gear so it may be worthwhile speaking to a guy there called Dave Featherstone who we all used to order the kit from.I know they export too but not sure of prices and whether it's cheaper for you to buy the gear in Denmark or buy from here with a discounted price!!

Good luck

Nick
Old 21 January 2005, 07:29 PM
TARManiAC
Scooby Regular

Thanks for enlightening me Nick. Especially on the subject with braking. Must admit that Im more hooked on the Perrin stuff as the front arb is adjustable. Are you also using Ferodo for the front brakes. How do you rate them. I ask cause I get a lot of jerking when braking and read on this forum that it is caused by the Ferodos which supposedly are not good with big discs.

Scooby stuff in Denmark, are you joking. Currently there are only three new ages in Denmark due to our car prices. A new WRX costs 45454 british pounds.
Old 21 January 2005, 10:22 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TARManiAC
Thanks for enlightening me Nick. Especially on the subject with braking. Must admit that Im more hooked on the Perrin stuff as the front arb is adjustable. Are you also using Ferodo for the front brakes. How do you rate them. I ask cause I get a lot of jerking when braking and read on this forum that it is caused by the Ferodos which supposedly are not good with big discs.

Scooby stuff in Denmark, are you joking. Currently there are only three new ages in Denmark due to our car prices. A new WRX costs 45454 british pounds.
I use Ferodo DS2500's on the front too and haven't really noticed any jerking with them to be honest.The only time I do sometimes get a problem is when I have to brake heavy and the ABS kicks in.Apparently,this is a known problem with the Prodrive brakes and others have experienced it too.It kinda feels like the wheels want to 'skip' a little,that's the only way I can describe it...

It's worth speaking to Dave Featherstone at Demon Tweeks and see if he can source what you need.As I mentioned,he did us some good prices on the Whiteline group buy of last year.Their website is http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/

Contact details are here

Good luck

Nick